We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 3 May 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs January 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
MoPSW to Build India’s 1st Indigenous Hydrogen-Fuelled Electric Vessel at Cochin Shipyard The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW) is set to build India’s first indigenous hydrogen-fuelled electric vessels at Cochin Shipyard Limited(CSL), Cochin, Kerala.
- The hydrogen fuel cell vessel based on Low-Temperature Proton Exchange Membrane Technology (LT-PEM) called Fuel Cell Electric Vessel (FCEV) is expected to cost around Rs 17.50 crore.
- 75% of the cost will be funded by the Government of India.
Note: This is a part of the transformative efforts of the Government of India on the innovative and new technology front on green energy, sustainable cost-effective alternate fuel front.
About Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW):
Union Minister– Sarbananda Sonowal (Rajya Sabha – Assam)
Minister of State– Shripad Yesso Naik (Constituency- North Goa, Goa); Shantanu Thakur (Constituency- Bangaon, West Bengal)
>> Read Full News
INS Gharial Delivers Critical Medical Aid to Sri Lanka Under Mission SAGAR IX
India as part of Mission SAGAR IX (Security And Growth for All in the Region) provided Critical Medical Aid through its Indian Navy Ship (INS) Gharial to Sri Lanka, which is going through a medical emergency situation with many life-saving drugs out of stock, forcing doctors to delay major surgeries. The consignment arrived at Colombo, Sri Lanka on April 29, 2022.
i.The consignment delivered over 760 KiloGrams (kgs) of 107 types of critical life saving medicines, which was received by the Health Minister of Sri Lanka – Channa Jayasumana.
ii.The Critical life saving medicines will be supplied to the University of Peradeniya Hospital, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
About Mission SAGAR (Security And Growth for All in the Region):
i.The Mission SAGAR was the Indian initiative to deliver Covid-19 related assistance to the countries in the Indian Ocean Littoral States, launched in May 2020.
ii.In line with the vision of SAGAR, the Indian Navy undertakes several deployments to assist friendly IOR littorals. Since May 2020, Indian Navy has successfully concluded 8 such missions, deploying 10 ships to 18 Friendly Foreign Countries.
iii.With a steadfast intent of delivering a high quantum of humanitarian assistance to our neighbours, personnel from ships and shore organisations of the Indian Navy have invested close to a million man-hours to bring succour to our friends, overseas.
i.India has provided economic assistance to Sri Lanka to the tune of nearly USD 3 billion in 2022, which includes –
- USD 1 billion credit line for essentials
- USD 500 million credit line for purchase of petroleum products
- USD 400 million bilateral currency swap
- Over USD 1 billion under the Asian Clearing Union Framework
Miyan ka Bada’ Railway Station in Rajasthan Renamed To ‘Mahesh Nagar Halt’
In an official name-changing ceremony held on April 30, 2022, the ‘Miyan Ka Bada’ railway station in the Balotra area of Rajasthan’s Barmer district was renamed “Mahesh Nagar Halt.”
Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Union Minister of State Kailash Choudhary of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, and others attended the ceremony.
i.Since Independence, the people of Mian Ka Bada in Rajasthan have demanded that the village’s name be changed, claiming that the village’s original name was Mahesh Ro Bado.
In 2018, the Rajasthan government changed the village’s name from Mian Ka Bada to Mahesh Nagar and made the necessary revisions in the revenue records.
- Proposals to rename the station were sent to the railway ministry when the village’s name was changed.
In 2021, the name of the railway station was changed from Mian Ka Bada to Mahesh Nagar Halt after the proper procedures were followed, but the inauguration was postponed owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. The renamed station was finally inaugurated on April 30, 2022.
How are Railway Station names changed?
Even though the railways are administered by the Union government, station renaming is solely a state subject. Despite the fact that Indian Railways owns the station, it is not engaged in the naming process. This is up to the discretion of the state government concerned.
- The state governments submit the request to the Ministry of Home Affairs, which is the nodal ministry for these concerns, and the Ministry of Railways is kept informed.
The following are some of the prominent railway stations that have recently had their names changed:
- In 2021, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh’s Habibganj railway station was renamed to Rani Kamalapati railway station, after Gond queen Rani Kamlapati.
