Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Harvest Festival is otherwise called as Vishu is the major festival of which state?
Answer – A.Kerala
Kerala is celebrating the Harvest Festival on April 14 or 15 of every year. They are visiting temples, performing special pujas and exchanging gifts to mark the occasion. And also celebrated for the start of the Hindu Malayalee’s New Year.
- India is collaborated with which country on tackling offshore tax evasion and increase Co-operation in sharing of cross-border tax Information?
Answer – B.United States
India joint venture with US to enhance collaboration on tackling offshore tax evasion and increase cooperation in sharing of cross-border tax information.
Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley and US Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew
- Which company extends free internet service through Wifi to 10 railway stations that was launched initially at Mumbai in January 2016?
Answer – D.Google
Google extends free internet service through WiFi to 10 railway stations
Which are Pune, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Ranchi, Raipur, Vijayawada, Kacheguda (Hyderabad), Ernakulum Jn (Kochi) and Vishakhapatnam.
- Shaheen – V is the joint Exercise which of the two Countries?
A.China and Afghanistan
B.Pakistan and Afghanistan
C.Pakistan and China
D.China and Bhutan
Answer – C.Pakistan and China
Pakistan and China began their 5th joint air exercise, Shaheen-V in Pakistan during the year 2016 and formerly was conducted in Beijing, China.
- India claims a loan of $250 million from the BRICS’s New Development Bank to which bank for a renewable Energy project?
A.State Bank of India
B.Reserve Bank of India
Answer –D.Canara Bank
India gets a loan of $250 million from the BRICS’s New Development Bank funding to Canara Bank for a renewable energy project.
The Development Bank has approved four green renewable energy projects from India, China, Brazil and South Africa entailing Bank financing of $811 million.
- A renowed and popular Punjab Lokpal Justice and Former Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge passed away recently. Who is he/she?
Answer – B.J.S. Sekhon
Punjab lokpal and former Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge, Justice Jai Singh Sekhon passed away who is elder brother of Punjab cabinet minister Janmeja Singh Sekhon.
- The persons who are Soumyajit Ghosh, Manika Batra joined in Rio Olympic 2016 lists. The persons are related to which of the following Games ?
Answer – A.Table Tennis
Indian Paddlers Soumyajit Ghosh and ManikaBatra booked their Olympic tickets by winning their respective groups in the Asian Qualifiers in Hong Kong. The 2016 Olympics will be the first held in South AmericA.From this year, Africa is now the only continent never to host the Games.
- Who has been named as one of the brand ambassadors of the forthcoming World Championships by the International Boxing Association (AIBA)?
D.None of the above
Answer – B.Mary Kom
Manipuri boxer MC Mary Kom has been named as one of the brand ambassadors of the forthcoming World Championships by the International Boxing Association (AIBA). Mary Kom who missed the Olympic is aiming to secure her second successive Olympic appearance through the world event which is scheduled from May 19 to 27 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- Which country has been declared as drought Emergency for first time ever in the History?
Answer – D.El Salvador
The Central American country of El Salvador has declared a water shortage emergency and People of the capital city of San Salvador have protested because of water shortages in recent weeks in March – April 2016.
- Who has acquired the New Delhi Based Memetic Labs Technologies who are helpdesk product?
D.None of the these
Answer – C.Freshdesk
Explanation: This is the fifth acquisition of Freshdesk. The other previous acquisitions include 1CLICK, a live video chat platform, Frilp, a social recommendation app, Konotor, a mobile first user engagement platform, and Frame bench, a platform for creative collaboration.
- Government appoints Susmita Pande as Chairperson in which of the following Authority/ Commission?
A.National Archaeological Authority
B.Indian Monument Commission
C.Monument regulatory Authority
D.National Monument Authority
Answer – D.National Monument Authority (NMA)
Susmita Pande, a professor at Ujjain’s Vikram University, has been appointed as the new chairperson of the National Monument Authority (NMA) for a three-year term.
NMA, under the Union Culture & Tourism Ministry, is responsible for the protection and preservation of centrally protected monuments and sites.
- Reserve Bank Of India has recently cuts off Maturity of Masala Bonds to how many years?
D.No such restriction
Answer – C.3 Years
RBI has reduced the minimum tenure of Masala bonds to 3 years make it more attractive. The term “Masala Bond” is used to refer to rupee-denominated borrowings by Indian entities in overseas markets.
- Centre Public Sector Undertakings inks Memorandum of Understanding with which institute to work in areas of Education and Human Resource Development?
A.Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences
B.Banaras Hindu University
C.Jawaharlal Nehru University
D.Muslim Aligarh University
Answer – A.Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences
Bhubaneswar based Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) and Educational Consultants India Limited, a central PSU, jointly signed a MoU to work in areas of education and human resource development.
- National Capital Delhi bans all forms which type of products for one year?
D.Diesel for Automobile
Answer –B. Chewable Tobacco
Delhi government has banned the production, storage, distribution and sale of pan masala, gutkha, and all forms of chewable tobacco in the national capital for one year.
- Who is the newly elected Prime Minister of Ukraine during April 2016?
Answer – A.Volodymyr Groysman
Ukraine’s parliaent has appointed Volodymyr Groysman as the country’s new prime minister. MPs voted to approve Mr. Groysman’s appointment and accept the resignation of his predecessor, Arseniy Yatsenyuk.
- A famous playwright Arnold Wesker, has died at the age of 83. He belongs to which country?
Answer – C.British
London born prolific political writer who produced more than 40 plays, as well as books of essays, poetry and short stories, his work also included children’s fiction and a first novel, Honey, which was published in 2005.