We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 7 July 2023, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2023 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Cabinet approves draft Digital Personal Data Protection (DPDP) Bill, 2022i.On July 5, 2023, the Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi, approved the Draft of Digital Personal Data Protection (DPDP) Bill, 2022, will be tabled in Parliament during the upcoming Monsoon session that will start on July 20 and continue till August 11 2023.
ii.The bill aims to provide consent-based data collection techniques.
iii.The Bill frames out the rights and duties of the citizen (Digital Nagrik) and the obligations to use collected data lawfully of the data fiduciary (entities that collect personal data). It is based on the following six principles of the data economy.
iv.The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, established by the Central Government under the Information Technology (IT) Act 2000 regulates the usage of personal data. However, it has been recognized that this framework is insufficient to ensure adequate protection of personal data.
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY):
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya Sabha, Odisha)
Ministers of State (MoS) – Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Rajya Sabha, Karnataka)
>> Read Full News
MHA launched Scheme for Expansion and Modernization of Fire Services in the States with outlay of Rs 5000 croreMinistry of Home Affairs(MHA) launched a “Scheme for Expansion and Modernization of Fire Services in the States” as a part of the allocation of Preparedness and Capacity Building Funding Window under the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF) to strengthen the fire services across the States of India.
- The total outlay of the scheme is Rs 5000 crore and out of this, Rs. 500 crore is kept for to incentivize the States on the basis of their legal and infrastructure-based reforms.
About Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA):
Union Minister– Amit Shah(Constituency- Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat)
Ministers of State– Nityanand Rai; Nisith Pramanik; Ajay Kumar Mishra
>> Read Full News
DGCA signed MoU with EASA for Unmanned Aircraft Systems & Innovative Air MobilityThe Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), aviation regulator of India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), aviation regulator of Europe, to enhance cooperation in the areas of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and innovative air mobility.
- The MoU focuses on cooperation in the areas of development of certification standards, environmental standards and related requirements for the certification and use of unmanned aircraft systems and innovative air mobility operations.
- This encloses aspects such as licensing of personnel, training, air traffic management and infrastructure, including the establishment of standards and services for Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management (UTM).
Significance of the MoU:
i. The MoU emphasises the significance of regular information sharing between DGCA and EAS on the technological developments and research in this area.
ii. It also encourages both authorities to collaborate on respective strategies for outreach to relevant stakeholders.
iii. To promote knowledge exchange and capacity building, it will facilitate joint conferences, workshops, training programs by DGCA and EASA in this area.
iv. The signing of this MoU is expected to result in significant impact on the standards and accelerated growth of the Indian Unmanned Aviation Sector.
Letter of Intent:
The partnership between DGCA and EASA, initiated with the signing of letter of intent (LoI) by the DGCA on UAS and Innovative Air Mobility with the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) during the European Union (EU)-India Aviation Summit held in New Delhi, Delhi on 20th April 2023.
About European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA):
Established in- 2002
Executive Director- Patrick Ky
Chair of the Management Board- Piotr Samson
Headquarters- Cologne, Germany
Indian Navy Conducts 7th Japan-India Maritime Exercise 2023 Indian Navy (IN) along with Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF)conducts the 7th edition of the bilateral Japan-India Maritime Exercise 2023 (JIMEX 23) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh from July 5 to 10, 2023. This edition marks the 11th anniversary of JIMEX, since its inception in 2012.
- JIMEX 23 provides an opportunity for the two navies to learn from each other’s best practices and facilitate operational interactions to foster mutual cooperation and reaffirm their shared commitment towards maritime security in the region.
- The exercise is a part of the growing maritime cooperation between India and Japan, which is aimed at promoting peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.
About Japan-India Maritime Exercise 2023 (JIMEX 23) :
The JIMEX 23 spans six days and consists of two phases.
i. Harbour Phase: The initial phase, known as the Harbour Phase, will take place in Visakhapatnam. During this phase, participants will engage in professional discussions, sporting events, and social interactions.
ii. Sea phase: This phase will be conducted on the open sea, enabling the two navies to collaborate and refine their warfighting capabilities. Through intricate multi-discipline operations in the surface, sub-surface, and air domains to enhance their interoperability.
