We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 28 & 29 August 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
38th Ministerial level JRC Meeting of India and Bangladesh was held in New DelhiOn August 25, 2022, the 38th meeting of the Ministerial level Joint Rivers Commission (JRC) of India and Bangladesh was held in New Delhi, Delhi. This meeting was held after a gap of 12 years, however, the technical interactions under the framework of JRC have continued in the intervening period.
- The JRC of India and Bangladesh was constituted in 1972 as a bilateral mechanism to address issues of mutual interest on common / border / transboundary rivers.
- The meeting was preceded by Water Resources Secretary-level interaction held on 23rd August 2022.
i.The Indian delegation was led by Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Ministry of Jal Shakti (MoJS).
ii.The Bangladesh delegation was led by Zaheed Farooque, State Minister for Water Resources. AKM Enamul Hoque Shameem, Deputy Minister for Water Resources was also part of the Bangladesh delegation.
i.Discussions were held on a number of ongoing bilateral issues of mutual interest including river water sharing of common rivers, sharing of flood data, addressing river pollution, conducting joint studies on sedimentation management, river bank protection works etc.
ii.Both sides finalized the text of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Interim Water Sharing of Kushiyara river.
iii.Both sides also welcomed finalization of the design and location of water intake point on the Feni River to meet the drinking water needs of Sabroom town in Tripura as per the October 2019 India -Bangladesh MoU on this subject.
Points to be noted:
i.India has been assisting Bangladesh in sharing real time flood data.
- India has recently extended the period of flood data sharing beyond October 15 to help Bangladesh address unforeseen flood events.
ii.India and Bangladesh share 54 rivers, of which 7 rivers have been identified earlier for developing the framework of water sharing agreements on priority.
- During the meeting, it has been agreed to widen this area of ongoing cooperation by including 8 more rivers for data exchange.
iii.Bangladesh Prime Minister (PM) Sheikh Hasina is expected to visit New Delhi in early September 2022.
MoD Approves DRDO developed guided rockets for Pinaka weapon system for IA
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has approved the three Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) projects – Guided Extended Range Rocket Ammunition, AerialDenial Munition Type I and Infantry Combat Vehicle – Command for Pinaka rocket launchers
- These projects would enhance the firepower of the Indian Army.
- These 3 products were designed and developed by DRDO and the total value of these 3 proposals is Rs 8599 crore.
About the project:
i.The Guided Extended Range Rocket Ammunition has a range of 75 km with an accuracy of 40 metres.
ii.The Aerial Denial Munition Type I Rocket Ammunition contains dual-purpose submunitions that are capable of neutralising both tanks and armoured personnel carriers as well as vehicle entrenched troops.
iii.The Infantry Combat Vehicle – Command is equipped with technology to collect, disseminate, share and present real-time information to commanders to facilitate quick decision making for the execution of tasks.
Govt Grants Permission to Defence Forces to Buy Emergency Weapons Through Make in India Route
The Indian Government has granted permission to defence forces to procure emergency weapons through the Make in India route.
- The approval was given at a meeting chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
i.Under the emergency power, the defence forces can acquire any new or in-service equipment on a fast-track basis as per requirement.
- The required equipment will be delivered within a period of 3 months to 1 year.
ii.The Defence forces have to spend from their own funds for this emergency procurement and are not required to take MoDd’s approval for procuring the equipment.
- The acquisitions include missiles which can hit ground targets like bunkers from a long distance and also equipment that includes both, ingenious and foreign manufactured products.
Note – The IAF and the Army received ‘Heron’ unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) under the emergency powers which is useful for surveillance in Ladakh and in the Northeastern (NE) region.
The World’s First Hydrogen-Powered Train Fleet in Germany
On 24th August 2022 Germany inaugurated the world’s first hydrogen-powered train fleet, this initiative by the German Government is to open the door for more environmentally friendly travel. These new locomotives are to replace a diesel fleet.
