Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which of the following nation will hold Combat Nuclear Terrorism in 2017 ?
Answer – C.India
Explanation – On the sidelines of 2016 Nuclear Security Summit, India will host a meeting of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism in 2017.
- What was the venue for 2016 Nuclear Security Summit ?
Answer – B.Washington
Explanation – 2016 Nuclear Security Summit was held in Washington, D.C., USA. It was the fourth edition of the conference.
- As a part of nuclear security plans, PM Modi had announced to support IAEA’s programme by contributing how much worth to the nuclear security fund ?
A.USD 3 million
B.USD 1.5 million
C.USD 2 million
D.USD 1 million
Answer – D.USD 1 million
Explanation – India will support the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) by a further contribution of USD 1 million to the nuclear security fund.
- Recently, India has signed MoU with which of the following for setting up a new Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) ?
Answer – A.USA
Explanation – India and the USA inked MoU for setting up a new Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) in India that will act as catalyst in the research of various aspects of gravitational wave astronomy.
- In accordance with the “The Yearbook” published by UNIDO, India has been ranked at which position in the list of world’s 10 largest manufacturing countries ?
Answer – C.6th
Explanation – In accordance with the “The Yearbook” published by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), India has been positioned at 6th place among the world’s 10 largest manufacturing countries.
- Saudi Arabia’s highest Civilian order – King Abdulaziz Sash has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – B.Narendra Modi
Explanation – Prime Minister Narendra Modi was bestowed with Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian order award dubbed King Abdulaziz Sash. The honour was named after Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of the modern Saudi state.
- Larry Drake, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
Answer – A.Actor
Explanation – “LA Law” star actor Larry Drake died due rare cancer. He was 66.
- Which of the following bank has started a first of its kind an Aadhaar based ATM usage facility ?
Answer – C.DCB
Explantion – Maharashtra based Small-sized lender DCB Bank has started an Aadhaar-based ATM usage facility in which a customer can transact using his biometric details instead of the PIN.
- The title of Women’s World Twenty20 hosted by International Cricket Council has been clinched by which of the following ?
Answer – D.West Indies
Explanation – In the Fifth Edition of the Mega Tournament hosted by International Cricket Council, West Indies Women’s clinched their maiden Women’s World Twenty20 by defeating Australia.
- Which of the following country’s bank is all set to provide loan assistance to metro system for Nagpur ?
Answer – B.Germany
Explanaton – German Government’s Development Bank KfW pledged to provide a loan assistance of EUR 500 million (about Rs.3,750 crore) for the modern and sustainable metro system for Nagpur city being executed by Metro Rail Corporation Limited.
- Which of the following IT giant has acquired all of the business of Geometric Limited ?
Answer – C.HCL
Explanation – India’s fourth largest information technology company HCL Technologies has acquired (through demerger) all of the business of Geometric Limited.
- Recently, which of the following Indian bank has launched a virtual queuing mobile application that will help customers save on time ?
Answer – B.SBI
Explanation – State Bank of India launched ‘State Bank of India NO Queue’ mobile application to save the valuable time of its esteemed customers for availing of banking services.
- In which of the following Indian state world’s first “White Tiger Safari” has been inaugurated ?
Answer – D.Madhya Pradesh
Explanation – World’s maiden ‘White Tiger Safari’ has been inaugurated at Mukundpur in Satna district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Which of the following has won a world championship with a record-setting free skate score ?
Answer – A.Evgenia Medvedeva
Explanation – 16 years old Evgenia Medvedeva of Russia has won the world championship with a record-setting free skate score by earning 150.10 points.
- How many MoU’s were signed between India and Saudi Arabia during the visit of Prime Minster Narendra Modi ?
Answer – D.5
Explanation – During the NaMo’s visit to Saudi Arabia, 5 MoU’s were signed between both nations in the field of Labour Co-operation, Technical Cooperation Program , Field of Handicrafts Exchange of Intelligence and Investment Promotion Cooperation.