Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Recently, GOI has lauched “Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan” aka “Inclusiveness and Accessibility Index” in collaboration with which of the following ?
D.AYUSHAnswer – C.FICCI
Explanation – In order to promote the empowerment of persons with disabilities, “Inclusiveness and Accessibility Index” has been instigated by the Government of India in partnership with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- In a bid to encourage research in premier technical institutions through IMPRINT, MoU has been signed by how many ministries ?
D.25Answer – D.25
Explanation – In a bid to encourage research in premier technical institutions through IMPRINT (Impacting Research Innovation and Technology), the memorandum of understanding has been signed by the 25 ministries comprising human resource development.
- Which of the following SAIL’s steel plant initiated the hot trial of the new state of the art 1.2 MTPA (million tonne per annum) Universal Rail Mill (URM) ?
A.Bokaro Steel Plant
B.Durgapur Steel Plant
C.Bhilai Steel Plant
D.Rourkela Steel PlantAnswer – C.Bhilai Steel Plant
Explanation – Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), the largest state-owned steel making company headquartered in New Delhi, initiated the hot trial of the new state of the art 1.2 MTPA (million tonne per annum) Universal Rail Mill (URM) from its flagship entity, the Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP).
- Government of India has publicized the Indian Intellectual Property (IP) Panorama by offering a single window interface. Which of the following has not linked with its development ?
A.World Intellectual Property Organization
B.Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
C.Korea Invention Promotion Association
D.Korean Intellectual Property OfficeAnswer – B.Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
Explanation – Government of India has publicized the Indian Intellectual Property (IP) Panorama in New Delhi by offering a single window interface for information and guidance on intellectual property. It has been developed by World Intellectual Property Organization, Korean Intellectual Property Office and Korea Invention Promotion Association.
- The Union Ministry for WCD initiated a project of construction of a special Home for 1000 widows at which of the following ?
D.MeerutAnswer – B.Mathura
Explanation – The Union Minister for Women & Child Development Maneka Sanjay Gandhi initiated a project of construction of a special Home for 1000 widows at Vrindavan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Recently, which of the following became the 10th state to join the Centre’s scheme UDAY for revival of debt stressed power distribution companies ?
D.ManipurAnswer – A.Uttarakhand
Explanation – The GOI, Uttarakhand and Uttarakhand Power Corporation (UPCL) signed MoU under the UDAY scheme. With this Uttarakhand has become the 10th state to join the Centre’s scheme for revival of debt stressed power distribution companies.
- Which of the following e-commerce giant has acquired PhonePe, a Bengaluru-based mobile payments company ?
D.FlipkartAnswer – D.Flipkart
Explanation – E-commerce giant Flipkart has acquired PhonePe, a Bengaluru-based mobile payments company, which was co-founded by ex-Flipkart employees Sameer Nigam and Rahul Chari.
- Zaha Hadid, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.ActressAnswer – C.Architect
Explanation – Renowned Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid has died in Miami due to heart attack. He was 65.
- Which of the following has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of Telangana ?
B.J Geeta Reddy
D.P. SamanthakamaniAnswer – B.J Geeta Reddy
Explanation – Congress senior MLA J Geeta Reddy was designated as the Chairperson of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of Telangana. She will be the first woman legislator to be appointed for the post in India.
- Recently India has signed an MOU with which of the following to supply 150 boats and fishing equipment ?
D.Sri LankaAnswer – D.Sri Lanka
Explanation – India and Sri Lanka have signed an MOU to supply 150 boats and fishing equipment to the fishermen of Mullaitivu.
- A partial liquor ban has been brought into effect in which of the following Indian state ?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Bihar
Explanation – A partial liquor ban has been brought into effect in Bihar. The person indulging in manufacturing trade, transportation, sale and consumption of country-made and spiced liquor across the state will be punished for violating the stringent provisions of the Bihar Excise (Amendment) Act, 2016.
- In accordance with the US research firm IHS Inc, India has been ranked at which of the following place in largest spender on defence ?
D.8thAnswer – A.4th
Explanation – According to US research firm IHS Inc, India has become the world’s fourth largest spender on defence, following a 13.1% increase in its 2016-17 defence budget.
- Which of the following Indian media company plans to launch its over the top platform in other countries ?
D.Star IndiaAnswer – D.Star India
Explanation – Indian media and entertainment company, Star India plans to launch its over the top platform Hotstar in other countries over the next few months.
- Ronnie Corbett, who has been recently passed away was related to which of the following field ?
D.PoliticianAnswer – C.Entertainer
Explanation – Entertainer Ronnie Corbett, best known for BBC comedy sketch show The Two Ronnies died due to ill health. He was 85.
- As per the Haryana Municipal (Amendment) Bill, 2016 and Haryana Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2016, what will be the minimum educational qualification for a candidate of the general category ?
D.Class VIIIAnswer – C.Class X
Explanation – The Haryana Assembly passed The Haryana Municipal (Amendment) Bill, 2016 and Haryana Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2016 making it mandatory for those contesting the polls for urban local bodies to have a minimum educational qualification. As per the amendments, the minimum educational qualification for a candidate of the general category would be Class X.