This new fleet was made by the French company Alstom and operated by a regional rail company Lower Saxony Transport Authority (LNVG) consisting of 14 Coradia iLint Hydrogen trains.
i.The Hydrogen-powered train makes the vehicles much cleaner than the diesel-powered predecessors.
ii.Lower Saxony has invested USD 92 million in this project, in order to make its economy greener.
iii. Per year 422,000 gallons of diesel fuel will be saved if the trains run on hydrogen-power.
iv.The benefit of the new fleet is to cut off 22 pounds of CO2 emissions, which are caused by a gallon of burned diesel fuel. Per year 460 tons CO2 will be reduced.
i.The hydrogen-powered train fleet will normally operate between 50 – 75 mph, and can travel at speeds of up to 87 mph for a range of 621 miles (1,000 Km).
ii.Per tank of hydrogen, each train fleet can run for an entire day.
iii. The Hydrogen filling station was already established along with the route construction, between the towns of Cuxhaven, Bremerhaven, Bremervörde and Buxtehude.
iv.The Government of Germany, Frankfurt have ordered 27 locomotives for the use of the metropolitan area since Lower Saxony would not have the only hydrogen fleet for much longer.
Bangladesh Railway & India signed Consultancy Contract for 2 Railway Projects
On 25th August 2022, India signed two consultancy contracts with Bangladesh under the Indian Line of Credit (LoC), just before 4 months of the project deadlines ended, for the construction of a new broad-gauge line between Khulna & Darsana and converstion of meter gauge into a dual-gauge line between Parbatipur & Kaunia.
- The projects are being implemented with financing under the concessional Indian line of credit (LoC) of $2 billion.
i.The 2 railway projects will increase rail connectivity in Bangladesh and enhance the potential to transform cross-border goods movement, and boost sub-regional growth.
ii.The contract was signed at the ceremony which was held at the Railway Ministry in Dhaka.
iii. The Railway connectivity project is to improve sub-regional connectivity, trade and commerce, and accelerate growth of the entire region.
iv.The consultancy contract services awarded to joint venture of AARVEE Associates Architects Engineers & Consultants Pvt. Ltd., STUP Consultants Pvt. Ltd., and Design Consultants Ltd., (Bangladesh Partner)
Budget of 2 Railway Project:
i.The Khulna-Darsana rail line project
- The total investment is around USD 312 million under LoC.
- The rail line will have a length of 126.25 Km (double line) with a 14.40 Km loop line.
- It comes with 147 bridges, including 4 girder bridges and 43 RCC (Reinforced Concrete) box culvert bridges.
ii.The Parbatipur-Kaunia rail project
- The total investment is USD 120.41 million under Government of India (GoI) LoC.
- This project, expanding 57 Km featured 7 railway stations, and 47 bridges, including 14 girder bridges and 33 box culvert bridges.
On the National Day of Gabon, IETO and Gabon Embassy launched India GABON Business Council
On 24th August 2022, India GABON Business Council was launched by the Indian Economic Trade Organisation (IETO) and the Embassy of Gabon at the ITC Maurya in order to accelerate the trade relationship between both India and Gabon.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Josephine Patricia Ntyam- EHYA, the Charge D Affaires of the Gabon Embassy and Dr Asif Iqbal, the President of the IETO and pledged the commitment of support for a robust partnership.
- Business council will put efforts to educate and create a conductive business atmosphere in the Indian Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) Investor sector.
- Both India and Gabon are currently serving as non-permanent members of the UNSC (United Nation Security Council). The Bilateral trade between both nations reached USD 1.12 billion in 2021-22. India is the 2nd largest destination for Gabonese exports.
BANKING & FINANCE
Bank Credit Growth increased to 14.2% in Q1FY23: RBI Data
On August 26, 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the ‘Quarterly Statistics on Deposits and Credit of Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) for June 2022′ showing an increase in bank credit growth to 14.2% in Q1FY23 (quarter ended June 2022) as compared to 6% in Q1FY22.
- In Q4FY22 (quarter ended March 2022) bank credit had expanded by 10.8%.