Indian Navy (IN): The exercise saw the participation of Indian Naval Ship (INS) Delhi, India’s inaugural indigenously constructed guided missile destroyer, as well as INS Kamorta, a homegrown Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette. Additionally, fleet tanker INS Shakti, a submarine, maritime patrol aircraft P8I and Dornier, ship-borne helicopters, and fighter aircraft were also a part of the exercise.
Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF): JMSDF will be represented by the guided missile destroyer JS Samidare and its integral helicopters.
SALVEX: 7th Edition of IN-USN Salvage and EOD Exercise held in KeralaThe 7th edition of Indian Navy (IN) – the United States of America (USA) Navy (USN) Salvage and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) exercise, SALVEX was conducted from June 26 to July 6 2023 in Kochi, Kerala to strengthen US and Indian divers’ capability in diving and salvage techniques.
- The first-ever IN- USN SALVEX was conducted in 2005 and the SALVEX series of exercises have been conducted annually thereafter, alternately in Indian and US Pacific locations.
The exercise witnessed participation from both navies which included the vessels/Ships: Indian Naval Ship (INS) Nireekshak and US Naval Ship (USNS) Salvor, as well as Specialist Diving and EOD teams.
i. The Diving teams of both the countries shared maritime rescue experiences on Maritime Salvage and trained together in various facets of EOD Operations on land as well at sea over the course of 10 days.
ii. SALVEX also saw conduct of joint training exercises towards enhancing interoperability, cohesiveness and gaining from best practices mutually in Maritime Salvage and EOD operations.
iii. The constructive engagements on operational terms have improved the skill-sets of the diving teams in a number of different disciplines such as mine detection and neutralisation, wreck location and salvage.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI cancels licenses of Malkapur Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd & Shushruti Souharda Sahakara Bank NiyamitaOn July 5, 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the banking licenses of two co-operative banks viz. Malkapur Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd(Malkapur UCB) based in Buldhana, Maharashtra, and Shushruti Souharda Sahakara Bank Niyamita(SSS Bank) based in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- In this regard, these two co-operative banks ceased to carry on banking business as defined in Section 5(b) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949 with effect from July 5, 2023.
However, on liquidation, every depositor is entitled to receive a deposit insurance claim amount of his/her deposits up to Rs 5 lakh from the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), subject to the provisions of the DICGC Act, 1961.
i.As per the data submitted by the Malkapur UCB, 97.60% of the depositors are entitled to receive the full amount of their deposits from DICGC.
- DICGC has already paid Rs 496.98 crore of the total insured deposits under the provisions of Section 18A of the DICGC Act, 1961.
ii.As per the data submitted by the SSS Bank, 91.92% of the depositors are entitled to receive the full amount of their deposits from DICGC.
- As on May 31, 2023, DICGC has already paid Rs 54.16 crore of the total insured deposits.
Reasons behind the cancellation of licenses of both banks:
i.The banks do not have adequate capital and earning prospects which means they do not comply with the provisions of Section 11(1) and Section 22 (3) (d) read with Section 56 of the BR Act, 1949.
ii.They have failed to comply with the requirements of Sections 22(3) (a), 22 (3) (b), 22(3)(c), 22(3) (d) and 22(3)(e) read with Section 56 of the BR Act, 1949.
iii.The continuance of the banks are prejudicial to the interests of its depositors as they are unable to pay its present depositors in full.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors – Swaminathan Janakiraman, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
Establishment – 1st April 1935
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Flipkart with Axis Bank Launches Personal Loans to Attract New CustomersIn collaboration with Axis Bank, Flipkart, the leading e-commerce company in India, has introduced a personal loan service accessible through Flipkart’s app. This loan facility allows individuals to obtain up to Rs 5 lakh, with a remarkable approval time of just 30 seconds and eliminates the need for document submission.
- By offering personal loans, Flipkart is hoping to attract new customers who may be unable to afford large purchases outright.
- Expanding on the financing options available to customers alleviates the immediate burden of large purchases, encouraging higher transaction volumes and fostering customer loyalty & trust
Other services :
i. In addition to personal loans, Flipkart also offers a “buy now, pay later” option, EMI payments, and a co-branded credit card.
- This move gives Flipkart a competitive advantage in the long run, as more and more Indians turn to online shopping and financial services.
