We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 6 October 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs October 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
MoU signed between DA&FW and NAFED to promoted Millet based Products On October 4, 2022, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (DA&FW) and the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) in New Delhi (Delhi).
- Under this MoU, both entities will raise awareness and promote Millet based products, on the sidelines of International Year of Millets (IYOM)-2023 celebrations proposed by the Government of India to the United Nations (UN).
- DA&FW works under the aegis of the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW).
Shubha Thakur, Joint Secretary (Crops) DA&FW; and Rajbir Singh Panwar, Managing Director, NAFED
i.Both entities will build support, organize, promote, market, and forge effective market linkages for millet-based products to maximize millet-based commodities across India.
ii.They will also collaborate in areas like facilitating advisory support to manufacturers of millet-based products to develop value-added millet-based commodities; on-boarding of start-ups, inclusive of start-ups empaneled with Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR); formation of FPOs (Food Processing Organizations) specifically for developing a range of millet-based products; promote and market millet-based products through the network of NAFED Bazaar Stores and other institutions linked with NAFED; installation of Millet based Vending Machines at various locations across Delhi-NCR; and dispensing millet-based products.
On 5 March 2021, during the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), India’s initiative to promote millets was supported by 72 other countries, and declared 2023 as the International Year of the Millets.
- In 2018, the Indian Central government also notified millets as nutri-cereals and included them under the POSHAN (Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition) Mission Abhiyan.
About National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED):
Chairman– Dr. Bijender Singh
Headquarter– New Delhi, Delhi
Digital India Conference of State IT Ministers Held Along with Launch of 5GThe “Digital India Conference of State IT Ministers” was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and took place in New Delhi, Delhi from October 1 to 3, 2022, under the chairmanship of Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- The conference featured the national launch of 5G, exhibitions, and the unveiling of various 5G use cases in education, health, worker safety, smart agriculture, etc.,
- Along with this conference, the 6th India Mobile Congress 2022 (IMC 2022) was also convened.
The Government of India (GoI) has allocated an amount of Rs. 26,000 crore for the installation of 25,000 mobile towers in 500 days.
The GoI has approved amendments to certain provisions in the Policy Guidelines on the Expansion of FM Radio Broadcasting Services via Private Agencies (Phase-III), also known as the Private FM Phase-III Policy Guidelines.
About Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY):
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya Sabha – Odisha)
Minister of State (MoS) – Rajeev Chandrasekhar
>> Read Full News
‘SRS – Statistical Report 2020’: Female IMR in India Falls to The Same Level as Male IMR
According to the “Sample Registration System (SRS)-Statistical Report 2020” issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs’ Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India (ORGI), the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) for males and females in India finally equalized in 2020.
IMRs by Sex and Residence, India and Bigger States/UTs, 2020
|India and bigger States/UTs||Total||Rural||Urban|
- IMR for female babies continued to be higher than for male babies in 16 states, but the difference had narrowed since 2011.
- The IMR is the number of infant deaths for every 1,000 live births.
IMR at the National Level & a Comparison of IMR in Urban and Rural Areas
i.At the National Level, the IMR has decreased by 9 points from 37 in 2015 and by 2 points from 30 in 2019 to 28 in 2020.
- Madhya Pradesh (43) has the highest IMR, while Kerala has the lowest (6).
- Between 2015-20, there was a decline of IMR in both genders.
ii.As a result, Rural IMR has decreased by 10 points from 41 in 2015 to 31 in 2020, whereas Urban IMR has decreased by 6 points from 25 in 2015 to 19 in 2020.
- The rural IMR was higher than the urban IMR in every state.
- In 2011, the disparity between male and female IMR was higher in urban regions in many states, including Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, and Haryana, a trend reversed in 2020.
Performance of Indian States in IMR
i.Except for Uttarakhand, where the two rates were equivalent in 2011, all states had higher IMR for female babies than males.
ii.According to the SRS Statistical Report 2020, the IMR is equal for both boys and girls in five states and the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi, but lower for females in 8 states.
iii.In 2020, Chhattisgarh had the largest disparity, with a male IMR of 35 and a female IMR of 41.
- Despite the fact that average IMR in Chhattisgarh declined from 48 to 38, it is one of the few states where the disparity between male and female IMR rose between 2011 and 2020.
iv.The IMR disparity between males and females also widened in Bihar, Assam, and Karnataka.
v.According to United Nations data for 2020, India was the only country with nearly equal male and female IMR among countries with IMRs above 20.
