We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 24 December 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Defence ministry approves 24 Capital Procurement Proposals worth Rs 84,328 cri.On December 22, 2022, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for 24 Capital Acquisition Proposals worth Rs 84,328 crores during the DAC meeting chaired by Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence.
ii.The proposals include 6 for Indian Army (IA), 6 for Indian Air Force (IAF), 10 for Indian Navy (IN) and 2 for Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
iii.Out of 24 proposals, 21 proposals worth Rs 82,127 crore (97.4%)will be procured from indigenous sources.
iv.IN will get naval anti-ship missiles, multi-purpose vessels and high endurance autonomous vehicles to further enhance maritime strength.
About Ministry of Defence (MoD):
Union Minister– Rajnath Singh (Constituency- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS)– Ajay Bhatt (Constituency- Nainital, Udhamsingh Nagar, Uttarakhand)
>> Read Full News
UP’s Sania Mirza is about to become India’s 1st Muslim Woman Fighter PilotSania Mirza from Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh, who cleared the National Defence Academy (NDA) exam and secured 149th rank, is set to become India’s 1st Muslim female fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force (IAF) and UP’s 1st IAF pilot.
- On 27th December 2022, she will join NDA Khadakwasla in Pune, Maharashtra.
Note: The NDA exam was held to fill 400 seats, 19 of which were reserved for women candidates. 2 of these 19 seats were reserved for fighter pilots.
About Sania Mirza:
i. Sania pursued her schooling in a Hindi medium school. She was the district topper in the 12th UP Board.
ii. Sania Mirza lives in the village of Jasovar, UP, which is close to the Dehat Kotwali police station.
iii. She attended a school with a Hindi-speaking curriculum. She pursued her education from primary to 10th at Pandit Chintamani Dubey Inter College, Inter College from the village.
iv. She passed the 12th exam from Guru Nanak Girls Inter College in Mirzapur, UP, and became a district topper in the UP class 12th board.
i. In 2016, the IAF commissioned 3 women as fighter pilots. Avani Chaturvedi, Bhawana Kanth, and Mohana Singh created history by becoming the 1st female combat pilots in the IAF.
ii. The 1st female Rafale fighter pilot is Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh, who was commissioned in 2017.
iii. Captain Abhilasha Barak is the 1st woman Combat Aviator in the Indian Army.
Two More CCRAS-CARI Institute Receives NABH and NABL Accreditation
The Central Ayurvedic Research Institute (CARI), New Delhi in Delhi, and the CARI, Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh, two of the leading institutions under the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) of the Ministry of Ayush, have received National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) and National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) accreditations, respectively.
- NABH is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India (QCI), which was established to design and operate accreditation programmes for healthcare institutions.
Besides these two CCRAS institutions, the National Ayurveda Research Institute for Panchakarma (NARIP), Cheruthuruthy, Thrissur, Kerala, has received NABL M(EL)T accreditation for clinical laboratory services.
- NARIP, Kerala, is one of the leading research institutes under the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences, Ministry of Ayush.
Bharti Airtel, Apollo Hospitals conduct India’s first 5G-driven colonoscopy
i.Bharti Airtel and Apollo Hospitals collaborated with technology companies HealthNet Global, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Avesha to perform India’s first 5G-driven, artificial intelligence (AI)-guided colonoscopy trials.
ii.The trial was carried out with AI on Airtel’s 5G technology, which has ultra-low latency and high processing capabilities, resulting in the detection of colon cancer much faster and with greater accuracy.
- Colon cancer is currently detected through a colonoscopy procedure that is manual, requiring close attention for precision, and is time-consuming.
iii.Avesha edge inferencing applications on AWS platforms processed the data in real-time, ensuring analysis closer to the endpoints.
iv.The AI-Assisted Colonoscopy Polyp Detection trial will support doctors in improving patient care and detection rates by correctly recording data and eliminating errors.
