Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Department of Personnel and Training has designated which of the following as the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited?
A. NK Gupta
B. Deepak Kashyap
C. Sujata Ray
D. Padma IyerAnswer – B. Deepak Kashyap
Explanation – Railway service officer Deepak Kashyap has been appointed as the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of BSNL. He will act as the distant arm of Central Vigilance Commission to check corruption.
- The upcoming biopic movie of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar titled ”Sachin A Billion Dreams” is directed by which of the following?
A. Alfred Hitchcock
B. Martin Scorsese
C. Christopher Nolan
D. James ErskineAnswer – D. James Erskine
Explanation – The poster for the upcoming biopic movie of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar titled ”Sachin A Billion Dreams” had been revealed. The movie is directed by James Erskine and the producer of the movie is Ravi Bhagchandka.
- Akash missile, which has been recently test fired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha has which of the following launch mode?
A. Sea to Surface
B. Surface to Air
C. Surface to Surface
D. Surface to SeaAnswer – B. Surface to Air
Explanation – India’s indigenously developed surface-to-air Akash missile was test fired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near Balasore in Odisha.
- In order to help people in exploring carpooling options, which of the following State government has launched a PoochhO Carpool app?
D. GujaratAnswer – C. Delhi
Explanation – Delhi government launched PoochhO Carpool app to help people explore carpooling options during the 15-day exercise during the odd-even car-rationing scheme.
- Which of the following Indian businessman has acquired Barbados Tridents, a franchise in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL)?
A. Gautam Adani
B. Pallonji Mistry
C. Shiv Nadar
D. Vijay MallyaAnswer – D. Vijay Mallya
Explanation – The troubled businessman, Vijay Mallya, paid only USD 100 to acquire Barbados Tridents, a franchise in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
- Union Cabinet has apprised MoU of India with which of the following country on bilateral cooperation in the field of Fisheries and aquaculture and allied activities?
C. Sri Lanka
D. BangladeshAnswer – D. Bangladesh
Explanation – Union Cabinet was apprised MoU signed between India and Bangladesh in September, 2011 on bilateral cooperation in the field of Fisheries and aquaculture and allied activities.
- The Centre has appointed which of the following as the liaison officer with Jammu and Kashmir government?
A. Ratan Wattal
B. Subhash Khuntia
C. Vijay S Madan
D. Prerna PuriAnswer – A. Ratan Wattal
Explanation – The Centre has appointed Finance Secretary Ratan Wattal as the liaison officer with Jammu and Kashmir government to ensure the fast track flow of funds.
- Saraswati Samman for the year 2015 has been conferred upon which of the following?
B. Govind Mishra
C. Padma Sachdev
D. M Veerappa MoilyAnswer – C. Padma Sachdev
Explanation – Jammu-born poet and novelist Padma Sachdev has been chosen for the prestigious Saraswati Samman for the year 2015 for her autobiography “Chitt-Chete” in Dogri language.
- Which of the following Cigarettes and Tobacco manufacturing company became the first company in India to implement the Centre’s Cigarettes Packaging Amendment Rules, 2014?
A. NTC Industries
B. Godfrey Phillip
C. Kothari Product
D. Golden TobaccoAnswer – D. Golden Tobacco
Explanation – Golden Tobacco Ltd. became the first company in India to implement the Union Health Ministry’s Cigarettes Packaging Amendment Rules, 2014. As per it, both sides of the cigarette packs shall display specific health warnings in 85 percent of the area as against the present 40 percent.
- In accordance with the World Economic Outlook report, India’s growth is projected to how much % in 2016-17?
D. 7.6%Answer – B. 7.5%
Explanation – As per the International Monetary Fund in its latest World Economic Outlook report, India’s growth is projected to notch up to 7.5 percent in 2016-17.
- Which of the following Indian Bank has launched “Campus Wallet”, a student identity card integrated with banking technology?
A. Canara Bank
B. IndusInd Bank
C. Federal Bank
D. Axis BankAnswer – C. Federal Bank
Explanation – Federal Bank launched “Campus Wallet”, a student identity card integrated with banking technology in tie-up with technology startup Chillar Payment Solutions.
- As per the Global Connectivity Index by Huawei, Indian has been ranked at which position in terms of investment and deployment of Information and Communications Technology (ICT)?
D. 45Answer – B. 44
Explanation – India has been ranked 44 in the third Global Connectivity Index report during the Global Analyst Summit 2016 in Shenzhen, China.
- Which of the following Indian state has passed the Dance Bar Regulation Bill, which has provisions for stringent actions against the violators?
C. Tamil Nadu
D. KarnatakaAnswer – A. Maharashtra
Explanation – The Maharashtra Legislative Assembly unanimously passed the Dance Bar Regulation Bill 2016. The bill has provisions for stringent actions against the violators.
- Recently, Union Cabinet gave its nod on adopting the statute of the SAWEN which will help in checking cross border wildlife crimes. What SAWEN stands for?
A. South Africa Wildlife Enforcement Network
B. South Asia Wildlife Enactment Network
C. South Asia Wildlife Enforcement Network
D. South Africa Wildlife Enactment NetworkAnswer – C. South Asia Wildlife Enforcement Network
Explanation – The Union Cabinet today gave its nod for India adopting the statute of the South Asia Wildlife Enforcement Network (SAWEN) which will help in checking cross border wildlife crimes.
- David Gest, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following fields?
D. PoliticianAnswer – C. Entertainer
Explanation – Entertainer, producer and reality television star David Gest has died in a London hotel aged 62.