Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- International Day of Human Space Flight observes on which of the following dates?
A. April 13
B. April 10
C. April 11
D. April 12Answer – D. April 12
Explanation – The United Nations (UN) celebrates the International Day of Human Space Flight on April 12 each year which aims to promote aspirations to explore and maintain outer space for peaceful purposes.
- Veenu Paliwal, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the field?
D. TennisAnswer – C. Biking
Explanation – In a tragic incident, Veenu Paliwal, India’s top and first woman biker died in a road accident in Vidisha district of Madhya Pradesh. She was 44.
- Which of the following has been named as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of the Month for March?
A. Nicholas Fung
B. S.S.P. Chawrasia
C. Marcus Fraser
D. Shaun NorrisAnswer – B. S.S.P. Chawrasia
Explanation – S.S.P. Chawrasia of India was honoured as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of the Month for March to recognize his heroics at the Hero Indian Open.
- Lava International Limited, one of India’s leading players in the mobile handset industry has designated which of the following as its brand ambassador?
A. Suresh Raina
B. Sania Mirza
C. Virat Kohli
D. MS DhoniAnswer – D. MS Dhoni
Explanation – Lava International Limited, one of India’s leading players in the mobile handset industry announced its association with India’s national cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, as its brand ambassador.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the new Chairman of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB)?
A. S. Ravindran
D. Sushma GodboleAnswer – A. S. Ravindran
Explanation – S. Ravindran, Deputy General Manager of Syndicate Bank, took charge as the new Chairman of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB).
- Union Government has designated which of the following as the Director General (DG) in the Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D)?
A. Ruveda Salam
B. Meeran Borwankar
C. B. Sandhya
D. Damayanti SenAnswer – B. Meeran Borwankar
Explanation – Union Government has appointed senior IPS officer Ms. Meeran C. Borwankar as the Director General (DG) in the Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D).
- Hemant Kumar Ruia has appointed as the Chief Financial Officer of which of the following?
D. QuippoAnswer – C. Indus
Explanation – Indus Towers, the country’s largest telecom tower company, has appointed Hemant Kumar Ruia as the Chief Financial Officer.
- Which of the following has won the “Global Indian of the Year” award?
A. Vidya Balan
B. Kangna Ranaut
C. Priyanka Chopra
D. Aishwarya RaiAnswer – D. Aishwarya Rai
Explanation – Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has won the ‘Global Indian of the Year’ award during NRI of the year award function held at Mumbai.
- Recently, which of the following has been conferred with the highest French civilian distinction, Officer of the Legion of Honor?
A. Anju Dhillon
B. JJ Singh
C. Raj Grewal
D. Navdeep BainsAnswer – B. JJ Singh
Explanation – Former Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General (retd) Joginder Jaswant Singh was conferred the highest French civilian honour, Officier de l Ordre national de la Legion d Honneur (Officer of the Legion of Honour).
- Which of the following telecom company has become the first entity to receive final approval from the RBI to start a payments bank?
D. AirtelAnswer – D. Airtel
Explanation – Bharti Airtel’s payments bank venture, Airtel M Commerce Services Ltd. has become the first entity to receive final approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start a payments bank.
- Which of the following train has become the first Indian train fitted with CCTV surveillance cameras?
A. Kolhapur Express
B. Rajya Rani Express
C. Shan-e-Punjab Express
D. Satpura ExpressAnswer – C. Shan-e-Punjab Express
Explanation – Shan-e-Punjab Express has become the first Indian train fitted with CCTV surveillance cameras. Four to six cameras have been installed inside each coach which ‘Digital Video Recorder.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation at which of the following places?
A. New Delhi
D. BengaluruAnswer – A. New Delhi
Explanation – Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation in New Delhi. Government of India has allotted Rs 380 crore to the Project Tiger in the current fiscal year.
- The UNICEF has inked an MoU with which of the following university to empower the adolescents?
D. PTUAnswer – B. GITAM
Explanation – The UNICEF and GITAM University signed an MoU to empower the adolescents and to address the adolescents’ issues in Visakhapatnam District.
- India has given nod for military logistic agreement with which of the following country?
D. USAnswer – D. US
Explanation – India and the United States have agreed, in principle, to conclude a “Logistic Exchange Memorandum of Agreement” on mutual military logistic support.
- Which of the following country has clinched the title of the third Asian Kho-Kho championship?
D. BangladeshAnswer – C. India
Explanation – Indian men’s and women’s kho-kho teams won both the category’s championship titles at the third Asian Kho-Kho championship organised in Indore.