- Proper and timely diagnosis can be aided by the usage of 5G, edge computing, and AI, leading to improved patient outcomes.
WRI & GEF to form Secretariat for preservation of 30% land, ocean by 2030
The High Ambition Coalition (HAC) for Nature and People has announced the establishment of a new permanent secretariat, which will be co-hosted by the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
- HAC will lead a historic endeavour to protect and conserve at least 30% of the world’s land and oceans by 2030 (“30×30”) under the new Secretariat.
- Currently, about 17% of all land and a little over 8% of the ocean are covered by protected areas and Other Effective Area-Based Conservation Measures (OECMs).
i.At the Conference of the Parties (COP 15) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), a formal agreement was reached to protect and conserve 30% of the planet’s land and oceans by 2030.
- To accomplish this, the world must now double its land protections and more than quadruple existing ocean protections by the end of 2030.
ii.The Secretariat will maintain political engagement and commitment to the 30×30 target as the coalition gears up to enter its second phase (HAC 2.0).
- By mapping, matching, and mobilising financial resources and technical assistance to support country implementation initiatives, it will further enhance capacity building and knowledge sharing for national implementation.
iii.The HAC members have agreed to work together to develop an operational instrument that will aid in achieving the “30×30” target of the Global Biodiversity Framework.
High Ambition Coalition (HAC) for Nature and People
i.The HAC for Nature and People is an intergovernmental group of 116 countries co-chaired by Costa Rica and France, with the United Kingdom (UK) serving as ocean co-chair.
- It was officially launched during the One Planet Summit in Paris, France in 2021.
ii.Since its inception, the HAC has raised its political ambition in order to halt the growing loss of species while also safeguarding key ecosystems that provide the world with economic security.
iii.The coalition will continue to assist nations in creating and administering new protected or preserved areas as well as OECMs as it enters its implementation phase.
- The coalition is also devoted to extending its support for indigenous peoples and local communities, particularly the promotion of their conservation leadership.
Note: Carlos Manuel Rodriguez is the CEO and Chairperson of Global Environment Facility (GEF).
About the World Resources Institute (WRI):
WRI is a global nonprofit organisation that works with leaders in government, business, and civil society to research, design, and implement practical solutions that improve people’s lives while also ensuring nature’s survival.
President and CEO – Ani Dasgupta
Founded – 1982
Headquarters -Washington, DC, United States
BANKING & FINANCE
NSE receives SEBI’s in-principle approval to set up Social Stock Exchange as a Separate Segment
Mumbai (Maharashtra) based National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has received in-principle approval from the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to set up Social Stock Exchange (SSE) as a separate segment of the NSE.
- SSE was proposed in the Union Budget of 2019-20 to create a platform for listing social enterprises and voluntary organizations.
- This exchange will enable social enterprises to raise capital through equity or debt instruments.
i.To enable fundraising through SSE for not-for-profit organizations (NPOs), the government introduced ‘zero coupon zero principal’ under the Securities Contracts Regulations Act, 1956.
ii.This instrument can be publicly or privately issued by NPOs upon registering with SSE to raise funds.
iii.Currently, the minimum issue size is Rs 1 crore and minimum application size for subscription at Rs 2 lakh.
- Subscription to this instrument will be like a philanthropic donation.
iv.In October 2022, BSE had received in-principle approval for setting up an SSE
v.Countries like Brazil, Portugal, South Africa, the United Kingdom (UK), Canada and Singapore already have established SSE.
i.Social enterprises eligible to participate in the SSE will be NPOs and for-profit social enterprises having social intent and impact as their primary goal. The social enterprises will have to engage in a social activity out of 16 broad activities. These include the following:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty, malnutrition and inequality; promoting healthcare, supporting education, employability and livelihoods; gender equality, empowerment of women and LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Or Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, and More) communities; and supporting incubators of social enterprise.
ii.Corporate foundations, political or religious organizations or activities, professional or trade associations, infrastructure and housing companies, except affordable housing will not be eligible to be identified as a social enterprise.