- In 2021, the Faizabad Junction Railway Station in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh (UP), was renamed Ayodhya Cantt.
- In 2020, Uttar Pradesh’s Allahabad Junction was renamed Prayagraj Junction. In 2018, the UP Government formally renamed Allahabad to Prayagraj.
- In 2018, the famous Mughalsarai Railway Junction in Uttar Pradesh was renamed Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction Railway Station.
- In 2021, the Jhansi Railway Station in Uttar Pradesh was renamed Veerangana Lakshmibai Railway Station.
Dharmendra Pradhan Launched ‘Mandate Document’ for National Curriculum Framework
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched a “mandate document” for National Curriculum Framework (NCF) under the new National Education Policy (NEP) at Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- It was a step towards decolonisation of the Indian education system.
About National Curriculum Framework (NCF):
i.The National Education Policy 2020 is the ‘Philosophy’, NCF is the ‘Pathway’ and the mandate document, which is the ‘Constitution’ to champion the changing demands of the 21st century and impact the future positively.
- NCF is also a society document, enabled by setting up an app-based process so that every citizen of the country can give their suggestions.
ii.NCF is guided by the National Steering Committee (NSC) chaired by Dr K Kasturirangan and supported by the Mandate Group, in addition to the National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT).
- NCF includes the National Curriculum Framework for School Education (NCFSE)
- The National Curriculum Framework for Early Childhood Care & Education (NCFECCE)
- The National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education (NCFTE)
- The National Curriculum Framework for Adult Education (NCFAE)
iii.India’s NEP 2020 based education model will serve as a benchmark for emerging economies across the world.
iv.NCF will also fully account for other initiatives like National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy Bharat Programme (NIPUN Bharat), the national mission for Foundational Literacy and Numeracy.
About Mandate Document:
A mandate document focuses on the holistic development of children, emphasis on skilling, the vital role of teachers, learning in the mother tongue, and cultural rootedness.
Goals of mandate document:
- It delineates the process of the development and the characteristics of the NCF.
- The process designed ensures the seamless integration imagined – vertically (across stages) and horizontally (across subjects in the same stage) in the nep 2020 – to ensure holistic, integrated, and multidisciplinary education
- It creates the opportunities for life-long learning for all citizens in the country.
- Anchored and informed by sound theory and cutting-edge research, yet using simple language with real-life illustrations from classrooms and schools in a variety of contexts
- More than 700 state-level expert groups in states and union territories across subjects and cross cutting themes 25 national-level expert groups including international experts.
Narayan Rane Inaugurates “Enterprise India” A Month Long Initiative
Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Narayan Rane, inaugurated the “Enterprise India” under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. The series of commemorative entrepreneurship, development events and activities were organised from April, 2022 to May, 2022. The event is aimed at ‘Jan Bhagidari’. The activities include:
- Conferences with Industry Associations,
- Organising Entrepreneurship Awareness Programmes through Field offices,
- Demonstration of Nukkad Nataks in Aspirational Districts,
- Special campaigns on Udyam Registration, and
- Launch of MSME Sustainable Zed Certification Scheme, conducting ‘MSME Expedition’ in several States, organising MSME Mega Convention and Exhibition.
It also promotes MSMEs in entrepreneurship and importance of Industry associations in making the country a “Manufacturing Hub” and increasing India’s economy to 5 trillion dollars.
India’s First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Will be Delivered to Indian Navy
India’s First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC), Indian Navy Ship (INS) Vikrant will be delivered to the Indian Navy by May, 2022 and will be commissioned on (Independence Day) 15 August, 2022. The IAC has been constructed by Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL). The IAC will use ski-jump technology for launching the aircraft from the carrier. It costs around Rs 23,000 crore. The IAC is 262 metres long, 62 metres wide and it has a height of 59 metres and it has over 2,300 compartments. The warship will operate MiG-29K fighter jets, Kamov-31 helicopters, and MH-60R multi-role helicopters.
- Around 60 percent of the components of the aircraft carrier are indigenous while the remaining 40 percent have been imported.
- The CSL has obtained a contract for around eight Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Crafts(ASW SWC).
- Also, CSL has been declared as the lowest bidder for the New Generation Missile Vessel (NGMV) project.