About Axis Bank:
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Amitabh Chaudhry
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Established in – 1993 (begun operations in 1994)
Tagline – Badhti ka Naam Zindagi
Chief executive Officer (CEO) – Kalyan Krishnamurthy
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Established in – 2007
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2023: India and ASEAN top recipients of FDIAccording to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)’s “World Investment Report 2023(WIR 2023): Investing in Sustainable Energy for All”, Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) in Asia’s developing countries remained unchanged at USD 662 billion and India and Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) were the top recipients, with an increase of 10% and 5% respectively. Asia accounted for more than 50% of the global FDI.
- The FDI increase in developing countries was unevenly shared and much of the growth was concentrated in a few large emerging economies.
About United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD):
UNCTAD is an intergovernmental organization which promotes the interests of developing countries in world trade.
Secretary-General– Rebeca Grynspan
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
>> Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
AIFF Awards 2022-23: Lallianzuala Chhangte, Manisha Kalyan named Footballers of the YearOn 4th July 2023, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) announced the winners of AIFF annual awards for the season 2022-23.Lallianzuala Chhangte, an Indian Men’s Football Player from Mizoram, was named the AIFF Men’s Footballer of the year 2022-2023 for the first time and Manisha Kalyan, an Indian Women’s Football Player from Punjab, was named AIFF Women’s Footballer of the Year 2022-23 for the 2nd time.
- Previously, Manisha Kalyan won the award for the 2021-22 season. She became only the third Indian female footballer to win the individual award two or more times after Bala Devi (three) and Bembem Devi (two).
- Lallianzuala Chhangte became the second player from Mizoram, after Jeje Lalpekhlua (2016), to win the AIFF Men’s Player of the Year award.
About Lallianzuala Chhangte:
i. Lallianzuala Chhangte (26 years old) plays for the Indian National football team as winger and represents Mumbai City Football Club(FC) in the Indian Super League (ISL).
ii. During the international season 2022-2023, he represented India in 12 matches and scored 2 goals and provided assists for 1.
iii. He was a part of the Indian team that won the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Championship 2023 held at Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore, Karnataka.
iv. He scored 18 goals and provided 9 assists in a total of 32 matches across all competitions in the last season. This included 16 goal contributions (10 goals, six assists) for Mumbai City FC in ISL.
v.He scored two goals and provided an assist in the Hero International Cup 2023, and was awarded with the Man of the Match in the final against Lebanon.
Note:Previously, he won the Footballer Players Association of India (FPAI) Player of the award for 2022-23 season.
About Manisha Kalyan:
i. She plays as a Forward for Apollon, a first-division football club in Cyprus and the India women’s national team.
ii. She became the first ever Indian to play in the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Women’s Champions League 2022.
iii. In her 17 league appearances for Cypriot First Division club Apollon, she scored 6 goals and aided the team to win the Cypriot First Division title along with the Cypriot Women’s Cup title.
Winners of AIFF Awards 2022-2023:
|AIFF Awards 2022-23||Winners|
|AIFF Men’s Footballer of the year 2022-23||Lallianzuala Chhangte|
|AIFF Women’s Footballer of the year 2022-23||Manisha Kalyan|
|AIFF Men’s Emerging Player of the year 2022-23||Akash Mishra|
|AIFF Women’s Emerging Player of the year 2022-23||Shilji Shaji|
|AIFF’s Men’s Coach of the Year 2022-23||Clifford Miranda|
|AIFF’sWomen’s Coach of the Year 2022-23||Priya Parathi Valappil|
MoHFW won Kreta Vikreta Gaurav Samman Samaroh 2023 award
On 26th June 2023, the Department of Health and Family Welfare under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) received the winner of Kreta Vikreta Gaurav Samman Samaroh, 2023 in Highest Single-Bid Procurements in the 2022-23 fiscal category.
- The event was organised by Government e-Marketplace (GeM) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry at Vanijya Bhawan New Delhi, Delhi.
- Rajiv Wadhawan, Advisor, Department of Health and Family Welfare, MoHFW received the award from Piyush Goyal, Minister of Textiles, Commerce and Industry.
- MoHFW has taken the lead in achieving the Government of India’s (GOI) Make in India and obtaining through the GeM.