Kerala’s Pullampara Becomes the First Fully Digital Literate Panchayat in India
The Pullampara Panchayat in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has become the first fully digital literate panchayat in India.
- This was achieved through the ‘DigiPullampara’ project, under which around 3,300 residents between the age group of 14 and 65 were given digital education.
About DigiPullampara project:
i.This was a year-long grass root level project, launched in August 2021 for providing training to the residents of Pullampara using android mobile phones.
ii.The program was technically supported by the Kerala Technical University (KTU), volunteers from Kudumbashree groups and students from National Service Scheme (NSS) units of 5 engineering colleges.
- The trainees were taught to use smartphone features such as downloading pictures, use of Whatsapp, make a voice call or video call, and were introduced to Facebook and YouTube. They were also trained to check their account balance using internet banking.
The project was initiated by a five-member core team led by panchayat president P.V. Rajesh and its members are district women welfare officer Sajina Sathar, MGNREGS district engineer Dinesh Pappen, KAS trainee Sanob S. and technical education department employee Shamnad.
Kerala was the 1st Indian state to attain 100% literacy and make the internet a basic human right.
In 2019 the Kerala government launched Kerala Fibre Optic Network (KFON), that received Internet Service Provider (ISP) licence from the Department of Telecommunications in July 2022 for providing free internet access to each and every household.
Amit Shah Announces ST Status for Pahari Community in J&K
On 4th October 2022 Union Home Minister Amit Shah announced Scheduled Tribe (ST) status for the Pahari community in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) at a rally in Rajouri, J&K.
- The community will get ST reservation benefits after the completion of the administrative process.
- In January 2020, Pahari community was given 4 percent quota in Other Backward Class (OBC) category.
i.Background – Justice GD Sharma Commission recommended reservation for Paharis, Gujjars and Bakerwals.
ii.The reservation was provided after Article 370 and Article 35A was repealed in august 2019.
Note – The Gujjars and Bakerwals were granted ST status in 1991.
About Pahari community:
i.The Pahari community is a linguistic group that constitutes Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs and is spread around 10 to 11 percent of the population in J&K.
ii.They are mostly concentrated in the mountainous regions of Poonch-Rajouri, Mirpur; Pir Panjal valley and also in some parts of Kashmir Valley including Baramulla, Kupwara and Uri.
About Jammu and Kashmir (J&K):
Lieutenant Governor – Manoj Sinha
National parks – Dachigam National Park, Kishtwar National Park
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Baltal-Thajiwas Wildlife Sanctuary, Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
Defence Ministry approves renaming of Faizabad Cantt as Ayodhya Cantt
Union Ministry of Defence Rajnath Singh approved the proposal to change the name of Faizabad Cantonment (Cantt) to Ayodhya Cantt in Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- In October 2021, the Government of UP following the Centre’s nod announced the renaming of Faizabad railway junction as Ayodhya Cantt. Chief Minister (CM), Yogi Adityanath approved the change of name.
- In November 2018, the UP government changed the name of Faizabad district to Ayodhya.
- In October 2018, the Government of UP also changed the name of Allahabad to Prayagraj.
- In June 2018, Mughalsarai railway junction was renamed as Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction.
RPF undertook many focused operations during the month of September 2022
To fulfil the Railway Protection Force’s (RPF) pledge of “Seva Hi Sankalp”, the month-long drive code-named SAMSAR (SAMAJIK SAROKAR).The drive consists of elements of several major operations like Operation “SEWA”, Operation “Dignity”, Operation “Nanhe Fariste”, Mission “Jeewan Raksha” and Operation “Matrishakti” were conducted in September 2022.
- Around 9000 passengers in need of help were assisted during the train journey of RPF in the month of September 2022.
- RPF officers worked selflessly to provide timely intervention under the code name “Operation Dignity” and secured 427 adults (223 Men + 204 Women).
- In the month of September 2022, 1119 children were rescued under the code name, “Operation Nanhe Fariste” RPF officers undertake the noble cause of identifying and rescuing children in need of care & protection.
- Under mission “Jeevan Raksha” RPF personnel saved 115 (72 Male + 43 Female); under “Operation Matrishakti”, RPF provided assistance to 32 women passengers.