Highlights of External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar’s visit to Bangladesh and Bhutan
On April 28-30, 2022, the Union Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) visited Bangladesh and Bhutan. His delegation included Foreign Secretary-designate Vinay Mohan Kwatra.
i.On April 28, 2022, he paid a brief official visit to Dhaka, Bangladesh where he met Bangladesh Prime Minister (PM) Sheikh Hasina and also held talks with Bangladesh Minister Abul Kalam Abdul Momen, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
ii.On April 29, 2022, he paid an official visit to Thimphu, Bhutan to further strengthen bilateral ties. He was Bhutan’s first high-level visitor from abroad since the onset of COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020. He was invited by Bhutan’s Minister Lyonpo Tandi Dorji, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).
iv.There S. Jaishankar called on Bhutan’s PM Lyonchhen Dr. Lotay Tshering, and met the King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck.
Currency– Bhutanese ngultrum
Currency– Bangladeshi Taka
>> Read Full News
NATO Exercises – Defender Europe 2022 and Swift Response 2022 Began in Poland and 8 Other Countries
The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) exercise, Defender Europe 2022 (DE22) and Swift Response 2022 (SR22) began on May 01, 2022 aimed at building preparedness and interoperability between Allies and partners of the United States (US) and NATO.
- The exercises are scheduled from May 01 to May 27, 2022.
- Host Countries: The exercise began in Poland and will be held in 8 other countries.
- Exercise Swift Response is an annual U.S. Army Europe and Africa multinational training exercise that takes place this year in Eastern Europe, the Arctic High North, Baltics, and Balkans.
i.The Military exercise will involve approximately 18,000 soldiers from over 20 countries that are taking place in the territory of Poland and eight other countries.
ii.The 5th Corps of the US Armed Forces is responsible for the command of the exercises.
iii.During the exercise, the troops ability to cooperate in a joint combat operation will be put to test using various training episodes including long-distance tactical marches, bridging rivers and live fire training.
iv.The Joint combined exercises will strengthen the security of the NATO Eastern Flank through training in accordance with NATO standards and procedures. They also allow for the adaptation of these rules and standards to meet new and emerging challenges at the contemporary battlefield in order to deter a potential aggressor.
Capital – Warsaw
President – Andrzej Duda
Currency – Polish złoty
About North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO):
i.NATO is an intergovernmental military alliance between 30 member states, of which 28 are in Europe and the other 2 in North America.
Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
NATO Secretary General – Jens Stoltenberg
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI issues Guidelines on Compensation of KMPs & Senior Management in NBFCs; Modifies Norms for LIs on Short Term Crop Loan Scheme
i.On the lines of the revised Scale Based Regulatory (SBR) framework for Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) that was put in place in October 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued guidelines on compensation of Key Managerial Personnel (KMPs) and senior management in NBFCs under SBR framework w.e.f. April 1, 2023.
ii.However, these will not be applicable to Base Layer and Government owned NBFCs.
iii.RBI modified norms for banks to claim the amount of interest subvention scheme for short term loans for Agriculture and Allied Activities that was provided to farmers through Kisan Credit Card (KCC) during the FY22.
iv.Under this, pending claims for FY22 financial year can be submitted by June 30, 2023 with duly certified by the statutory auditors as true and correct.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Establishment– April 1, 1935
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
>> Read Full News
HDFC Life Becomes Signatory to UN – Supported Principles for Responsible Investment
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (HDFC Life) recently joined the United Nations (UN) -backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), affirming its commitment to long-term value creation and sustainable growth.
HDFC Life is committed to growing holistically and sustainably by investing in the five pillars of its ESG (environmental, social, and governance) strategy: ethical conduct, responsible investing, diversity, equity, and inclusion, holistic living, and sustainable operations.
- The PRI’s partnership with HDFC Life will allow it to streamline its responsible investment strategy.
- Currently, the Company has Assets Under Management worth more than Rs. 2 lakh crores.
i.As an active asset manager for policyholders, HDFC Life also has the fiduciary responsibility to provide optimal risk-adjusted returns over the long term.
- This objective can be accomplished by using the Responsible Investment (RI) strategy when making investment decisions.
ii.In order to enhance ESG awareness among policyholders, it has recently created an ESG-focused “Sustainable Equity Fund” that is available in its Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP) offerings.
