We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 25 & 26 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Scheme for Special Assistance to States for Capital Investment for 2022-23 Launched
On September 23, 2022, the Government of India (GoI) launched a Scheme for Special Assistance to States for Capital Investment for 2022-23 under which States Governments will get financial assistance in the form of 50-year interest free loan for capital investment projects.
i.GoI has allocated Rs 3000 crore for Part V (Optical Fibre Cable) of the Scheme. It will be available to States for capital projects on the OFC network.
ii.On the recommendation of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications, the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance has recently approved proposals of 4 States viz. Uttarakhand (Rs 50 crore), Jharkhand (Rs 84 crore), Haryana (Rs 65 crore) and Karnataka (Rs 156 crore).
Budget announcement of Scheme:
i.Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Ministry of Finance while presenting the Union Budget 2022-23 enhanced the outlay for the Scheme for Financial Assistance to States for Capital Investment from Rs. 10,000 crore in Budget Estimates (BE) 2021-22 to Rs 15,000 crore in Revised Estimates (RE) 2021-22.
ii.For 2022-23, the allocation is Rs 1 lakh crore to assist the states in catalyzing overall investments in the economy.
iii.This allocation will be used for PM GatiShakti related and other productive capital investment of the states. It will also include components for:
- Supplemental funding for priority segments of PM Gram Sadak Yojana, including support for the states’ share
- Digitization of the economy
- Reforms related to building bylaws, town planning schemes, transit-oriented development, and transferable development rights
Vitamin Angels India partners with UNICEF India for ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022’; to combat under-nutrition in India
Vitamin Angels India announced a partnership with the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) India for ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022’ (Poshan Maah 2022) to address under-nutrition in the country.The partnership will extend into the launch of the Poshan Innovation Platform (PIP) in January 2023 with the same aim (to fight with undernutrition).
- Under the Government’s Poshan Maah campaign, the partnerships aim to spread nutrition-related awareness.
- Also to improve the nutritional status of mothers and children under 5 years.
Aim of Poshan Innovation Platform (PIP):
- The PIP aims to develop continuous sandboxing of ideas, mentoring by experts, and seed funding by the private sector.
- The initiative calls for ideas for innovations around Maternal, Infant, and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) interventions from across the country.
About ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022’:
The campaign ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah ’ is annually celebrated in the full month of September (1 to 30) across India by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD), which was launched in 2018.The ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022’ is the 5th year of the campaign.
i.The activities on nutrition-related awareness are primarily focused on vulnerable communities with low awareness of nutritional security.
ii. The 5th National Family Health Survey (NFHS) (2019-2021) has indicated a slight improvement in undernutrition indicators, but several other associated factors of deficiencies in children continued to be major challenges.
India’s 1st & World’s 3rd University of Forestry to open in Telangana
The Telangana Legislative Assembly and Council has approved the University of forestry (UoF) Act-2022. It will be India’s 1st & world’s 3rd Forestry university.
- In the World, only Russia and China have forest universities.
- The Forest College & Research Institute (FCRI) will be upgraded as a University by way of legislation, to nurture it as a world-class institution for Forestry Education, Research, Extension and Outreach.
i.Telangana Government has decided to expand Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI), Hyderabad, Telangana into a full-fledged University of Forestry (UoF). FCRI will be added 18 courses and 300 seats to upgrade it to UoF.
ii. The 18 additional courses are, PhD courses, diplomas and certificate courses in the streams of Urban Forestry, Nursery Management, Agro-Forestry, Tribal Livelihood Enhancement, Forest Entrepreneurship, Climate Smart Forestry, and Forest Parks Management, the note informed.
iii.Upgradation of FCRI as UoF will increase student strength from 360 to 726 and staff strength increase from 118 to 210.
iv.Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao, Chief Minister of Telangana will be the Chancellor of the University of Forestry.
Chief Minister- K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor- Tamilisai Soundararajan
DPIIT Report: AP Emerges as India’s Top Investment Destination Between Jan-July 2022According to a report (July 2022) released by the Department for Promotion of Industries and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI), Andhra Pradesh (AP) has emerged as India’s top investment destination, attracting a substantial share of investments worth Rs. 40,361 crore between January – July 2022.