Highlights of Visit of External Affairs Minister S.Jaishankar visit to USA; Attended 77th UNGAi.On September 18-28, 2022, Indian Union Minister Subrahmanyam (S.) Jaishankar, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) was on a 10-day visit to the United States of America (USA) to strengthen the cooperation on regional and global issues to further enhance the India-US strategic partnership.
ii.He led the India delegation, and represented India for the High Level Week at the 77th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 77) at the UN Headquarters in New York. The theme of 77th UNGA was ‘A Watershed Moment: Transformative Solutions to Interlocking Challenges‘.
iii.On the sidelines of UNGA, the foreign ministers of India (S.Jaishankar), United States (Anthony Blinken), Japan (Yoshimasa Hayashi), and Australia (Penny Wong) hold their first meeting during which they reaffirmed their partnership, especially in the Indo-Pacific.
iv.EAM attended the High Level Meeting of the L.69 Group on ‘Reinvigorating Multilateralism and Achieving Comprehensive Reform of the UN Security Council’ which was also held in New York.
About United States (US):
President– Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
Capital– Washington, D.C.
Currency– US Dollar
>> Read Full News
IFC Launches Financing Platform to Respond to Global Food CrisisThe International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Bank’s private sector investment arm, has launched a new financing facility worth USD 6 billion to strengthen the private sector’s ability to respond to the global food crisis and to support food production.
i.The core part of financing is provided through the new Global Food Security Platform that will facilitate trade of food commodities, delivery of inputs to farmers, and support efficient food production to those countries that are under food crisis.
ii.This will also focus on long-term actions to improve the resilience in the food ecosystem and reduce its climate and ecological footprint.
- The long-term actions include investing in increasing efficient crop production, improving access to fertilisers, greening fertiliser production and use, reducing crop loss and food waste, improving supply chain efficiency and mitigating infrastructure bottlenecks.
iii.This will leverage IFC’s sectoral expertise in the field of agribusiness, manufacturing, infrastructure, technology and trade finance.
iv.IFC also collaborates with other development finance institutions, foundations and banks for collective action against the challenges faced in food security.
Note – The platform will supplement the World Bank’s commitment of USD 30 billion in response to the food crisis.
Cause of food crisis:
The main causes of the food crisis were the war in Ukraine and an uneven global recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. This had raised the levels of hunger and malnourishment which were already worsened due to climate change.
BANKING & FINANCE
NPCI & Central Bank of Oman Sign MoU to Launch India’s Rupay Debit Card in OmanThe National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and the Central Bank of Oman (CBO) have inked a significant Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to launch the Rupay debit card in Oman, paving way in a new era of financial connectivity.
- The proposal comes after India and Oman agreed to expand the Indian digital payment ecosystem to the Gulf region.
i.The MoU will set the stage for Indian RuPay cards and the UPI platform in Oman to facilitate seamless digital remittances, which will benefit Indian workers and professionals.
ii.According to the most recent NPCI data, UPI transactions increased by over 3% to Rs. 678 crore in September 2022 from Rs. 657 crore in August 2022.
iii.The amount of trade between India and Oman is increasing, with total trade reaching around USD 10 billion in FY 2021–22.
About Sultanate of Oman:
Sultan of Oman – Sultan Haitham bin Tarik
Capital – Muscat
>> Read Full News
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Adani Enterprises announces the establishment of 2 New SubsidiariesAdani Enterprises Limited, the flagship company of the Adani Group has announced the establishment of 2 new Subsidiaries. They are Adani Disruptive Ventures Limited (ADVL) (wholly-owned subsidiary) and Alwar Alluvial Resources Limited (AARL).
i. The mission of ADVL is to partner with businesses and entrepreneurs who are looking to create solutions through disruptive technology and help them increase their ventures.
ii. According to Adani Enterprises’ disclosure, ADVL has an initial authorised and paid-up share capital of Rs 5 lakh each and AARL, another subsidiary of Adani Enterprise has an initial authorised and paid-up share capital of Rs 10 lakh each.
iii. AARL will take over the manufacturing and processing of minerals, the production of pigments and TiO2 slag (Titanium dioxide slag), and other incidental activities related to these.
About Adani Enterprises Limited:
Chairman- Gautam Adani
Head Office- Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Google to build its 1st cloud region in Greece
Alphabet Inc’s Google will set up its 1st cloud region in Greece. A cloud region usually is based around a cluster of data centres.