NOTE: For its outstanding governance practises, HDFC Life was awarded the ‘Best Governed Company in the Listed Segment: Large Category’ award at the 21st Institute of Company Secretaries (ICSI) National Awards for Excellence in Corporate Governance.
About Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI):
i.Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), founded in 2005 by former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan and a group of some of the world’s largest institutional investors. It is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment.
ii.Since its inception in 2006, the PRI has grown steadily, and the UN has been a strong supporter. It works:
- To understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors;
- To support its international network of investor signatories in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions.
About HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (HDFC Life):
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (HDFC Life) is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., India’s leading housing finance institution and abrdn plc (formerly Standard Life Aberdeen plc) a global investment company.
MD & CEO – Vibha Padalkar
Establishment – 2000
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
IRDAI allows Insurance Companies to Invest up to 30% of Assets in Financial and Insurance activities
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) in exercise of its powers conferred under Regulation 14(2) of the IRDAI (Investment) Regulations, 2016, has increased the investment limit of all insurance companies to invest in the Financial and Insurance activities (as per section K of NIC classification) to 30% of investment assets from 25%.
- This rise in limit will increase the exposure of insurance companies in this sector.
i.Notably, this move comes just before Life Insurance Corp of India’s (LIC) Rs 21,000 crore IPO (Initial Public Offering), the largest from India. It can increase the insurer’s participation in this IPO.
ii.The earlier cap of 25% was too restrictive, particularly to the financial sector, as it accounts for over a third of the India’s total market capitalization. As a result, most insurance companies are underinvested in the financial sector. Now, with 30% limit insurance companies are flexible to invest.
Click Here for Official Notification
About Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI):
Establishment– 2000 (following the recommendations of the Malhotra Committee report)
Chairperson– Debasish Panda
Headquarters– Hyderabad, Telangana
Fidypay Partners with Yes Bank to Promote Financial Inclusion
FidyPay, a financial technology (fintech) API platform, has partnered with Yes Bank to offer Yes Bank customers with seamless connected banking experience.
- This initiative will let a wide range of businesses, including Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Fintechs, and start-ups, access digital services.
- FidyPay will also serve as the solution provider for Unified Payments Interface (UPI) services.
The partnership is a part of the bank’s larger connected banking strategy, which aims to make banking more inclusive and accessible to a varied and increasing customer base.
i.As a result of the strategic partnership, FidyPay will be able to expand its existing product line and establish itself as a trusted technology partner for banks, corporates, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), SMEs, start-ups, allowing it to serve a larger market.
ii.FidyPay is also collaborating with Yes Bank on a wide array of applications, including UPI, Application Programming Interface (API) banking, prepaid cards, escrow accounts, Payment Aggregators (PA) licencing, and eRUPI (a digital voucher), amongst others.
FidyPay is one of the industry’s leading Financial Inclusion and Digital Payment companies.
Founder & CEO – Manan Dixit
Establishment – 2017.
Headquarters – Indore, Madhya Pradesh
About YES Bank Ltd.:
MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
Establishment – 2004
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline – Experience Our Expertise
DBS Bank partners with Anthill and Headstart to launch DBS Business Class founded
DBS Bank India has partnered with Anthill Ventures, an investment and scaling platform for startups, and Headstart Network Foundation, India’s largest ‘Volunteer-driven, Grassroot level, Startup Ecosystem Enabler, to launch DBS Business Class foundED.
- This is in line with DBS Bank’s vision to support entrepreneurs and innovators.
- This forum will be held across Indian cities to celebrate modern-day founders, innovators, and game-changers to foster co-innovation and collaboration in the startup ecosystem.
- The 1st DBS Business Class founded event was held in Hyderabad, Telangana with Actor investor, and entrepreneur Rana Daggubati as keynote speaker.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
NGSL signed MoE with LREB & PEPL for solar PV Projects in Kenya
NTPC GE Power Services Private Limited (NGSL), a 50:50 Joint Venture(JV) between NTPC Limited and GE Power India Limited, has signed a tripartite Memorandum of Engagement (MoE) with The Lake Region Economic Bloc (LREB), Kenya and Procorp Enertech Private Limited (PEPL) to work towards the development of ground-mounted and floating solar Photovoltaic(PV) projects in the Lake region of Kenya.