- During this period, India’s actual industrial investment amounted to Rs. 1,71,285 crore.
Of India’s total industrial investments, AP contributed 23.56 %. Odisha came in second with Rs. 36,828 crore.
i.With an emphasis on investments in renewable energy and port-based sectors, the AP government has designated 29 locations suitable and viable for renewable power projects.
ii.Given that AP has the second longest coastline (972 km) in India, the AP government has begun development of 3 additional ports and nine fishing harbours, in addition to the six existing ports.
About Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI):
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Minister of State (MoS) – Anupriya Singh Patel; Som Parkash
>> Read Full News
India to receive 1st 100% Ethanol & Electric Car
On October 2022, India will receive its 1st Flex-Fuel Vehicle (FFV) which can run on ethanol blended petrol and battery.In the 2nd week of October, Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways will flag off the car.
- Brazil-based Flex Fuel Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicles (FFV-SHEV) will be used as a model to assess their reduced carbon emissions performance.
- On 21st September 2022, the 1st 100% ethanol & electric car landed in India at an event hosted by the sugar industry.
- FFV have engines that can operate on flexible fuel, a combination of petrol and ethanol, producing up to 100% ethanol.
- According to industry sources, the car which will be used for the research purpose can run on ethanol blended petrol of up to 100% and on electricity generated during the drive.
Note: So far, only Indian two-wheeler manufacturers have launched flex-fuel bikes.
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI permits REITs, InvITs to issue Commercial Papers
On September 22, 2022, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) permitted Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), and Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) to issue Commercial Papers (CPs), subject to certain conditions.
- This decision follows the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) CP Directions in August 2022 which enabled InvIT and REIT having net worth of at least Rs 100 crore to issue CP.
- CPs is a short-term debt instrument issued by companies to garner funds generally for a time period up to 1 year.
The notification for REIT was issued by SEBI in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the SEBI Act, 1992 and Regulation 33 of the SEBI (REITs) Regulations, 2014. For InvIT, it was issued by SEBI in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the SEBI Act, 1992 and Regulation 33 of the SEBI (InvITs) Regulations, 2014.
i.Both investment vehicles should adhere to the guidelines prescribed by RBI for issuance of CPs.
ii.Both should also abide by the conditions of listing norms prescribed by SEBI under SEBI (Issue and Listing of Non-Convertible Securities) Regulations, 2021 and circulars issued thereunder.
iii.The issuance of listed CPs should be within the overall debt limit permitted under SEBI (REIT) Regulations, 2014 for REITs, and SEBI (InvIT) Regulations, 2014 for InvITs.
iv.REIT comprises a portfolio of commercial real assets, while InvITs comprise a portfolio of infrastructure assets such as highways, and power transmission assets.
About Commercial Paper (CP):
- It is introduced in India in 1990.
- CPs have a minimum maturity of 7 days and a maximum of up to 1 year from the date of issue.
- It can be issued in denominations of Rs 5 lakh or multiples thereof.
World Bank Approves USD 350 Million for Gujarat’s Health Sector
The World Bank’s (WB) Executive Board of Directors approved a USD 350 million (over Rs 2,832 crore) loan to Gujarat to improve the quality and access of its public healthcare services, with a special focus on adolescent girls and disease surveillance through the Systems Reform Endeavours for Transformed Health Achievement in Gujarat (SRESTHA-G) Program.
- The USD 350 Million loan sanctioned by the International Bank of Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the funding arm of the WB, has a maturity of 18 years including a grace period of 5.5 years.
About SRESTHA-G Program:
i.The SRESTHA-G Program will enable people to access a wide range of high-quality health services including reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health, communicable and non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
ii.The program focuses on improving the health and nutrition of adolescent girls and boys. This will be prioritised in 14 districts where more than 70% of adolescent girls are anaemic.
- Around 69% of adolescent girls and 36% of adolescent boys in Gujarat suffer from anaemia.
- Adding to this, 10% of rural and 5% of urban residents in Gujarat suffer from mental health issues.
iii.This Program will also support a population-based screening process through local Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA) and Auxiliary Nurse Midwives (ANM).
