Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Off-road vehicle manufacturer Polaris has tied up with which of the following e-commerce website to sell its ATV (All Terrain Vehicles)?
Answer – D. Snapdeal
Explanation – Off-road vehicle manufacturer Polaris has tied up with the popular e-commerce website Snapdeal to sell its ATV (All Terrain Vehicles).
- As per the bilateral talks between Indian and Maldivian head, how many agreements have been signed between both nations?
Answer – D. 6
Explanation – In the delegation-level bilateral talks led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Maldivian President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom both sides signed 6 agreements in the fields of defence, tourism, taxation, space research, and conservation of mosques.
- National Safe motherhood day, observes on which of the following dates?
A. April 13
B. April 12
C. April 11
D. April 10
Answer – C. April 11
Explanation – National Safe motherhood day is celebrated every year on 11th April across India to mark Kasturba Gandhi’s birth anniversary. It was launched by the White Ribbon Alliance (WRA).
- Recently, which of the following Indian state has announced to reserve 2% employment for meritorious sports persons?
Answer – C. Jharkhand
Explanation – Jharkhand Chief Minister Ragbubar Das announced that the government would reserve two per cent employment in various departments for meritorious sports persons of the state.
- Which of the following has become the first transgender person in Tamil Nadu to contest the assembly elections?
A. Padmini Prakash
B. Salam hailed Devi
C. Rose Venkatesan
D. Kalki Subramaniam
Answer – B. Salam hailed Devi
Explanation – Salam hailed Devi is the first transgender person in Tamil Nadu to contest the assembly elections. She will be contesting on behalf of the Tamil party, NaamTamilarKatchi.
- International Convention on World Homoeopathy Day was held at which of the following places?
A. New Delhi
Answer – A. New Delhi
Explanation – Central Council for Research in homoeopathy (CCRH) has signed two MOUs with institutions of higher education of Canada and Armenia during International Convention on World Homoeopathy Day at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2016 has been conferred upon which of the following?
A. Zafarul Islam Khan
B. Mubasher Lucman
C. Khadija Ismayilova
D. Sameera Aziz
Answer – C. Khadija Ismayilova
Explanation – Azerbaijani journalist Khadija Ismayilova awarded with UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2016. She has been recommended Ismayilova in recognition of her outstanding contribution to press freedom in difficult circumstances.
- Which of the following bestowed with Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation’s Best Actress of the Year Award?
A. Sonakshi Sinha
B. Priyanka Chopra
C. Kangana Ranaut
D. Vidya Balan
Answer – B. Priyanka Chopra
Explanation – Actress Priyanka Chopra will be bestowed with Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation’s Best Actress of the Year Award.
- Which of the following has broken the world record of longest dance performance by continuously dancing for 123 hours and 30 minutes?
A. Birju Maharaj
B. Kumudini Lakhiya
C. Shovana Narayan
D. Soni Chaurasiya
Answer – D. Soni Chaurasiya
Explanation – Soni Chaurasiya a Kathak dancer from Varanasi has broken the world record of longest dance performance by continuously dancing for 123 hours and 30 minutes.
- National Intellectual Property (IP) Award has been conferred upon which of the following under the academic institute’s category?
Answer – C. IIT-Kharagpur
Explanation – IIT-Kharagpur has been conferred with National Intellectual Property (IP) Award in the academic institute’s category.
- The world’s first multi-national team based “Futsal league” has roped, which of the following as the league’s brand ambassador?
A. MS Dhoni
B. Virat Kohli
C. Lionel Messi
D. Sania Mirza
Answer – B. Virat Kohli
Explanation – Premier Futsal has roped in Virat Kohli as the league’s brand ambassador. The world’s first multi-national team-based Futsal league is set to take place in India from July 15th – 24th.
- C Silvera, who has been recently passed away was the former Union Minister of which of the following Indian state?
Answer – D. Mizoram
Explanation – Former Union Minister of Mizoram C Silvera died at 81.He was the only leader from Mizoram to be in the union council of ministers.
- The Malaysia Open title has been conferred upon which of the following?
A. Hong Wei
B. Lee Chong Wei
C. Chen Long
D. Kim Gi Jung
Answer – B. Lee Chong Wei
Explanation – The Seventh Edition of Malaysian Open Badminton title has been clinched by Lee Chong Wei.
- Endangered bird spoon-billed sandpiper was spotted in which of the following country?
Answer – D. China
Explanation – A spoon billed sandpiper was spotted in tropical island of China’s Hainan area.
- Which of the following is all set to become the Haryana’s new Lokayukta?
A. Sajjan Singh
B. KS Solanki
C. NK Aggarwal
D. Pritam Pal
Answer – C. NK Aggarwal
Explanation – Former Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court NK Aggarwal will be Haryana’s next Lokayukta. He will succeed Justice Pritam Pal.