- The MoE aims to extend support for the adoption of affordable housing, efficient lighting, development of Mini-grid solutions and capacity building of Kenyan power sector professionals.
Previously LREB and NGSL have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore business opportunities in Kenya and other African countries.
Sanjeev Duggal, MD, NGSL; Victor Joash Oginga Nyagaya, CEO, LREB and Raju S Gannavarapu of PEPL signed the MoE in the presence of governors and other senior delegates from LREB, Kenya.
i.The MoE was signed during the visit of a 20-member high-level delegation from LREB, Kenya.
ii.The delegations also visited the 100 MW floating Solar plant at NTPC Ramagundam (Telangana) India’s largest floating solar plant and the 250 MW NTPC Ananthapuram ground mounted Solar PV Plant in Andhra Pradesh(AP).
About NTPC GE Power Services Pvt. Limited:
NTPC GE Power Services Pvt. Ltd. was Formerly known as NTPC ALSTOM Power Services Pvt. Ltd.
Managing Director– Sanjeev Duggal
Headquarters– Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh(UP)
Formed in September 1999
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Anshul Swami Appointed as MD & CEO of Shivalik Small Finance Bank
Anshul Swami was appointed as the Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of the Shivalik Small Finance Bank with effect from 26th April 2022. He replaces Suveer Kumar Gupta the co-founder of the bank who led its transition from an urban co-operative bank to a small finance bank.
- Now, Suveer Kumar Gupta will act as the advisor to the Board of Directors at Shivalik Small Finance Bank.
- The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has already approved the appointment of Anshul Swami as MD& CEO of Shivalik Small Finance Bank.
About Anshul Swami:
i.Anshul Swami has previously served as the Head of Retail & Inclusion, Products in RBL Bank. He has also worked in various capacities at Barclays, Citi Financial and Britannia.
ii.He has also worked across various customer segments like Retail, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), Microfinance and Agriculture.
As the MD & CEO of Shivalik Small Finance Bank. Anshul Swami will be tasked with making Shivalik a Digital First Bank with a focus on small businesses and expanding the bank’s footprint across India.
About Shivalik Small Finance Bank:
Shivalik became the first Small Finance Bank in India’s history to transition from an Urban Co-operative Bank.
MD&CEO– Anshul Swami
Headquarters– Noida, Uttar Pradesh(UP)
Sangeeta Singh IRS Given Additional Charge of CBDT Chairman
Sangeeta Singh, an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer from the 1986 batch, has been appointed as Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), with effect from May 02, 2022.
- The Union Finance Ministry has issued an order stating that Sangeeta Singh will perform the duties and responsibilities of Chairperson, CBDT, in addition to her own duties, for a period of three months or until a regular chairman is chosen, whichever comes earlier.
She was appointed after the incumbent chairman of the direct tax administration body, Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra retired on April 30, 2022.
- In September 2021, Mohapatra, a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer in the Income Tax Department, was named full-time chairman.
About Sangeeta Singh:
i.Singh is currently in charge of Audits and Judicial matters.
ii.She is also holding additional charge of Income Tax and Revenue and Tax Payers services. Currently, the board has four members including Sangeeta Singh.
iii. The other members are Anuja Sarangi, a 1985 batch officer, holding charge of Member, Administration, and Faceless Scheme; Nitin Gupta, handling the charge of Investigation and Pragya Sahay Saksena, handling the charge of member legislation and systems.
iv.Arvind Singh, her spouse, is a Maharashtra Cadre IAS who currently serves for the Indian government as the Secretary of Tourism.
About The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT):
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) is a part of the Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance. It is a statutory authority functioning under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963
It provides essential inputs for policy and planning of direct taxes in India, at the same time it is also responsible for administration of direct tax laws through the Income Tax Department.
Chairman – Sangeeta Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
2022 Badminton Asia Championships – India’s PV Sindhu won Bronze in Women’s Singles
On May 01, 2022, the Indian Badminton Player Pusarla Venkata(PV) Sindhu won the Bronze medal in Women’s Singles at the 39th edition of 2022 Badminton Asia Championships held from April 26 to May 1, 2022 at the Muntinlupa Sports Complex in Manila, Philippines.