- This programme will also support Gujarat to develop Surveillance systems for early detection of communicable and non-communicable disease outbreaks.
UCO Bank Becomes the First Lender to Receive RBI Approval for Rupee Trade
UCO Bank, a Public sector lender, has become the first bank to receive approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to open a special vostro account with Russian bank ‘Gazprombank’ (Joint Stock Company) for the settlement of transactions in Indian Rupees (INR).
- Previously, in July 2022, the RBI published a circular enabling trade settlements between India and other nations, including Sri Lanka and Russia, to be made in Indian rupees (INR).
i.Indian importers undertaking the INR trade mechanism will make payments in INR for their purchases against invoices from international sellers and suppliers.
- These payments must be credited to the special vostro account at the correspondent bank of the partner country.
ii.The market will establish the exchange rate between the currencies of the two trading partners.
iii.Indian exporters sending goods and services using this mechanism should be paid in INR from balances in the specified special Vostro account of the partner country’s correspondent bank.
Gazprombank of Russia
Gazprombank, a Russian lender, was established by Gazprom, the world’s largest gas producer and exporter, to provide banking services to gas industry enterprises.
- It is one of the top three banks in Russia and has been in operation since 1990.
Other Related Fact: The Union government designated UCO Bank as the payment bank for Iranian oil purchases in 2012. Since 2019, India has stopped purchasing oil from Iran.
About UCO Bank
MD & CEO – Soma Sankara Prasad
Establishment – 1943
Headquarters – Kolkata, West Bengal
Tagline – Honours your Trust
HDFC ERGO Partners with HDFC Life to Launch Click2Protect Optima Secure
On 23 September 2022, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. (HDFC ERGO) partnered with HDFC Life launched ‘Click2Protect Optima Secure’ to offer all-round protection to customers.
Objective: It is a comprehensive financial protection plan and offers the dual benefits of health and life insurance.
About ‘Click2Protect Optima Secure’ :
i.Under the health insurance component, customers can avail a sum insured ranging from Rs 5 Lakh to Rs 2 Crore. It will provide un-complicated financial planning for customers by offering the term life insurance with a minimum sum assured of Rs 50,000.
- This plan also comes with ‘Individual’ and ‘Family Floater’ options.
ii.HDFC ERGO General Insurance will service the health insurance part and life insurance part will be serviced by HDFC Life.
Additional benefits :
i.Life Insurance Protection: It covers up to 85 years of age. In the floaters policy, the eldest member of the family is covered.
ii.Attractive Premium Discounts:The plan offers 2.5% loyalty discount for existing HDFC ERGO retail customers, long term discount of 7.5% and 10% on 2 year and 3 year policies and 10% family discount, if two or more family members are covered under the same ‘individual’ policy.
iii.Pre and post hospitalization medical expenses: It covers medical expenses for consultations, investigations and medicines incurred up to 60 days prior and up to 180 days post hospitalization.
- It also provides comprehensive coverage by offering a ‘Lumpsum’ payout on diagnosis of any of the listed 51 critical Illnesses.
About HDFC Life:
MD &CEO- Vibha Padalkar
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Cochin International Airport Limited won Airport Service Quality Award 2022
The Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) has won the Airport Service Quality Award-2022 in the 5 to 15 million passenger category of airports operating in the Asia-Pacific region.The Airport Service Quality Award is instituted by the Airport Council International (ACI).
- The award recognized CIAL’s implementation of ‘Mission Safeguarding’ program that was implemented in 2021-22 to ensure seamless traffic and passenger satisfaction after COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is considered as the highest honour in the global aviation sector owing to its extensive survey methodology practices.
i.The award was received by the CIAL Chairman Pinarayi Vijayan and its Managing Director (MD) S. Suhas from ACI World Director General Luis Felipe de Oliveira at a function held at Krakow, Poland.
- The event was organised in connection with the ACI Customer Experience Global Summit 2022.
ii.The airport registered a growth of 92.66% in passenger volume and 60.06% in air traffic movement. CIAL also improved its position as the third-busiest airport in India in terms of international traffic.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Dilip Tirkey elected new Hockey India president
The former India captain and Olympian Dilip Tirkey has been elected unopposed as the new President of Hockey India (HI).He became the Hockey India’s first player-president.