Tata Power Receives Rs. 450 Crore Credit Facility from Japan’s MUFG Bank
Tata Power Company Limited (Tata Power) has acquired a Rs. 450 crore “sustainable trade finance facility” from MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) Bank of Japan to fund two solar projects under TP Kirnali Limited (TPKL). The two solar power projects are:
- A 100 MW (megawatt) renewable energy project in Parthur, Maharashtra
- A 120 MW green energy project in Mesanka, Gujarat
TPKL, a clean energy platform founded in 2020 and a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL), will carry out both projects.
- TPREL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power.
i.It is MUFG’s first sustainable trade finance facility in India, and TPKL will use the funds to create renewable energy capacity.
ii.As Tata Power expands its clean energy portfolio and contributes to India’s net-zero targets, the collaboration will open up potential avenues for green financing.
- The credit facility will assist Tata Power in attaining net-zero emissions by 2045.
iii.This agreement further establishes MUFG as a prominent ESG (environmental, social, and governance) financier in the Asia-Pacific region.
- With this agreement, MUFG and Tata Power are able to support their shared commitment to renewable energy and give India a sustainable source of green energy.
iv.MUFG has committed to achieving net-zero emissions in its finance portfolio by 2050 and in its own operations by the end 2030.
v.MUFG extended a USD 163 million syndicated finance credit for Azure Power’s 300 MW solar project in Rajasthan.
vi.Previously, MUFG and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation acted as major lenders for an almost USD 205.31 million project loan facility for Adani Green Energy’s subsidiary to help refinance its debt.
About the Tata Power Company Limited (Tata Power):
Tata Power is the largest integrated power company in India.
CEO & Managing Director (MD) – Dr. Praveer Sinha
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
NTPC Ltd & GE Power Sign MoU to Reduce Carbon Intensity from Coal-Based Power Plants NTPC Ltd. (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited), India’s largest power generating utility, and GE Power India Limited (GE Power), a listed entity of GE Steam Power in India, inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore the feasibility of reducing the carbon footprint of NTPC’s existing coal-fired power plants.
- The MoU represents the commitment of NTPC Ltd. to adopt cutting-edge power technology in an attempt to decarbonize India’s power generation.
- This is a first-of-its-kind initiative toward decarbonizing India’s coal sector.
i.With the help of this agreement, NTPC will gradually replace the coal that is fired at its units with co-firing of carboneous and non-carboneous fuels while also reducing the amount of coal fired at units.
- Carboneous elements include methanol, carbon-neutral fuel, agri-waste, and biomass, whereas non-carboneous elements include ammonia.
ii.The primary objective of this collaboration is to enable and support NTPC in co-firing methanol and biomass pellets at levels greater than 20% and up to 100%.
iii.Additionally, it will explore the possibility of adding ammonia as a co-firing fuel and develop, test, and demonstrate technology that enables complete co-firing with lower carbon fuels in coal-fired power plants.
- Furthermore, since coal is India’s only baseload alternative, it will help lower carbon footprint from a consistent source of power for decades to come.
iv.NTPC plans to reduce the carbon footprint of its 57 GW (gigawatts) of coal-fired units.
- It aspires to reduce its carbon footprint from coal-fired power plants by co-firing alternative fuels such as carbon-neutral fuel, green methanol, and green ammonia.
- This is a part of ‘The Brighter Plan 2032’ of NTPC, which intends to set new standards for sustainability across India’s entire energy value chain.
About the NTPC Ltd. (formerly National Thermal Power Corporation Limited):
Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) – Gurdeep Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Establishment – 1975
IOCL selects Reliance Jio to manage Network Services for its Retail Outlets
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, JioBusiness, has won the Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) order for providing an SD-WAN (Software Defined Wide Area Network) solution that will power IOCL’s retail automation and critical business processes.
Reliance Jio will be deploying and managing SD-WAN for IOCL across its 7,200 retail outlets for a period of 5 years.