- The Philippines Badminton Association hosted the competition, which is sanctioned by Badminton Asia.
- The total prize money for this year’s tournament is USD 400,000.
- This is Sindhu’s second medal in the tournament; she had claimed a bronze in the 2014 Gimcheon edition.
i.Men’s Singles – The Malaysian badminton player Lee Zii Jia won gold medal by defeating the Indonesian badminton player Jonatan Christie.
ii.Women’s Singles – The Chinese badminton player Wang Zhiyi won gold medal by defeating the Japanese badminton player Akane Yamaguchi.
iii.Men’s doubles – The Indonesian badminton players Pramudya Kusumawardana and Yeremia Erich Yoche Yacob Rambitan won gold medal by defeating the Malaysian duo Aaron Chia and Soh Wooi Yik
iv.Women’s Doubles – The Chinese badminton duo Chen Qing Chen and Jia Yi Fan won the gold medal by defeating the Japanese duo Iwanaga Rin and Nakanishi Kie.
v.Mixed Doubles – The Chinese badminton players Zheng Si Wei and Huang Ya Qiong won the gold medal by defeating the compatriots Huang Dong Ping and Wang Yi Lyu.
|Men’s Singles||Lee Zii Jia (Malaysia)||Jonatan Christie (Indonesia)|
|Women’s Singles||Wang Zhiyi (China)||Akane Yamaguchi (Japan)|
|Men’s Doubles||Pramudya Kusumawardana and Yeremia Erich Yoche Yacob Rambitan (Indonesia)||Aaron Chia and Soh Wooi Yik (Malaysia)|
|Women’s Doubles||Chen Qing Chen and Jia Yi Fan (China)||Iwanaga Rin and Nakanishi Kie (Japan)|
|Mixed Doubles||Zheng Si Wei and Huang Ya Qiong (China)||Huang Dong Ping and Wang Yi Lyu (China)|
i.Dinesh Khanna is the only Indian to win gold at the Asian Championships in 1965.
International Labour Day 2022 – May 1
International Labour Day, a day of labour and Solidarity, is annually observed across the globe on 1st May to create awareness about labour rights and to recognize the efforts of the working class.
- The day is observed in more than 80 countries across the globe, including, India, China, Cuba etc.,
- International Labour Day is also referred to as International Workers Day or May Day or Antarrashtriya Shramik Diwas or Kamgar Din.
i.The first International Congress of Socialist Parties in Europe held on 14th July 1889 in Paris, France, proclaimed to dedicate 1st May of every year as the “Workers Day of International Unity and Solidarity.”
ii.The first May day celebration focused on workers was observed on 1st May 1890.
- The origin of the International Labour Day is associated with the struggle for a shorter workday, “The 8-hour day movement”.
World Tuna Day 2022 – May 2
The United Nations(UN)’s World Tuna Day is annually observed across the globe on 2nd May to create awareness about the importance of tuna resources for food security and nutrition, economic development, employment, government revenue, livelihoods, culture and recreation.
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/71/124 on 7th December 2016 and proclaimed the 2nd May of every year as World Tuna Day.
ii.The first-ever World Tuna Day was observed on 2nd May 2017.
International Year of Artisanal Fisheries and Aquaculture (IYAFA 2022):
The UNGA adopted the resolution A/RES/72/72 on 5th December 2017 and proclaimed the year beginning on 1st January 2022 as the International Year of Artisanal Fisheries and Aquaculture (IYAFA 2022).
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO) is the lead agency of IYAFA 2022 in collaboration with other relevant organizations and bodies of the UN system.
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO):
Director-General– Qu Dongyu
Members– 195 members (194 countries and the European Union)
Headquarters– Rome, Italy
>> Read Full News
MoPNG to Celebrate 1st May 2022 as Ujjwala Diwas
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) has decided to celebrate the 1st May 2022 as Ujjwala Diwas to celebrate the achievements of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana(PMUY).
- The PMUY was launched by Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi on 1st May 2016 at Ballia, Uttar Pradesh(UP) as a step toward providing Free LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) connection to every Below Poverty Line (BPL) household.
