Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- To enable users to use mobile based push payments and make eCommerce payments on merchant and social media applications which of the following teamed up with Visa and Tran Serv?
D. MicromaxAnswer – D. Micromax
Explanation – Micromax teams up with Visa and Tran Serv to promote digital payments. The payment solutions will soon be available to Micromax smartphone users through the Udio app.
- Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal laid the foundation stone for underground cabling work at which of the following?
D. VaranasiAnswer – D. Varanasi
Explanation – Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal laid the foundation stone for underground cabling work under Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) in Varanasi.
- As a part of “Green UP – Clean UP” Programme, Akilesh Yadav has directed to plnt how many trees by the month of July?
A. 4 crore
B. 1 crore
C. 5 crore
D. 3 croreAnswer – C. 5 crore
Explanation – Uttar Pradesh government has directed all the district magistrates for plantation of 5 crore trees at 6,500 sites in 24 hours on a date fixed in month of July under the “Green UP – Clean UP” initiative.
- Recently, Haryana Government has set up two member inquiry panel to probe into Jat quota stir. It will be headed by which of the following?
A. Narbir Singh
B. S N Jha
C. Parkash Singh
D. Anil VijAnswer – B. S N Jha
Explanation – Haryana government set up a two-member Commission of Inquiry headed by Retired Justice S N Jha, former Chief Justice of Jammu to probe the sequence of events leading to violence during the Jat agitation for reservation in February.
- Under UJALA Program, which of the following became the fastest Indian state to replace one crore bulbs with energy efficient LEDs?
B. Uttar Pradesh
D. West BengalAnswer – B. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation – Uttar Pradesh become the fastest State to replace one crore bulbs with energy-efficient LEDs distributed under the Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) Programme.
- The Puttingal Devi temple is located in which of the following places?
D. KollamAnswer – D. Kollam
Explanation – Puttingal Devi temple is situated at Kollam, Kerala. Due to the display of fireworks, the fire mishap was occurred on the last day of “Meena Bharani” festival.
- The International Mine Countermeasures Exercise (IMCMEX) has started in which of the following country?
D. OmanAnswer – A. Bahrain
Explanation – The US Navy is leading 30-nation maritime exercise across Middle East Waters. The International Mine Countermeasures Exercise (IMCMEX) started in Bahrain.
- As a part of Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradha visit to Iran, India has offered to invest, how much worth in Iran in order to enhance their energy ties?
A. $50 billion
B. $20 billion
C. $30 billion
D. $10 billionAnswer – B. $20 billion
Explanation – India has offered to invest up to $20 billion in Iran in order to enhance energy ties between both nations.
- Miss India World 2016 title has been conferred upon which of the following?
A. Pankhuri Gidwan
B. Navneet Dhillon
C. Priyadarshini Chatterjee
D. Sushruthi Krishna[spoiler title="Answer & Explanation" icon="plus" style="fancy"]Answer – C. Priyadarshini Chatterjee
Explanation – Delhi girl, Priyadarshini Chatterjee was announced as the winner of FBB Femina Miss India World by Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan during a star-studded ceremony.
- World Homeopathy Day observes on which of the following dates?
A. April 13
B. April 12
C. April 10
D. April 11Answer – C. April 10
Explanation – World Homeopathy Day is celebrated every year on April 10th to honour the Father of Homeopathy System of medicine Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
- Burj Khalifa is situated at which of the following places?
D. Abu DhabiAnswer – C. Dubai
Explanation – BurjKhalifa is situated at Dubai, currently the world’s tallest skyscraper. Now, Dubai is planning to build a tower that will stand higher than its BurjKhalifa.
- Which of the following telecom company has started testing of WiFi based network to connect 1 Lakh Panchayats?
D. BSNLAnswer – D. BSNL
Explanation – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has started testing of WiFi based network to connect 1 lakh panchayats under rural broadband project of Government.
- Recently, which of the following has been conferred with the highest French civilian the Legion of Honor?
A. Trevor manuel
vanetham PillayC. Narendra Modi
D. Helen ZilleAnswer – B. Navanetham Pillay
Explanation – Tamil descendent Judge Navanetham Pillay, South Africa’s first non-white woman judge who is of Indian origin, has been convened upon the highest French civilian the Legion of Honour.
- Union government is all set to issue universal identity cards to which of the following in order to provide them easy access to various benefits?
A. Senior citizen
D. Minority groupsAnswer – C. Differently-abled
Explanation – The Union government is set to issue universal identity cards to the physically challenged with the objective of providing them easy access to various benefits being extended by the government.
- Which country’s researchers have introduced Graphene based all-weather solar cell?
D. RussiaAnswer – A. China
Explanation – Chinese researchers have now introduced a new approach for making an all-weather solar cell developed a highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cell.