Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- The centre has designated which of the following as the next Ambassador of lndia to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan ?
C.K. Nandini Singla
D.C. Gururaj RaoAnswer – A.Shubhdarshini Tripathi
Explanation – Shubhdarshini Tripathi, presently Deputy Chief of Mission in Berlin, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of lndia to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- Which of the following has been conferred with Maharashtrian of The Year” award 2016?
D.Ranveer SinghAnswer – D.Ranveer Singh
Explanation – Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, who started his career with romantic comedy “Band Baaja Baaraat” in 2010 has been conferred with “Maharashtrian Of The Year” award. On the other hand, the “lifetime achievement award” was bestowed upon 82 year old legendary singer Asha Bhosle.
- The prestigious PEN/Barbey Freedom to Write Award 2016 has been conferred upon which of the following?
D.Nasrin SotoudehAnswer – C.Ahmed Naji
Explanation – The prestigious PEN/Barbey Freedom to Write Award, presented by PEN America has been conferred upon, jailed Egyptian author and journalist, Ahmed Naji.
- Recently, President Pranab Mukherjee has implemented the Appropriation (Vote on Account) Ordinance, 2016 for which of the following Indian state?
D.Arunachal PradeshAnswer – B.Uttarakhand
Explanation – President Pranab Mukherjee has implemented the Uttarakhand Appropriation (Vote on Account) Ordinance, 2016 which sanctions expenditure that has come under direct federal rule because of a political crisis. Uttarakhand is under the President’s Rule.
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) of India has introduced a new index to its broad market indices. It will consist of how many companies ?
D.318Answer – C.400
Explanation – Mumbai headquartered National Stock Exchange (NSE) introduced a new index to its broad market indices “Nifty Mid Smallcap 400”. It will comprise of 400 companies which are the constituents of Nifty Midcap 150 and Nifty Smallcap 250 indices.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe ?
D.H BambawaleAnswer – B.R Masakui
Explanation – R. Masakui, presently Director in Ministry of External Affairs, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe.
- World Autism Awareness Day observes on which of the following dates ?
D.March 31Answer – A.April 2
Explanation – World Autism Awareness Day observes annually on April 2 to raise awareness about children with autism throughout the world. This year it was observed with a theme “Autism and the 2030 Agenda: Inclusion and Neurodiversity”.
- Babu Bharadwaj, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following fields ?
D.MusicianAnswer – B. Journalist
Explantion – Veteran journalist and writer Babu Bharadwaj died of cardiac arrest. He was 68.
- The Government has appointed which of the following as the next Ambassador of India to Portugal ?
B.Dinesh K. Patnaik
D.K. Nandini SinglaAnswer – D.K. Nandini Singla
Explanation – K. Nandini Singla, presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Portugal.
- The Union Finance Minister has extended the safeguard duty on import of some steel products to how many years ?
D.1Answer – C.2
Explanation – The Union Finance Minister has extended the safeguard duty on import of some steel products by two years i.e till March 2018. The duty will be on the products which are imported at or above the minimum import price (MIP).
- Which of the following becomes the first Indian state to link all government colleges and medical colleges to the national cancer grid ?
D.RajasthanAnswer – C. Maharashtra
Explanation – Maharashtra tied up with the Tata Trusts to link all government colleges and medical colleges to the national cancer grid for uniform cancer profiling and quality treatment.
- Recently, which of the following state has passed the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in the Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill 2016 ?
D.RajasthanAnswer – A.Gujarat
Explanation – Gujarat Assembly passed the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in the Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Gujarat Amendment) Bill 2016. It introduces changes at the state level to the central law that deals with land acquisition and rehabilitation.
- Which of the following has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to Barbados ?
D.Ahmad JavedAnswer – C. Satender Kumar
Explanation – Satender Kumar, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Suriname, has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to Barbados with residence in Paramaribo.
- The center has approved which of the following state’s Tourism’s coastal circuit project under the “Swadesh Darshan Scheme” ?
D.KeralaAnswer – B. Goa
Explanation – Goa Tourism’s coastal circuit project under the ‘Swadesh Darshan Scheme’ has been approved by the Centre and soon funds will be allocated under various components for development projects.
- Which of the following has bagged the silver medal at the Asian/Oceania Qualifying Tournament in the 56 Kilogram category final ?
D.Shiva ThapaAnswer – D. Shiva Thapa
Explanation – Ace Indian boxer Shiva Thapa has won the silver medal at the Asian/Oceania Qualifying Tournament held in Qian’an, China in the 56 Kilogram category final.