- The retail outlets are payment processing, daily price updates, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) software and network monitoring with enterprise-grade connectivity, Quality of Service (QOS) and 24×7 support across 28 states and 8 Union Territories (UT).
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Winners of Sahitya Akademi Awards 2022; Anuradha Roy; M. Rajendran; Badri Narayan among winnersOn 22nd December 2022, the Sahitya Akademi announced the winners of Sahitya Akademi Awards 2022, the annual awards that recognises the literature works in 24 Indian languages(including English).
- Novelist Anuradha Roy, Tamil author M. Rajendran, Telugu writer Madhuranthakam Narendra and Sanskrit Poet Janardan Prasad Pandey ‘Mani’ were among 23 litterateurs awarded the Sahitya Akademi Awards for 2022.
The executive board of the Sahitya Akademi under the Chairmanship of Dr Chandrashekhar has also approved the winners of
- Sahitya Akademi Prize for Translation 2022,
- Sahitya Akademi Bhasha Samman 2022
- Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar 2022
- Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2022
The awards will be presented to the winners at the award presentation function which will be held at a later date.
>> Read Full News
UIDAI HQ Building wins top Green Building Award Declared winner of the GRIHA Exemplary Performance Award 2022i.The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Headquarter in New Delhi (Delhi) has won the prestigious GRIHA Exemplary Performance Award 2022, a top national level Green Building Award.
ii.GRIHA (Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment) is a national rating system for green buildings in India.
iii.The assessment was based upon 100 point rating system was considered across 34 criteria.
iv.The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) satellite centre at Sangrur, Punjab has balso een declared winner in the GRIHA Exemplary Performance competition in the category of energy management.
About Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA):
President– Vibha Dhawan
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
SBI Funds Management Appoints Shamsher Singh as its New MD & CEOOn 22nd December 2022, SBI Funds Management Limited (SBIFML), a joint venture between State Bank of India (SBI) and Amundi, Europe’s largest asset manager, appointed Shamsher Singh as its Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- He will take over the charge as MD & CEO of SBIFML from Vinay M Tonse following his repatriation to the SBI.
- Previously he was serving as the deputy MD at SBI.
About Shamsher Singh:
i.Shamsher Singh has more than 32 years of experience with SBI in various verticals, including investment banking, treasury, corporate banking and branch banking.
ii.He joined SBI as probationary officer in June 1990 and has also served in international locations such as the United States (US), Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
iii.Earlier, he was heading the Ahmedabad Circle of SBI as Chief General Manager from November 2020 and also spearheaded SBI’s retail business operations across the state of Gujarat and Union Territory (UT) of Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Reliance Jio Acquires 100 % Stake in Reliance Infratel for Rs 3,725 croreReliance Project and Property Management Services (RPPMSL), a subsidiary of Reliance Jio has acquired 100% stake in Reliance Infratel Limited (RITL) for Rs 3,720 crore.
- The existing paid-up equity share capital of RITL has been cancelled. Upon such cancellation RPPMSL holds 100% equity share capital of RITL
- RITL was incorporated in India on April 16, 2001, and was a subsidiary of Anil Ambani’s Reliance Communications.
i.Background – On 3rd December 2020, National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), Mumbai Bench approved the resolution plan, submitted by RRPMSL for the acquisition of Reliance Infratel, under the Section 31 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016.
ii.Value – RITL has allotted 50,00,000 equity shares of Rs. 10 each, for cash, aggregating Rs. 5 crore to RPPMSL and 372,00,00,000 Zero Coupon Optionally Fully Convertible Debentures of Rs. 10 each, for cash, aggregating Rs. 3,720 crore.
iii.Reliance had deposited Rs 3,720 crore in an SBI escrow account to acquire the mobile tower and fibre assets of Reliance Infratel.
