Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which organization declared the International Jazz day on 30th April every year to celebrate the virutues Jazz as an educational tool?
A.United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund
B.International Dance Organisation
C.United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
D.World Dance CarnivalAnswer – C.United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
The day was declared during the UNESCO General Conference in 2011. The first annual International Jazz Day was kicked off in Paris.
- Who has been qualified fro Rio Olympics after winning second position in 3000m steeple chase event at the Federation cup in New Delhi?
D.Rajiv ArokiyaAnswer – A.Sudha Singh
Sprinter Sudha Singh has booked berth for Rio Olympics by finishing second in the 3000m steeplechase event at the Federation Cup in New Delhi.
- Which country developed world’s first Graphene electronic paper which is the Lightest and Strongest known material?
D.ChinaAnswer – D.China
OED Technologies of China joint ventured with Company in Chongqing Province has developed the world’s first graphene electronic paper. The graphene is derived from carbon, meaning production costs will be much lower than for traditional e-papers, which use the rare expensive metal indium.
- Union Government approves Rs.9,005 crore investment in reasonable housing in 3 States for Economically Weaker sections under Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana. Name the States?
A.Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Telangana
B.Maharashtra, Punjab and J&K
C.Maharashtra, J&K and Telangana
D.J&K, Telangana and PunjabAnswer – B.Maharashtra, Punjab and J&KExplanation :
Sanctioned by Dr. Nandita Chatterjee, Secretary (HUPA) which was decided in Inter Ministerial Central Screening & Monitoring Committee. The first affordable housing sanctions of these three States sanctioned under PMAY (Urban).
- Union Urban Development Minister Venkaih Naidu and which State/Union territory Chief Minister to flag off South India’s First Underground Metro in that state?
D.DelhiAnswer – C.Karnataka
Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah flagged off South India First Underground metro – East-West corridor of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL). First Underground Metro in Karnataka.
- Which Government announced 10% for economically backward among upper castes with annual income less than Rs. 6 Lakh?
D.RajasthanAnswer – B.Gujarat
Anandiben Patel led Gujarat government declared 10% reservation for the economically backward among upper castes the move likely to benefit all upper caste families with annual income less than Rs six lakh wef 1st May.
- Name the Yojana that has been inaugurated in Bhopal to produce 3 Crore LED Bulbs and distributed all over the State at Rs. 85 per bulb?
D.UtsavAnswer – A.Ujala
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal jointly inaugurated UrjaDaksh LED Bulb Ujala Yojana in Bhopal.
- Railway Ministry to set up two new Directorates and dialing service for Cancelling Train Ticket. What is the dialing service No?
D.139Answer – D.139
The passenger has to dial 139 giving details of the confirmed ticket for cancelling it and the sender will get a one-time password. Passenger has to disclose the OTP to claim refund in Passenger Reservation System (PRS).
- Kerala Indian Medical Association partnered with which organization to promote safe and healthy practices across the state for improving maternal and child health?
D.ILOAnswer – A.UNICEF
UNICEF and Indian Medical Association’s Kerala wing joined hands to promote safe and healthy practices across the state for improving maternal and child health. The partnership will orient all the 35,000 doctors of the association in the state, on the importance of prescribing good practices to their patients besides medicines.
- Mumbai based National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development joint venture with German Government for a special programme for which initiative(s)?
B.Rehabilitation for Food Security
C.Both A& B
D.Neither A nor BAnswer – C.Both A&B
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) joint venture with German government for a special programme on ‘Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security’
- Who has been awarded Nelson Mandela Graça Machel Innovation Award for the 2016?
D.MadonnaAnswer – A.Tabassum Adnan
Swat activist Tabassum Adnan wins 2016 Nelson Mandela Award. Pakistani activist Tabassum Adnan, who fights for women’s rights, has won the Nelson Mandela – Graça Machel Innovation Award 2016 in the individual activist category.
- Maharashtra Govt unveiled Online application named ________________for tribal caste validity certificate?
Maharashtra Governor Vidyasagar Rao launched Online App called AdiPraman which will enable the tribal populace of the state get the caste validity certificates online. This is the first of its kind in India.
- Which Endangered animal spotted in nature reserve in China’s Gansu province have spotted at least nine such dogs or dholes on camera?
A.Asiatic lion tailed Monkey
C.Asiatic wild dogs
D.Indian TigerAnswer – C.Asiatic Wild dogs
These species are rarely seen in the inland province were spotted by infrared cameras in Yanchiwan National Nature Reserve on Qinghai-Tibet plateau. These species have come under International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) segregation of Red List of Threatened
- Mobile POS solutions company ePaisa launched _______________ application to enable payments made into the merchant’s verified bank account.
D.Digital-MoneyAnswer – B.Master-Wallets
Mobile POS solutions company ePaisa launched new mobile application Master-Wallets. The new app enables merchants to accept payments from any digital wallet without having to go through the hassle of opening an account with each and every wallet company.
- Which CEO has been paid with high pay compensation globally which was announced by New York based Equilar Study?
A.Oracle Coporation CEO’s Mark V Hurd and Safra A Catz
B.Robert A Iger of Walt Disney
C.David Cote of Honeywell International
D.Jeffrey R Immelt of General ElectricAnswer – A.Oracle Coporation CEO’s Mark V Hurd and Safra A Catz
Three Indian born persons are among 100 highest paid CEOs globally PepsiCo’s Indra Nooyi, Lyondell Basell’s Bhavesh Patel and Microsoft’s Satya Nadella.