- The investment would enable organisations to better use their data, help improve low latency and ensure users’ security in the face of cybersecurity threats.
- The deal is estimated to contribute some 2.2 billion euros (USD 2.13 billion) to Greece’s economic output and create 20,000 jobs by 2030.
- It was announced by Adaire Fox-Martin, President of Google Cloud International at an event in Athens, Greece.
- In 2021, Amazon Inc’s cloud computing division also opened its first office in Greece.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
FIH Confers India’s Mumtaz Khan with FIH Rising Star of the Year 2021-22 AwardThe Federation Internationale de Hockey (FIH), conferred India’s Mumtaz Khan (Lucknow), with the FIH Rising Star of the Year 2021-22 award in the women’s category.
- Timothee Clement of France was conferred with Rising Star of the Year 2021-22 award in men’s category.
About Mumtaz Khan:
i.Mumtaz Khan was the best performer for India in the FIH Junior Women’s World Cup 2022, by scoring 6 out of 8 goals and finished 3rd place in the list of top scorers in the World Cup 2022.
ii.She was also a part of the Indian team that played in then Hero FIH Hockey5s Lausanne 2022 , where she scored 5 goals in 4 games.
About Federation Internationale de Hockey(FIH):
President –Mr. Seif EL DINE AHMED
Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland
Former German chancellor Angela Merkel wins UN refugee agency prizeFormer German chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel won the 2022 United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nansen Refugee Award for providing asylum to more than 1.2 million refugees and asylum seekers in 2015 and 2016 during the Syrian crisis.
- The year 2022 marked a century (100 years) since Fridtjof Nansen, the first High Commissioner for Refugees was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1922.
- It is also 100 years since the creation of the Nansen passport, an identity document for refugees that enabled its holders to move across borders in search of work.
i.The award along with the prizemoney worth USD 150,000 will be presented in Geneva, Switzerland on 10 October 2022.
ii.It recognizes leadership, courage and compassion in ensuring the protection of hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people.
iii.The UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award selection committee also honoured four regional winners for 2022-
- The Mbera Fire Brigade from Africa.
- Vicenta Gonzalez from United States of America (USA)
- Meikswe Myanmar from Myanmar (Asia and Pacific)
- Dr. Nagham Hasan from Iraq (Middle East and North Africa)
About UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award:
i.It is the annual award established in 1954, named after the Norwegian explorer, scientist, diplomat and humanitarian Fridtjof Nansen.
- He was awarded the 1922 Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to repatriate prisoners of war and to protect millions of refugees of the Romanov, Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empires.
ii.The award is given to an individual, group or organization who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to protect refugees, internally displaced or stateless people.
About United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR):
11th United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees – Filippo Grandi .
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Former Brigadier BD Mishra takes additional charge as Meghalaya GovernorOn October 4, 2022, Former Brigadier of Indian Army B D Mishra took additional charge as the Governor of Meghalaya’s at a function at the Durbar Hall of Raj Bhavan in Shillong. He will succeed Satya Pal Malik whose tenure ends on October 3, 2022.
- The oath for the same was administered by Acting Chief Justice of Meghalaya Justice Hamarsan Singh Thangkhiew.
- He has been serving as the Arunachal Pradesh governor since 2017.
i.Hailing from Uttar Pradesh (UP), Brigadier BD Mishra is a war veteran, who served the Indian Army in three major wars in 1962 (Sino-Indian War), 1965 and 1971 (Bangladesh Liberation War).
ii.He retired, after an army career of over 33 years 7 months, from the National Security Guard (NSG) on July 31, 1995.
Sanjeev Kishore takes over as Director General OrdnanceSanjeev Kishore, a 1985 batch officer of the Indian Ordnance Factory Service (IOFS) has taken over as the Director General Ordnance at the Directorate of Ordnance (Coordination & Services) (DGO [C &S]), Kolkata, West Bengal under the Department of Defence Production(DDP), Ministry of Defence with effect from 1st October 2022 upon the superannuation of Shri M K Garg.