RSBVL Acquires 23.3% Stake in Exyn Technologies
On 22nd December 2022 Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Limited (RSBVL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), acquired a 23.3 percent stake in Exyn Technologies Inc (Exyn) for a total consideration of USD 25 million.
- RSBVL and Exyn have also entered into a Strategic Partnership Agreement for technology collaboration and commercialisation of Exyn’s technology.
i.This investment and partnership by RSBVL will have impact with other Reliance’s investments and strategic initiatives in areas of drone, industrial safety and security and robotics.
- This also accelerates Exyn’s product and technology development across multiple application areas and commercialisation.
ii.Exyn Technologies is multi-platform robotic autonomy for complex, GPS-denied environments, which was established in 2014, with Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as its headquarters.
PhonePe Completes Separation from Walmart Owned, Flipkart
On 23rd December 2022, Walmart owned e-commerce platform, Flipkart and PhonePe completed their separation and both entities will continue to operate under US-based retail giant Walmart.
- With this transaction, PhonePe becomes a fully India domiciled company.
i.As part of this transaction, existing Flipkart Singapore and PhonePe Singapore shareholders, led by Walmart, have purchased shares directly in PhonePe India.
- Now, Walmart will remain the majority shareholder of both Flipkart and PhonePe.
ii.Both Flipkart and PhonePe are Indian brands with a user base upwards of 400 million each. In 2022, PhonePe changed its domicile from Singapore to India.
Note – PhonePe was acquired by Flipkart Group in 2016.
About PhonePe Private Limited, India:
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Sameer Nigam
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Weightlifting: India’s Saikhom Mirabai Chanu wins Silver at 2022 IWF World ChampionshipsIndian weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won the Silver medal, under 49 kg Women category, at the 2022 IWF World Championships held in Bogota, Colombia from 5th to 16th December 2022.
- Jiang Huihua of China took home the gold medal with a combined weight of 206 kg.
- Hou Zhihui of China took home the bronze medal with a combined weight of 198 kg.
2022 IWF World Championships is the first qualifying competition for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
i. In the 49kg Women’s division, Saikhom Mirabai Chanu, the 2020 Tokyo Olympic silver medalist.
ii. She secured 5th place by lifting 87 kilograms (kg) in the snatch and then secured the 2nd with a 113 kg clean and jerk, giving her a total lift of 207 kg.
About Saikhom Mirabai Chanu:
i. Saikhom Mirabai Chanu was born on 8th August 1994 at Nongpok Kakching, Imphal, Manipur.
ii. She was the 1st Indian Weightlifter to win a Silver at the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020 and the 2nd Indian Weightlifter after Karnam Malleswari to win an Olympic medal.
iii. She won the Gold at the World Weightlifting Championships held in Anaheim, the United States (US) in 2017 and secured multiple medals at the Commonwealth Games.
iv. She won India’s 1st gold medal in the 2018 Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast, breaking the event’s weightlifting records in the process.
v. In April 2021, she has set a new world record for clean & jerk by lifting 119kg at the 2020 Asian Weightlifting Championships held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Saikhom Mirabai Chanu received Padma Shri (2018) from the Government of India for her contribution to sports.
- In 2018, she received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (now the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award) from the Government of India.
Philippines’ Hidilyn Diaz dominates Weightlifting World Championships with 3 golds:
Hidilyn Diaz, a Filipino weightlifter(Philippines), has won 3 gold medals under the 55Kg Women’s category at the 2022 IWF World Championships in Bogota, Colombia.
- She won her first gold by lifting 93 kilograms in the snatch and then secured the second with a 114 kg clean and jerk.
- She also won the gold with 207 Kg total (93 Kg in snatch and 114 Kg in Clean and jerk).
FIFA Ranking: Brazil ranked No.1 despite Argentina’s World Cup win in Qatar 2022
On 22nd December 2022, FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) officially announced the 2022 world rankings, and Brazil hold on to their No. 1 spot and 22nd FIFA Men’s World Cup 2022 Champions Argentina ranked 2nd.