Events of Ujjwala Diwas:
i.Rameshwar Teli, Minister of State for MoPNG preside over a Ujjwala Diwas celebration programme at Dibrugarh, Assam.
ii.On the occasion of the Ujjwala Diwas (1st May 2022), Oil marketing companies organised more than 5000 LPG panchayats where apart from experience sharing, aimed at safe and sustained usage of LPG, all-out efforts will be made to maximise customer enrolment.
About Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG):
Union Minister– Hardeep Singh Puri (Rajya Sabha- Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State– Rameswar Teli (Constituency- Dibrugarh, Assam)
>> Read Full News
Chhattisgarh Govt Launches ‘Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana’ – a Scheme For Doorstep Delivery of Public Services
On May 1, 2022, The Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel launched ‘Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana’ (Mitaan stands for friend), which will be implemented on pilot basis in 14 municipal corporations including the cities like Raipur, Durg, Bilaspur and Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh. Under the Scheme the residents of Chhattisgarh can avail around 100 public services at their doorstep.
- In the first phase, 13 services in 14 municipal corporation areas have been included under the ‘Mitaan’ scheme as announced by the CM in his budget speech for fiscal year 2022-23.
i.Under the Scheme, people can contact the ‘Mitaan’ (nominated individual) on the toll free number (14545) for the service.
ii.The required documents of the residents will be collected from their home through the Mitaan, who will then scan the certificates and get the processes rolling for the issuance of certificates or services.
iii. Once the concerned department issues the certificate, it will then be delivered at the citizen’s doorstep by the ‘Mitaan’ in a sealed envelope within the prescribed time limit.
iv.This will make the public service delivery system equally accessible to all citizens in a time-bound manner with enhanced accountability, transparency, responsiveness and inclusiveness.
v.At present, citizens can obtain birth certificates, marriage certificates, residence certificates, death certificates, caste certificates, income certificates, copies of documents, copies of land records, shop registration and correction in documents through this home delivery scheme.
Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Festivals – Maati Ti’aar, Hareli Festival, The First Fruits Festival, Parad
Dance – Panthi Dance, Raut Nacha, Gendi
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 3 May 2022|
|1||MoPSW to Build India’s 1st Indigenous Hydrogen-Fuelled Electric Vessel at Cochin Shipyard|
|2||INS Gharial Delivers Critical Medical Aid to Sri Lanka Under Mission SAGAR IX|
|3||Miyan ka Bada’ Railway Station in Rajasthan Renamed To ‘Mahesh Nagar Halt’|
|4||Dharmendra Pradhan Launched ‘Mandate Document’ for NCF|
|5||Narayan Rane Inaugurates “Enterprise India” A Month Long Initiative|
|6||India’s First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Will be Delivered to Indian Navy|
|7||Highlights of External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar’s visit to Bangladesh and Bhutan|
|8||NATO Exercises – Defender Europe 2022 and Swift Response 2022 Began in Poland and 8 Other Countries|
|9||RBI issues Guidelines on Compensation of KMPs & Senior Management in NBFCs; Modifies Norms for LIs on Short Term Crop Loan Scheme|
|10||HDFC Life Becomes Signatory to UN – Supported Principles for Responsible Investment|
|11||IRDAI allows Insurance Companies to Invest up to 30% of Assets in Financial and Insurance activities|
|12||Fidypay Partners with Yes Bank to Promote Financial Inclusion|
|13||DBS Bank partners with Anthill and Headstart to launch DBS Business Class founded|
|14||NGSL signed MoE with LREB & PEPL for solar PV Projects in Kenya|
|15||Anshul Swami Appointed as MD & CEO of Shivalik Small Finance Bank|
|16||Sangeeta Singh IRS Given Additional Charge of CBDT Chairman|
|17||2022 Badminton Asia Championships – India’s PV Sindhu won Bronze in Women’s Singles|
|18||International Labour Day 2022 – May 1|
|19||World Tuna Day 2022 – May 2|
|20||MoPNG to Celebrate 1st May 2022 as Ujjwala Diwas|
|21||Chhattisgarh Govt Launches ‘Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana’ – a Scheme For Doorstep Delivery of Public Services|