Note: These awards aim to celebrate those who share the vision of a transparent, inclusive and efficient public procurement landscape in India.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Ariane-5 rocket launched 2 satellites successfully on its final and 117th missionOn 5th July 2023, the 117th and final launch of Ariane 5, a 53 metre tall, three-stage launcher was successfully blasted off from Europe’s Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana toward geostationary orbit to deliver two military communications satellites namely Syracuse 4B for the France and the Heinrich Hertz (H2Sat) for the German Governments.
- Ariane 5, a European heavy-lift space launch vehicle first launched in 1996 has 27 years of experience with this final launch mission.
- Of Ariane 5’s 117 missions and 239 payloads delivered to orbit, the launch vehicle has performed at a 96% success rate.
Note: Ariane 5, failed to reach orbit on its first launch, initiating an auto-destruct abort after 40 seconds.
Heinrich-Hertz is an experimental communications satellite that will test new hardware and serve as a test platform for university and public sector scientific and technical experiments.
i. The HM7B, a European cryogenic rocket engine which currently powers the upper stage first flew in Ariane 1 also joined the recent Ariane 5 launch, and both are in its final space venture.
ii. This upper stage is an icon to Ariane launches as it helped power 228 missions in the past without fail.
iii. Ariane 5 took part in several launch milestones including the James Webb Telescope in 2021, in partnership with National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the Canadian Space Agency, as well as Europe’s comet-chasing Rosetta mission, which deployed a landing probe in 2014.
FIH Hockey Pro League 2022-23: Netherlands Men’s Team won the Title for 2nd Time
On 4th July 2023, The Netherlands men’s hockey team won the 4th edition of Fédération Internationale de Hockey(FIH) Hockey Pro League 2022-23 by defeating Belgium in the finals held in Antwerp, Belgium.
- The Netherlands Men’s become the first team in the men’s competition to win the title twice. They won their 1st title in the 2021-2022 season.
- With the win, the Netherlands also become the first nation to win both the men’s and women’s FIH Hockey Pro League titles in the same season (2022-2023).
Note: The Indian men’s hockey team finished fourth position in the FIH Hockey Pro League 2022-23 with 30 points from 16 matches.
Netherlands won the 4th edition of Women’s FIH Hockey Pro League 2022-2023:
On 27th June 2023, Netherlands Women’s Hockey team won the 4th edition of the FIH Hockey Pro League 2022-23 title by defeating New Zealand in Wagener Hockey Stadium, Amstelveen, The Netherlands.
This marks Netherlands women’s 3rd title in FIH Hockey Pro League. So far, they have won 3 of the 4 women’s FIH Hockey Pro League titles.
>> Read Full News
Bangladesh Cricketer Tamim Iqbal retires from International Cricket
On 6th July 2023, Bangladesh One Day International (ODI) Captain Tamim Iqbal (aged 34) announced his retirement from international cricket after 16 years of his journey in cricket.His last game was on 5th July 2023, against Afghanistan in Chattogram, Bangladesh.
- Tamim Iqbal is the third-highest run-scorer as of July 2023, after only Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, with 8,313 runs in 241 games, including 14 hundreds.
- He is the highest ODI run scorer for Bangladesh (8313 runs) and scored 14 centuries which is highest among Bangladesh players.
- He made his international debut in a 2007 ODI against Zimbabwe in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Note: He has reversed his decision of retirement from international cricket (8 July 2023).
World Zoonoses Day 2023 – July 6 World Zoonoses Day is annually observed across the globe on 6th July to raise awareness about Zoonosis or zoonotic disease, an infectious disease that can spread between species, from animals to humans or vice versa.
- The day commemorates the anniversary of the day that Louis Pasteur, a French biologist, successfully administered the first vaccine against rabies, a zoonotic disease on 6th July 1885.
About World Health Organization (WHO):
Founded in- 1948
Director-General- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland
>> Read Full News
Odisha Government launches Mo Jungle Jami Yojana for forest DwellersThe Odisha Government launches ‘Mo Jungle Jami Yojana’ (My Forestland Scheme) with the aim to recognise all rights under the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights Act)(FRA), 2006 in the next two years.
i.Under Mo Jungle Jami Yojana scheme, Forest Rights Cells will be constituted at the tehsil and district level for the implementation of FRA, 2006.
ii. Mo Jungle Jami Yojana Scheme benefits all eligible tribal peoples, primarily single women and Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) get land titles and record corrections are made for 100% title holders.