- Morocco has improved from 22nd to 11th in the FIFA world ranking, following their achievements at the 2022 FIFA Global Cup.
Top 5 FIFA Rankings:
Veteran Telugu Actor Kaikala Satyanarayana Passes Away On 23rd December 2022, Legendary Telugu actor Kaikala Satyanarayana, known for his villain and other character roles, passed away at the age of 87 years in Hyderabad, Telangana.
About Kaikala Satyanarayana:
i.Kaikala Satyanarayana, known as Navarasa Natana Sarvabhouma, was born on 25th July 1935, in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh.
ii.Kaikala Satyanarayana was first noticed by DL Narayana, who offered him a role in his film Supayi Koothuru directed by Changayya in 1959, following which he was offered with many other roles.
- He established Rama Films production house and made films such as Kodama Simham (1990), Bangaru Kutumbam (1994), and Muddula Mogudu (1997).
iii.Awards – He has acted in around 700 films and has received several awards, including the 2011 Raghupati Venkaiah Award, the 2017 Filmfare Awards for lifetime achievement award for Telugu cinema and the Andhra Pradesh government’s Nandi film awards.
iv.Political career – He had a brief political career in Andhra Pradesh. He was elected to the 11th Lok Sabha as Member of Parliament (MP) from Machilipatnam representing the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and withdrew from politics after 1998.
Kisan Diwas or National Farmers Day 2022 – December 23Kisan Diwas, also known as National Farmers Day, is annually observed across India on December 23 to recognise and honour the major role of farmers in the growth and development of India.
The day also marks the birth anniversary of Chaudhary Charan Singh, a farmers’ leader who became India’s 5th Prime Minister (PM) (1979-1980).
- National Farmers Day 2022 marks the 120th birth anniversary of Chaudhary Charan Singh.
i. In 2001, the Government of India (GoI) declared December 23 as Kisan Diwas or National Farmers Day to honour Chaudhary Charan Singh’s contribution towards the development of the agriculture sector.
ii. The 1st Kisan Diwas or National Farmers Day was observed on December 2001.
>> Read Full News
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 24 December 2022|
|1||Defence ministry approves 24 Capital Procurement Proposals worth Rs 84,328 cr|
|2||UP’s Sania Mirza is about to become India’s 1st Muslim Woman Fighter Pilot|
|3||Two More CCRAS-CARI Institute Receives NABH and NABL Accreditation|
|4||Bharti Airtel, Apollo Hospitals conduct India’s first 5G-driven colonoscopy|
|5||WRI & GEF to form Secretariat for preservation of 30% land, ocean by 2030|
|6||NSE receives SEBI’s in-principle approval to set up Social Stock Exchange as a Separate Segment|
|7||Tata Power Receives Rs. 450 Crore Credit Facility from Japan’s MUFG Bank|
|8||NTPC Ltd & GE Power Sign MoU to Reduce Carbon Intensity from Coal-Based Power Plants|
|9||IOCL selects Reliance Jio to manage Network Services for its Retail Outlets|
|10||Winners of Sahitya Akademi Awards 2022; Anuradha Roy; M. Rajendran; Badri Narayan among winners|
|11||UIDAI HQ Building wins top Green Building Award Declared winner of the GRIHA Exemplary Performance Award 2022|
|12||SBI Funds Management Appoints Shamsher Singh as its New MD & CEO|
|13||Reliance Jio Acquires 100 % Stake in Reliance Infratel for Rs 3,725 crore|
|14||PhonePe Completes Separation from Walmart Owned, Flipkart|
|15||Weightlifting: India’s Saikhom Mirabai Chanu wins Silver at 2022 IWF World Championships|
|16||FIFA Ranking: Brazil ranked No.1 despite Argentina’s World Cup win in Qatar 2022|
|17||Veteran Telugu Actor Kaikala Satyanarayana Passes Away|
|18||Kisan Diwas or National Farmers Day 2022 – December 23|