- Bhola Nath has been elected unopposed as secretary general.
- Adille Sumariwalla, who is also a former players, is president of Athletics Federation of India (AFI).
i.The appointment was approved by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
ii.Dilip Tirkey was elected after Uttar Pradesh (UP)’s Hockey chief Rakesh Katyal and Jharkhand’s chief Hockey ‘s Bhola Nath Singh withdrew their nominations for the president’s post.
About Dilip Tirkey:
i.Dilip Tirkey hails from Sundargarh (Odisha), is a former Indian field hockey player.
ii.He made his debut in 1995 against England. He represented India in 1996 Atlanta, 2000 Sydney and 2004 Athens Olympics.
- He is the only tribal hockey player to represent India in three Olympics.
- He was an ex-captain of the Indian Hockey Team.
iii.Currently he is working as the chairman of Odisha Hockey Promotion Council.He also served as chairman of Odisha Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC).
Chief Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari appointed as chairman of PMLA appellate tribunal
Chief Justice of Madras High Court (HC), Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari was appointed as the Chairman of the Appellate Tribunal under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
- He was appointed by the President of India for a period of 4 years, or till attaining the age of 70 or until further orders, whichever is the earliest in terms of Tribunal (Conditions of Service) Rules, 2021 in Tribunal Reforms Act, 2021.
- The order was issued by the Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance.
- The post of the Chairperson of the Tribunal was vacant since September 2019.
- The Tribunal for Forfeiture of Property under the SAFEMA (Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators Act) and the PMLA Appellate Tribunal were merged in 2016 through the Finance Act, 2016.
NPCI re-appoints Dilip Asbe as MD & CEO for 5 years
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has approved the re-appointment of Dilip Asbe as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NPCI for a period of 5 years, with effect from 8th January 2023 to 7th January 2028 during its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 22nd September 2022.
About Dilip Asbe:
i.Dilip Asbe joined NPCI in January 2010 as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and later served as Chief Operating Officer from 2013 to 2018.
ii.He was appointed as the CEO-in-charge in August 2017 following the retirement of former MD and CEO of NPCI, Abhaya Prasad Hota.
iii. In 2018, he was appointed as the acting MD & CEO.
iv.He played a vital role in the management of large-scale innovative payments processing platforms like Unified Payments Interface (UPI), Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) and RuPay.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- Dilip Asbe
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
Dr Rajiv Bahl appointed as New Director General of ICMR
On 23rd September 2022, Dr Rajiv Bahl was appointed as the new Director General (DG) of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Secretary of the Department of Health Research, for a period of 3 years.
- The appointment of Dr Rajiv Bahl DG of ICMR & Secretary of the Department of Health Research was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Dr Rajiv Bahl will replace Dr Balram Bhargava who was appointed as ICMR DG on April 2018, for a 4-year term., whose term was extended by 3 months in April 2022.
- Currently, Dr Rajiv Bahl is the Head of Research on Maternal, Newborn Child, and Adolescent Health and Ageing, World Health Organization (WHO), Geneva, Switzerland.
- He had trained as a Paediatrician in Delhi, India, and obtained his PhD in public health, joined WHO in 2008. He was a Senior Scientist at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for 10 years before joining WHO.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Israeli Navy test-fires Gabriel V Anti-Ship Missile from Sa’ar 6 corvette
The Israeli Navy successfully tested the newest generation of anti-ship missiles namely ‘Gabriel V’ which is the 5th generation of anti-ship missiles developed by Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI) and the Defense Ministry’s Directorate of Research and Development (MAFAT).
- It is a surface-to-surface missile, also known as the Blue Spear, and ANAM (Advanced Naval Attack Missile)
- The Sa’ar 6-class corvette (INS Oz) fired a missile at a dummy ship, destroying it. This was the first anti-ship missile test from the new Sa’ar 6 corvette of the Israeli Navy.
i.Gabriel V featuring sea-skimming capabilities is designed to strike targets in contested, congested and complex scenarios even with sophisticated countermeasures.
ii.The system has combined anti-ship and land attack capabilities with a range of 290 km at high sub-sonic speed. It has beyond line of sight strike capabilities and can strike both mobile or stationary targets.
iii.The missile weighs 760 kg, is 4.3 meters long and possesses a 150kg high explosive munition warhead.
iv.It can be launched with a fire-and-forget mode or fire and update version.
v.It does not fly in a straight line toward its target, making it difficult for a radar or optical system of an interceptor to detect and hit.
vi.Gabriel V missiles are installed in Sa’ar 6-class corvettes, replacing the Gabriel IV missiles built in the 1990s.