This statistics is premised upon the data which is collected from all scheduled commercial banks (SCBs), including regional rural banks (RRBs), small finance banks (SFBs) and payments banks (PBs).
i.Credit growth has been broad-based as all the population groups (i.e., rural, semi-urban, urban and metropolitan), all the bank groups (i.e., public/private sector banks, foreign banks, RRBs and SFBs) and all the regions of India (i.e., central, eastern, north-eastern, northern, southern and western) recorded double-digit annual credit growth in June 2022.
ii.Aggregate deposit growth (year-on-year) remained in the range of 9.5 – 10.2% during the last five quarters.
iii.Metropolitan branches continue to account for over half of the bank deposits and their share increased marginally over the last 1 year.
iv.The share of current account and savings account (CASA) deposits in total deposits has been increasing over the last three years (42 % in June 2020, 43.8% in June 2021 and 44.5% in June 2022).
v.The credit-deposit (C-D) ratio also increased in June 2022. It stood at 73.5% at all-India level (70.5% in June 2021) and 86.2% for metropolitan branches of banks (84.3% in June 2021).
IRDAI provides more Flexibility to Insurers by easing Limits for Insurance Commission
On August 26, 2022, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) provided insurers with more flexibility in paying commission by linking limits to the overall portfolio and company management expenses.
- IRDAI has invited suggestions from stakeholders by September 14, 2022.
Commission Cap under this:
i.The maximum commission sanctioned for non-life products i.e. for health and general insurers has been pegged at 20% of the Gross Written Premium (GWP) in India in that financial year.
ii.For life companies, IRDAI proposed to link commissions with expenses of management (EoM), wherein if the actual EoM in the previous financial year is not over 70% of the allowable EoM limits, the life insurer can adopt commission limits as approved by its board.
- But if EoM exceeds 70% of the allowable limits, the insurer must adhere to caps on commission proposed by the regulator.
iii.IRDAI also proposed a 20% commission cap on first-year premium (FYP) and 10% renewal premium (RP) compared to 35-40% and 5-7.5%, respectively.
To enhance responsiveness of regulations to market innovation and provide insurers the flexibility to manage expenses based on their growth aspirations to improve market penetration
i.The commission and remuneration of insurers should be based on a board-approved policy which will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
ii.No commission is payable to insurance agents or the insurance intermediaries in the direct business, and the insurers must grant discounts on the premium.
NMDFC Signs MoU with ICICI Bank for Development of Banking Software & App
The National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICICI Bank for the development of financial accounting software and mobile application.
- The MoU provides for the development of financial accounting software for NMDFC and State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) and loan accounting software for receiving and processing of loan applications and accounting of repayments from beneficiaries.
i.ICICI Bank will design, develop and deploy the application for NMDFC, provide source code and executable database information among others.ii.This software will enable greater transparency and speed of transactions in loan and accounting processes of NMDFC and SCAs.
iii.Through the development of banking software and mobile applications, NMDFC activities are automated which is a step towards accomplishing its mission of ‘Development with Dignity’ and will also facilitate submission of online applications by the targeted beneficiaries.
About National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC):
NMDFC is a National Level Apex Body for the benefit of Minorities under the Ministry of Minority Affairs.Its prime mandate is to provide concessional finance for self-employment and income generation activities to the backward sections amongst the minority communities.
Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) – Rakesh Sarwal
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
India Hands Over USD 1 million to BIMSTEC Secretariat’s Operational Budget
Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs and Education Rajkumar Ranjan Singh ceremonially handed over a cheque of USD 1 million for the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Secretariat’s operational budget.
i.BIMSTEC Secretary General Tenzin Lekphell was on a visit to India, during which discussions were held on the consolidation and further development of the BIMSTEC institutional architecture under the BIMSTEC Charter adopted on 30th March 2022.
- The visit of BIMSTEC Secretary-General Tenzin Lekphell was held at the invitation of Saurabh Kumar, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs.
ii.The discussions were also held in specific areas led by India including counter-terrorism, disaster management, maritime cooperation and energy security.
iii.Ongoing cooperation activities in the three BIMSTEC priority areas of poverty eradication, connectivity, and trade & investment were reviewed.
iv.He also participated in a public interactive session hosted by Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries (RIS) titled ‘Rejuvenating Growth through partnerships-Role of BIMSTEC’.
- This was also attended by Ambassadors of Thailand, Bhutan and Myanmar and senior diplomats of BIMSTEC diplomatic missions in New Delhi.
About Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC):
Established – 1997
Member states – 7 members (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand)
Axis Bank and KMRL launches kochi1 Card offer for Onam
Axis Bank set to launch a campaign with Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) to process the Kochi1 card among metro commuters, which helps for the commuters to save big on subway fares.It announced offers for Kochi-1 smart card holders in connection with Onam.
- The bank partnered with Amazon pay to provide discounts on basic payments like bills and recharge.
- Axis Bank released a special offer, the ‘Dining Delights’ extended to Kochi1 card which can avail reduction on food and beverages bills.
- 1.3 lakh Kochi1 cards have been issued by the bank so far.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
GeM Portal Procures 8,200 Crore from Various Registered Startups
The Government e-Marketplace (GeM) portal has procured over 8,200 crore worth of products and services from around 12,165 registered startups across 1.42 lakh orders since its inception in 2016.
- Under the Startup Runway initiative for unique products with no comparable, startups can register and sell such products.
i.Since the portal’s launch, total public procurement worth 2.83 lakh crore has been made through the portal by the central and state governments, central and state Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and other bodies.
ii.The registered sellers count in the portal has crossed 50 lakh and the number of orders placed has crossed 1 crore.
- The portal has also added Artificial Intelligence (AI) elements for better predictive analysis and to ensure transparency.
iii.GeM is planning to increase its reach by partnering with Common Service Centres (CSCs) and Department of posts to use both online and physical infrastructure of theses bodies to ensure participation of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), Self help Groups (SHGs), and women entrepreneurs.
- MSME account for more than 50 % of the total business on GeM.
iv.Maharashtra stands first with 8.83 lakh vendors who are registered with GeM followed by Uttar Pradesh (4.09 lakh) and Tamil Nadu (4.07 lakh).
IOC to spend Rs. 2 lakh cr. for net-zero emissions
The chairman of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Shrikant Madhav Vaidhya announced that IOC will invest Rs 2 lakh crore to achieve net-zero operational carbon emissions by 2046. It will use a combination of energy efficiency measures, electrification of processes and fuel replacement.
- The target set is in line with India’s aim to reach net-zero emissions by 2070.
- The investment of over Rs 2 lakh crore will help mitigate emissions to about 0.7 billion metric tonnes of carbon dioxide.
IOC plans to use natural gas in refineries in place of liquid fuels as well as replace grey hydrogen with green one that is manufactured from renewable power.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Indian Navy Receives First-ever Fully Indigenous AK-630 Gun Ammunition
Indian Navy received the first-ever indegeniously produced 30mm gun ammunition that will be used in AK-630 guns, which is fitted on warships.
- It was produced by the M/s Economic Explosives Limited(EEL), (Nagpur, Maharashtra)a subsidiary of Solar Industries India Ltd.
- Satyanarayan Nandlal Nuwal, Chairman and Non Executive Director of the Solar Group handed over the first consignment of the ammunition to the Indian Navy’s Chief Vice Admiral SN Ghormade.
i.This is the first time that Indian Navy had placed an order on the Indian private industry to deliver complete gun ammunition which was completed in a record time of 12 months with propellent sources from the Bhandara Ordnance Factory in Nagpur.
ii.The Indian Navy had provided technical support in terms of finalisation of drawings, design specifications, inspection tools, proof and testing of ammunition.
iii.With the collaborative approach, the Indian Navy has successfully developed an alternate supply source for 30mm ammunition.
FIFA lifts ban on AIFF; India to host 7th Women’s U-17 World CupOn August 26, 2022, the World football governing body FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) lifted the ban imposed on the All India Football Federation (AIFF) after the Supreme Court (SC) terminated the mandate of the Committee of Administrators (CoA).
- Now, India will host 7th Under-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 which is already scheduled to be held on October 11-30, 2022 at three venues viz. Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar (Odisha), Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Margao (Goa), and DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- FIFA had suspended the AIFF on August 15 2022 for ‘undue influence from third parties’.It was for the first time that India is hosting the FIFA women’s football tournament.
i.This suspension, the first time in AIFF’s 85-year history, lasted just 11 days after the SC dissolved the three-member CoA, constituted by it in May 2022, and AIFF administration regained full control of the AIFF’s daily affairs, following which FIFA lifted the ban.
ii.FIFA and Asian Football Confederation (AFC) will continue to monitor the situation and will support the AIFF in conducting its elections in a timely manner which are now postponed to September 2, 2022 from August 28, 2022 to allow a changed electoral college and the start of the nomination process.