About Sanjeev Kishore:
i. Sanjeev Kishore was the Additional Director of General Ordnance at the Directorate of Ordnance (C&S), Kolkata, before taking over charge of DGO (C&S).
ii. He was also the 1st Chief Managing Director (CMD) of Armoured Vehicles Nigam Ltd (AVNL), one of the 7 new Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) formed by the Government of India in 2021.
iii. Before the position of CMD of AVNL, Sanjeev Kishore was posted as the Senior General Manager of Heavy Vehicles Factory (HVF) Avadi (Chennai), Tamil Nadu and General Manager of Opto Electronics Factory (OLF), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
iv. He has served in diverse roles and varied technological environments and has been awarded Santu Sahaney Memorial Shield and Ayudh Bhushan Award for his meritorious services in enhancing defence production.
About the Department of Defence Production (DDP):
Defence Minister- Rajnath Singh
Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
Fire-Boltt appointed Kiara Advani as New Brand Ambassador
Fire-Boltt, India’s No.1 wearable watch brand has appointed Kiara Advani, an Indian actress and model as its new Brand Ambassador.
- Kiara Advani will be a part of the marketing campaigns of the brand alongside cricketing icon, Virat Kohli and Indian actor, Vicky Kaushal.
- She will participate in different marketing, ad, and endorsement campaigns for the homegrown brand, which as per Counterpoint research is at the no.1 spot for the smartwatches segment in India.
- Kiara Advani made her debut as an actress with a box-office flop named ‘Fugly’ (2014) and rose to fame with ‘M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016) where she played the role of M. S. Dhoni’s wife.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI approves amalgamation of ZEEL, BEPL with Culver Max EntertainmentOn 4 October 2022, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the amalgamation of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEE) and Bangla Entertainment Private Limited (BEPL) with Culver Max Entertainment Private Limited (CME) earlier known as Sony Pictures Network India Pvt Ltd. (SPNI), a part of Sony Group with modification.
- The proposed combination is in the nature of an acquisition and amalgamation falls under Section 5(a) and 5(c) of the Competition Act, 2002.
i.The CCI approved the proposed combination subject to the modifications proposed by the parties, under Regulation 25(1) of the Competition Commission of India (Procedure in regard to the transaction of business relating to combinations) Regulations, 2011.
ii.The proposed combination is related to-
- Amalgamation of each of ZEE and BEPL with and into CME
- Preferential allotment of certain shares by CME to Sunbright International Holdings Limited (earlier known as Essel Holdings Limited), and Sunbright Mauritius Investments Limited.
About the companies:
i.CME is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Group Corporation (SGC).
- It has several General Entertainment Channels (GEC), film, sports and kids’ entertainment channels in India.
- SonyLIV is CME’s digital entertainment video service which provides OTT (Over The Top) services in India and international markets.
ii.BEPL is also an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of the SGC Group and engaged in the acquisition of rights for motion pictures, events and other TV content; generating advertising revenue from the telecast of TV content.
iii.ZEE is a media and entertainment company. ZEE5 is ZEE’s digital entertainment video service which provides OTT services in India and international markets.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Scientists of ICAR-NBFGR Discovers New Catfish Species – Pangasius IcariaScientists at the National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources (NBFGR) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) have discovered a new catfish species of the genus Pangasius, named Pangasius Icaria from mettur dam, Salem, Tamil Nadu (TN).
- It was discovered by a group of scientists from NBFGR led by Kuldeep K. Lal, director of the Fish Genetics Resources Centre under ICAR.
About the species:
i.The fish is known among the local people as Aie Keluthi in Tamil and as Eyegirlu in Karnataka.
ii.The new species is different from others in its widely placed, small rounded vomerine (a thin, flat bone forming the inferior part of the nasal septum), palatine tooth plates, and mandibular barbels (sensory organs).
iii.A total of 22 species of Pangasius are known from the river basins of South East and South Asia.
- Until 2017 there was only one species discovered from South Asia in the Nagarjuna Sagar in River Krishna which is named as Pangasius Silasi.
- The holotype of this new species is registered at the National Fish Museum and Repository of the ICAR-NBFGR, Lucknow.
i.The researchers have used extensive morphological analysis, skeleton radiography, and advanced molecular markers combined with species delimitation computational techniques for this discovery.
- This has been described based on specimens collected through exploration of the river at Mettur dam in TN and upstream of shivanasamudra falls at Chamarajanagar, Karnataka.
ii.The name of the new species is registered in ZooBank, the online registration system for the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN) and published in the international journal PeerJ.