Government launches ISL Mobile App ‘Sign Learn’ with 1,000 words
On 23rd September 2022, the Government of India launched an Indian Sign Language (ISL) dictionary mobile app named ‘Sign Learn’ which contains 1,000 words.This is based on the dictionary of Indian Sign Language Research And Training Centre (ISLRTC).
- ‘Sign Learn’ was launched by the Union Minister of State (MoS) for Social Justice and Empowerment Pratima Bhoumik, at the event of “Sign Language Day” on 23rd September 2022, New Delhi, Delhi.
- The app is available on Android and iOS (iPhone Operating System) versions, and the words in the app can be searched in Hindi or English medium.
e-Content of NCERT with ISLRTC:
i.On 6th October 2020, ISLRTC signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) to change NCERT textbooks from Class I to XII into Indian Sign Language (digital format) to make the textbooks accessible to the children with hearing disabilities.
- Recently in 2022, ISL e-Content of NCERT textbooks of class 6 was launched.
iii. Under the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ campaign, the Government launched ISL versions of selected books of the National Book Trust’s ‘Veergatha’ series.
iv.With the joint effort of ISLRTC and NCERT, 500 academic words in Indian Sign Language were launched. These are the secondary-level academic words used in history, science, political science and mathematics.
ISRO develops Microprocessor-Controlled Smart Limbs
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has developed 1.6 kg Microprocessor-Controlled Knees (MPKs), an intelligent artificial limb, which will benefit above-knee amputees to walk with a comfortable gait.
- MPKs will offer extended capabilities for the amputee than those offered by the passive limbs that do not use the microprocessors.
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), ISRO under an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Institute for Locomotor Disabilities (NILD), Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya National Institute for Persons with Physical Disabilities (Divyangjan) (PDUNIPPD (D)), and Artificial Limb Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO).
The trials were conducted with the clearance of the Joint Project Monitoring Committee (JPMC). The device was tested with an amputee, identified by NILD for conducting walking trials. The trials were conducted at the NILD lab jointly by NILD and VSSC.
- It has enabled an amputee to walk about 100 m in the corridor with minimum support.
i.MPKs currently available commercially in India are imported which costs range from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 60 lakh. The MPKs under development, once commercialised, are expected to cost around Rs 4 lakh to Rs 5 lakh.
ii.An MPK consists of a microprocessor, hydraulic damper, load & knee angle sensors, composite knee-case, Li-ion battery, electrical harness, and interface elements.
- The microprocessor detects the state of gait based on the sensor data.
- The control software estimates the real-time damping needed to attain the desired gait by changing the stiffness of the system which is achieved by a DC motor-operated hydraulic damper.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu releases a book about collection of selected speeches of Prime Minister
Former Vice President (VP) of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu unveiled the book titled ‘’Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas Sabka Vishwas”, a collection of selected speeches of the Prime Minister.
- This book is an encyclopedia of Shri Narendra Modi’s ideas on various Government schemes. In this compilation, readers will find speeches given on historical occasions – such as the 250th session of the Rajya Sabha, the speech given on the completion of 100 years of ASSOCHAM, Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh after the removal of Article 370 on 8 August 2019.
About ‘’Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas Sabka Vishwas”:
i.The book is a compilation of 86 speeches in 10 chapters of the Prime Minister(PM), Narendra Modi from May 2019 to May 2020 on various subjects.
ii.The book is divided into ten thematic areas, these speeches reflect the PM’s vision for ‘New India’. These well-distributed sections are – Aatmanirbhar Bharat: Economy, People-First Governance, Fight Against Covid-19, Emerging India: Foreign Affairs, Jai Kisan, Tech India-New India, Green India-Resilient India-Clean India, Fit India-Efficient India, Eternal India-Modern India: Cultural Heritage, and Mann ki Baat.
iii.The book highlights contributions of various schemes such as Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), Swachha Bharat Mission (SBM), innovation in field of science and technology, agriculture and agro-businesses, employment, from Gramoday to Rashtroday, India’s journey to becoming self-reliant.
iv.The English version as well as Hindi version are published by Publications Division and these books can also be purchased online through Publications Division’s website as well as Bharatkosh platform. The e-books are also available on Amazon and Google Play.