- The AIFF Presidential elections will be held between Bhaichung Bhutia and former goalkeeper Kalyan Chaubey.
On August 16, 2022, FIFA suspended AIFF for undue influence from third parties, which constitutes a serious violation of the FIFA Statutes.
- This decision followed the SC order on May 18, 2022 when it ousted Praful Patel as AIFF president for not holding elections due in December 2020 and appointed a three member CoA headed by former top court judge Anil Ramesh Dave, to manage the affairs of the AIFF.
Neeraj Chopra wins Athletissima Wanda Lausanne Diamond League 2022 title, Finishes 1st with 89.08m Javelin Throw
Tokyo Olympic champion(javelin throw), Neeraj Chopra won Athletissima Wanda Lausanne Diamond League 2022 title at La Pontaise Olympic stadium in Switzerland.
- with the massive throw to 89.08m (meters) in his first attempt, He became the first Indian to win the gold medal at a Diamond League meet.
- The effort also helped Neeraj Chopra qualify for the World Athletics Championships 2023, to be held in Budapest, Hungary.
- 2022 Diamond League is the 13th season of the annual series of outdoor track and field meetings, organized by World Athletics.
Highlights of the event:
i.Tokyo Olympics silver medallist Jakub Vadlejch finished second (with 85.88m) while Curtis Thompson of United States (US) was third (with 83.72m).
ii.The massive victory made Neeraj Chopra qualify for the Diamond League final, which is going to be held in Zurich, Switzerland on September 7-8 2022. He also became the first Indian to do so.
- He also qualified for the 2023 World Championships in Budapest, Hungary by breaching the 85.20m qualifying mark.
iii.The Lausanne Diamond League is the last chance for all men’s javelin throwers to qualify for the final.
iv.Currently , Neeraj Chopra is at the fourth spot in the Diamond League points table with 15 points, only the top six with most points at the end of Diamond League qualify for the final.
v.Before Neeraj Chopra, discus thrower Vikas Gowda is the only Indian to finish in top-three in a Diamond League Meet. He finished 2nd in New York (United States) in 2012 and in Doha (Qatar) in 2014 and 3rd in Shanghai (China) and Eugene (United States) in 2015.
About Wanda Diamond League:
i.The Wanda Diamond League encompasses 32 Diamond Disciplines, following a championship style model. Athletes earn points at the 13 series meetings to qualify for the final of their discipline.
ii.The winner of each Diamond Discipline at the Final will become “Diamond League Champion” and be awarded a Diamond Trophy, USD 30’000 prize money and a wild card for the World Athletics Championships
India won Bronze against S.Korea in Asian Men’s U18 Volleyball Championship
India defeated South Korea (3-2) and bagged the Bronze medal in the 14th Asian Men’s U18 Volleyball Championship 2022, which was held in Tehran, Iran. This marks India’s first podium place in the last 14 years, India won the bronze medal in 2008 defeating China.
- Japan and Iran won gold and Silver respectively.
- India have qualified for the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) 2023 U19 Volleyball World Championships along with Japan, Iran, and South Korea.
- Overall, Indian athletes have won five medals at the U18 Asian Boys’ Volleyball Championship.
- India defeated South Korea in the 2022 Premier Volleyball League too, but lost to Iran in the Semi-finals.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Pulapre Balakrishnan’s new book “India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi: A Brief History” Launched
Indian economist Pulapre Balakrishnan has authored a new book titled “India’s Economy From Nehru to Modi: A Brief History”. The book was published by Permanent Black.
- It highlights the significant economic policies and development made during the British Raj (1900-1 to 1946-7), Nehruvian period (1950-1 to 1964-5) and current time.
- It also provided the analysis of the impact of various multipurpose river-valley projects, mines, fertilizer plants and capital goods (machine tools, heavy electrical, transport equipment, iron and steel) in Indian economy.
Women’s Equality Day 2022- August 26
Women’s Equality Day is annually celebrated on August 26 across the United States of America (USA) to honour the women of America for gaining the constitutional right to vote.