Iran launched test ”tug” into suborbital space
Iran launched a space tug, which is capable of shifting satellites between orbits.The Saman test spacecraft was built by Iran’s Space Research Center and launched by the Defense Ministry of Iran.
- A space tug is a type of spacecraft used to transfer spaceborne cargo from one orbit to another orbit with different energy characteristics.
- Iran unveiled the Saman test spacecraft in 2017. A space tug can transfer a satellite from one orbit to another.
- In June 2022, Iran launched a solid-fuel rocket into space.
- In August 2022, Iranian Khayyam satellite into orbit was launched by Russia. It was named after Omar Khayyam, a Persian scientist who lived in the 11th and 12th centuries.
Saudi Arabia to host 2029 Asian Winter Games in New Ski Resort
On 4th October 2022, the 41st Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) General Assembly has chosen Saudi Arabia to host the 2029 Asian Winter Game at a planned mountain resort, Trojena under the country’s USD 500 billion Neom futuristic megacity project.
i. Trojena, a part of the Neom project will be the 1st West Asian city to host the Asian Winter Games.
ii. Neom is the most ambitious project of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman under the Kingdom’s vision 2030 development plan to reduce reliance on oil and transform the economy, by developing sports.
iii. Trojena is a region described as an area of about 60 square kilometres at altitudes ranging from 1,500 to 2,600 meters.
iv. Saudi Arabia also will host the Asian Games in 2034 in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), while a campaign to host the 2030 Football (soccer’s) World Cup is expected with an unusual 3-continent bid including Egypt and Greece.
Note: In the announcement of OCA, it is mentioned that the deserts & mountains of Saudi Arabia will soon be a playground for Winter sports.
About Saudi Arabia (Monarchy):
Prime Minister- Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Currency- Saudi riyal
World Teachers’ Day 2022 – October 5The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s World Teachers’ Day (WTD) is annually observed across the globe on October 5 to celebrate and honour teachers for their contributions to their students.
i. The theme of World Teachers’ Day 2022 is “The Transformation of Education begins with Teachers”.
ii. The International Labor Organisation (ILO) and UNESCO signed a recommendation concerning the ‘Status of Teachers’ and adopted it on 5th October 1966 at a special intergovernmental conference convened by UNESCO in Paris, France.
iii. UNESCO declared 5th October as World Teachers’ Day in 1994 on celebrating the great step made for teachers in 1966. The 1st World Teachers’ Day was observed on 5th October 1994.
About the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO):
Director-General- Audrey Azoulay
Headquarters- Paris, France.
>> Read Full News
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 6 October 2022|
|1||MoU signed between DA&FW and NAFED to promoted Millet based Products|
|2||Digital India Conference of State IT Ministers Held Along with Launch of 5G|
|3||‘SRS – Statistical Report 2020’: Female IMR in India Falls to The Same Level as Male IMR|
|4||Kerala’s Pullampara Becomes the First Fully Digital Literate Panchayat in India|
|5||Amit Shah Announces ST Status for Pahari Community in J&K|
|6||Defence Ministry approves renaming of Faizabad Cantt as Ayodhya Cantt|
|7||RPF undertook many focused operations during the month of September 2022|
|8||Highlights of Visit of External Affairs Minister S.Jaishankar visit to USA; Attended 77th UNGA|
|9||IFC Launches Financing Platform to Respond to Global Food Crisis|
|10||NPCI & Central Bank of Oman Sign MoU to Launch India’s Rupay Debit Card in Oman|
|11||Adani Enterprises announces the establishment of 2 New Subsidiaries|
|12||Google to build its 1st cloud region in Greece|
|13||FIH Confers India’s Mumtaz Khan with FIH Rising Star of the Year 2021-22 Award|
|14||Former German chancellor Angela Merkel wins UN refugee agency prize|
|15||Former Brigadier BD Mishra takes additional charge as Meghalaya Governor|
|16||Sanjeev Kishore takes over as Director General Ordnance|
|17||Fire-Boltt appointed Kiara Advani as New Brand Ambassador|
|18||CCI approves amalgamation of ZEEL, BEPL with Culver Max Entertainment|
|19||Scientists of ICAR-NBFGR Discovers New Catfish Species – Pangasius Icaria|
|20||Iran launched test ”tug” into suborbital space|
|21||Saudi Arabia to host 2029 Asian Winter Games in New Ski Resort|
|22||World Teachers’ Day 2022 – October 5|