FRA Act 2006:
The Forest Rights Act (FRA) of 2006 recognises the rights of forest living tribal communities and other traditional forest dwellers to forest resources on which these communities depend for a range of requirements such as livelihood, habitation, and other socio-cultural needs.
Rights of tribal people as per FRA:
Odisha is one of the leading States in implementation of FRA with distribution of 4.56 lakhs of individual forest right (IFR) titles in the country as of July 2023.
- The Individual forest right (IFR) titles are given to the tribal individual for the land they have been cultivating for generations.
- Community Forest Rights (CFR) allows tribal communities to use and manage forest resources to achieve the objectives of conservation and regeneration.
Odisha’s Tribe profile:
i.Odisha is ranked third in terms of tribal population(9,590,756) as per the 2011 census. Odisha houses around 62 types of tribes including 13 PVTGs.
ii.Tribal population of Odisha consititutes about 22.85% of its total population, residing in 53,845 villages of which 32,562 villages are FRA potential villages.
- Odisha’s estimated potential forest area over which forest rights can be recognised is 35,739 square kilometres.
Chief Minister- Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
wildlife sanctuaries – Debrigarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Hadagarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Sunabeda Wildlife Sanctuary
J&K launched India’s First Tele-MANAS Chatbot for People in Mental Distress
On 5th July 2023, Manoj Sinha, Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) launched India’s first Tele Mental Health Assistance and Networking Across States (MANAS) chatbot in the Union Territory (UT) to enhance mental health support for distressed people by initiating an instant conversation with those who are in need.
- The 2-tier system comprises State Tele-MANAS cells, which includes trained counsellors and mental health specialists in Tier 1 and specialists at District Mental Health Programme (DMHP)/Medical College resources for physical consultation and/or eSanjeevani for audio visual consultation in Tier 2.
- J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha, who inaugurated the ‘J&K Health Conclave’ on Mental Health and Non-Communicable Diseases at Srinagar,J&K.
- The initiative will ensure round the clock services of health counsellors, clinical psychologists and consultants.
TN Police launched “Pengal Pathukaaptu Thittam” for Women Traveling Alone at Night
Tamil Nadu (TN) Police launched a new scheme “Pengal Pathukaaptu Thittam” (Women safety scheme) to ensure the safety of the women travelling alone at night (between 10 pm and 7 am).
- Under this scheme, the women travelling alone can avail of free drop facility in a patrol vehicle in case they feel unsafe.
- The women can use the helpline 1091, 112, 044-23452365 and 044-28447701 to avail the police patrol vehicle.
- The scheme will be in operation on all day of the week.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 7 July 2023|
|1||Cabinet approves draft Digital Personal Data Protection (DPDP) Bill, 2022|
|2||MHA launched Scheme for Expansion and Modernization of Fire Services in the States with outlay of Rs 5000 crore|
|3||DGCA signed MoU with EASA for Unmanned Aircraft Systems & Innovative Air Mobility|
|4||Indian Navy Conducts 7th Japan-India Maritime Exercise 2023|
|5||SALVEX: 7th Edition of IN-USN Salvage and EOD Exercise held in Kerala|
|6||RBI cancels licenses of Malkapur Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd & Shushruti Souharda Sahakara Bank Niyamita|
|7||Flipkart with Axis Bank Launches Personal Loans to Attract New Customers|
|8||UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2023: India and Asean top recipients of FDI|
|9||AIFF Awards 2022-23: Lallianzuala Chhangte, Manisha Kalyan named Footballers of the Year|
|10||MoHFW won Kreta Vikreta Gaurav Samman Samaroh 2023 award|
|11||Ariane-5 rocket launched 2 satellites successfully on its final and 117th mission|
|12||FIH Hockey Pro League 2022-23: Netherlands Men’s team won the title for 2nd time|
|13||Bangladesh Cricketer Tamim Iqbal retires from International Cricket|
|14||World Zoonoses Day 2023 – July 6|
|15||Odisha Government launches Mo Jungle Jami Yojana for forest Dwellers|
|16||J&K launched India’s first Tele-MANAS chatbot for people in mental distress|
|17||TN Police launched “Pengal Pathukaaptu Thittam” for Women Traveling Alone at Night|