- The day honours the ‘Nineteenth Amendment 1920’ of the constitution of the USA to give equal voting rights to women.
Andhra Pradesh Govt. Signs MoU with Parley for the Oceans to Save Seas From Pollution
On August 26, 2022, the Government of Andhra Pradesh signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with “Parley for the Oceans”, United States(US) based Environmental organization, for plastic-waste management.
- The MoU was signed during the programme held at AU Convention Centre, in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Global Alliance for a Sustainable Planet (GASP) will be partnering the project.
The MoU was signed by Audimulapu Suresh, Minister for Municipal Administration & Urban Development (MA&UD), Y. Sri Lakshmi MAUD Principal Secretary, and Cyrill Gutsch, Founder of “Parley for the Oceans”.
- The MoU was exchanged in the presence of Chief Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh, Yeduguri Sandinti (Y. S.) Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- To develop and implement improved sanitation and waste-management systems.
- To deploy AIR (Avoid Intercept & Redesign) plastic stations in approximately 500 places.
- To create 10 eco-innovation hubs.
- To intercept plastic wastes along the coastline, drains, irrigation channels and rivers
i.Parley for the Oceans will set up “Parley Super Hub”, in Visakhapatnam, where recycling and upcycling of plastic wastes will be done.
- The recycling unit will be set up in three stages in various capacities.
- The first stage will get ready in the next two years (expected), which could process 1,10,000MT wastes. In the second and third stages, the capacity doubles up.
ii.A “Parley Future Institute”, a cutting edge research centre for future new materials will also be established in Andhra Pradesh.
iii.As a part of the MoU, around Rs 16,000 crore investment is expected for Andhra Pradesh in the next 6 years.
- It will generate about 20,000 employment for the locals with a minimum of at least Rs 16,000 salary per month.
This programme will support the state’s vision to become plastic free by 2027.
Other initiative for waste management:
i.Andhra Pradesh introduced Clean Andhra Pradesh (CLAP) where around 4,097 garbage collecting vehicles were deployed.
- The programme increased the rural household garbage collection rate from 22% to 60 %.
About Andhra Pradesh(AP):
Chief Minister (CM)- Yeduguri Sandinti Jagan Mohan Reddy
Tiger Reserve- Nagarjuna Sagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve
Zoological Parks- Sri Venkateswara Zoological Park , Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 28 & 29 August 2022|
|1||38th Ministerial level JRC Meeting of India and Bangladesh was held in New Delhi|
|2||MoD Approves DRDO developed guided rockets for Pinaka weapon system for IA|
|3||The World’s First Hydrogen-Powered Train Fleet in Germany|
|4||Bangladesh Railway & India LoC signed Consultancy Contract for 2 Railway Projects|
|5||On the National Day of Gabon, IETO and Gabon Embassy launched India GABON Business Council|
|6||Bank Credit Growth increased to 14.2% in Q1FY23: RBI Data|
|7||IRDAI provides more Flexibility to Insurers by easing Limits for Insurance Commission|
|8||NMDFC Signs MoU with ICICI Bank for Development of Banking Software & App|
|9||India Hands Over USD 1 million to BIMSTEC Secretariat’s Operational Budget|
|10||Axis Bank and KMRL launches kochi1 Card offer for Onam|
|11||GeM Portal Procures 8,200 Crore from Various Registered Startups|
|12||IOC to spend Rs. 2 lakh cr. for net-zero emissions|
|13||Indian Navy Receives First-ever Fully Indigenous AK-630 Gun Ammunition|
|14||FIFA lifts ban on AIFF; India to host 7th Women’s U-17 World Cup|
|15||Neeraj Chopra wins Athletissima Wanda Lausanne Diamond League 2022 title, Finishes 1st with 89.08m Javelin Throw|
|16||India won Bronze against S.Korea in Asian U18 Volleyball Championship|
|17||Pulapre Balakrishnan’s new book “India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi: A Brief History” Launched|
|18||Women’s Equality Day 2022- August 26|
|19||Andhra Pradesh Govt. Signs MoU with Parley for the Oceans to Save Seas From Pollution|