Key people: The Governor of Kerala Arif Mohammed Khan and Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Anurag Thakur in a function organised by the Directorate of Publications Division were present at the book launch.
Principal Scientific Adviser to GoI and British High Commissioner unveil the book She Is – Women in STEAM
On September 21, 2022, the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India (GoI), Prof. Ajay Sood, and the British High Commissioner (BHC) Alex Ellis unveiled the book titled ‘’She Is–Women in STEAM’’ authored by ElsaMarie D’Silva and Supreet K Singh.
- The book honors 75 women in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) celebrating 75 years of independence of India and gender, leadership, and sustainable development in the fields of STEAM.
Hamar Beti, Hamar Maan’: Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel announces campaign for women safety
On 23 September 2022, The Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh, Bhupesh Baghel announced the ‘Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan’ (Our Daughter Our Pride) campaign for women’s safety and their empowerment in society.
About ‘Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan’ campaign:
i.Under the campaign, the girls will be educated about various necessary subjects, including their legal rights, good touch-bad touch, and sexual crimes.
ii.Chhattisgarh state Women officers and employees of Chhattisgarh police will communicate, guide, and teach the girls in schools and colleges about their legal rights, cyber crime, protection from social media crimes and their rights.
- The women in educational institutes of Chhattisgarh will be trained regarding the usage of the application developed specifically for women’s safety.
iii.A special team of police will be set up to patrol the girl’s schools, colleges, and other prominent places with the specific presence of females.
iv.The IG (Inspector General) Range will be responsible for ensuring that the probe in such matters is completed within a stipulated time and a challan is also presented.
v.A special ‘Hamar Beti Hamar Maan’ helpline will be launched and a mobile number will be shared in the public domain for women and girls to report their complaints or problem regarding any misbehaviour or crime against them.
Governor- Anusuiya Uikey
Chief Minister- Bhupesh Baghel
Festivals- Maati Ti’aar, Parad
Dance- Panthi Dance , Raut Nacha
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 25 & 26 September 2022|
|1||Scheme for Special Assistance to States for Capital Investment for 2022-23 Launched|
|2||Vitamin Angels India partners with UNICEF India for ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022’; to combat under-nutrition in India|
|3||India’s 1st & World’s 3rd University of Forestry to open in Telangana|
|4||DPIIT Report: AP Emerges as India’s Top Investment Destination Between Jan-July 2022|
|5||India to receive 1st 100% Ethanol & Electric Car|
|6||SEBI permits REITs, InvITs to issue Commercial Papers|
|7||World Bank Approves USD 350 Million for Gujarat’s Health Sector|
|8||UCO Bank Becomes the First Lender to Receive RBI Approval for Rupee Trade|
|9||HDFC ERGO Partners with HDFC Life to Launch Click2Protect Optima Secure to Offer All-round Protection|
|10||Cochin International Airport Limited won Airport Service Quality Award 2022|
|11||Dilip Tirkey elected new Hockey India president|
|12||Chief Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari appointed as chairman of PMLA appellate tribunal|
|13||NPCI re-appoints Dilip Asbe as MD & CEO for 5 years|
|14||Dr Rajiv Bahl appointed as New Director General of ICMR|
|15||Israeli Navy test-fires Gabriel V Anti-Ship Missile from Sa’ar 6 corvette|
|16||Government launches ISL Mobile App ‘Sign Learn’ with 1,000 words|
|17||ISRO develops Microprocessor-Controlled Smart Limbs|
|18||Former VP M. Venkaiah Naidu releases a book about collection of selected speeches of PM Narendra Modi|
|19||Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel announces ‘Hamar Beti, Hamar Maan’ Campaign for Women Safety|