We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 21 November 2023, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2023 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
WHO & Ministry of Ayush Signed Traditional & Complementary Medicine PCA
On November 17, 2023, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministry of Ayush (Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) signed a Traditional and Complementary Medicine ‘Project Collaboration Agreement (PCA)’ during an event organized in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Under this partnership, WHO will prepare Traditional Medicine Global Strategy 2025-34 with the support of the Ministry of Ayush .
- 1st phase of the PCA, 2023-28, will prove to be a milestone in the global development of Traditional and Complementary Medical System.
Aim of PCA:
i.To standardize and integrate Traditional and Complementary Medical Systems into the National Health System, disseminating them globally.
ii.To advance traditional and complementary medicine by modernizing it into a globally accepted, evidence-based healthcare while preserving its rich heritage for global well-being.
It was signed by Indra Mani Pandey, Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations (UN), on behalf of the Ministry of Ayush, and Dr. Bruce Aylward, Assistant Director General, Universal Health Coverage and Life Course Division, on behalf of WHO.
What will be done under this MoU?
ii.Strengthening training and practice in Complementary Medicine System ‘Siddha’
iii.Formulate guidelines for listing Traditional and Complementary Medicines
iv.Creation of International Herbal Pharmacopoeia for South-East Asian herbs
v.Focus on conservation and management of biodiversity and medicinal plants
Previously, AYUSH and WHO has signed 2 PCAs:
- 2016 agreement which focuses on globalizing Traditional Medical systems (Yoga, Ayurveda, Unani, Panchakarma).
- A 2017 agreement which aims to strengthen Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha medical systems.
India Approves USD 360 Million in Investments in IT Hardware Sector
The Indian government has approved investments worth USD 360 million in the Information Technology (IT) hardware sector under its flagship manufacturing incentives scheme to boost India’s position in the global electronics supply chain .
- This announcement comes as a major step towards realizing India’s ambitious target of becoming a USD 300 billion IT hardware manufacturing hub by 2026.
- The approved investments are spread across 27 companies, including global giants like Dell, HP, and Foxconn, as well as domestic manufacturers like Dixon Technologies and VVDN.
- These companies are expected to create over 50,000 new jobs in the IT hardware sector, further strengthening India’s position as a major employment provider in the electronics industry.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Sheynnis Palacios from Nicaragua crowned Miss Universe 2023
Miss Sheynnis Alondra Palacios Cornejo (23) from Nicaragua was crowned Miss Universe at the 72nd Miss Universe Beauty Pageant 2023 in San Salvador, Republic of El Salvador. She is the first women from Nicaragua to win Miss Universe crown.
- She was crowned by the United States’ (US) R’Bonney Gabriel, who held the title of Miss Universe for 2022.
- The first runner-up was Miss Anntonia Porsild of Thailand, and the second runner-up was Miss Moraya Wilson of Australia.
i.Sheynnis Palacios is a mental health activist and audiovisual producer from Managua, Nicaragua.
ii.The first Miss Universe Pageant was held in Long Beach, California, United States in 1952 which was won by Armi Kuusela from Finland.
- Three Indians have won the Miss Universe crown, Sushmita Sen in 1994, Lara Dutta in 2000 and Harnaz Sandhu in 2021.
Highlights from Miss Universe Beauty Pageant 2023:
i.84 women competed in the 72nd Miss Universe. The crown is called the “Force for Good”
ii.El Salvador hosted the last Miss Universe Pageant in 1975.
iii.Miss India Shweta Sharda made it to the top 20 but didn’t reach the top 10 (evening gown round).
iv.Miss Congeniality was awarded to Athenea Paulinha Pérez Nsué of Spain.
- She is the first woman of color to represent her country.
v.Miss Portugal Marina Machete and Miss Netherlands Rikkie Kollé were the first transgender participants.
vi.Camila Avella from Columbia became the first mother to reach top 10 at the Miss Universe contest, Miss Nepal Jane Dipika Garrett was the pageant’s first plus size model.
vii.Pakistan participated for the first time, represented by Erica Robin, who reached the semi-final round.
viii.The next Miss Universe, the 73rd edition, will be held in Mexico.
ix.Michelle Dee of Philippines won the Spirit of Carnival Award at Miss Universe 2023
Indira Gandhi Peace Prize Presented to COVID-19 warriorsOn November 19, 2023, the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2022 was jointly awarded to the New Delhi, Delhi headquartered Indian Medical Association (IMA) and the New Delhi based Trained Nurses Association of India (TNAI) as representatives of the COVID-19 warriors in India.
- The award for the same was presented to Dr. Sharad Kumar Agarwal, President, IMA, and Professor (Dr.) Roy K. George, President, TNAI by Former Vice-President Hamid Ansari.
- This award acknowledges every doctor, nurse, paramedic and karamchari for their selfless service during challenging times.
About Indira Gandhi Peace Prize:
i.Established in 1986 by the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust, it is given annually to recognize individuals or organizations contributing to international peace, disarmament, and development.
ii.Named after the former Prime Minister(PM) Indira Gandhi, the prestigious award includes a Rs 25 lakh cash prize and a citation.
iii.In 2022, the award was conferred upon ‘Pratham,’ an education-focused Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), in acknowledgment of their exemplary service to humanity and the planet.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Javier Milei Elected as the President of ArgentinaOn November 19, 2023, Javier Milei(53) of Libertarian Party was elected as the new president of Argentina. He will succeed the current Argentina President Alberto Fernández after assuming office on December 10, 2023.
- Milei won the election with 56% votes against 44% for his rival, Peronist Economy Minister Sergio Massa.
About Javier Milei:
i.Javier Milei is an economist and former television personality with little political experience.
ii.He is also regarded as ‘Chainsaw Man’ because of his unique style of campaign by using chainsaw as symbol which represents its intention to shred unnecessary spending by up to 15% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
iii.He has La Libertad Avanza (LLA) coalition which was founded in 2021.
iv.He authored many books and Journal articles. His book ‘The End of Inflation: Eliminate the Central Bank, End the Inflation Tax Scam, and Return to Being a Serious Country’ released in 2023
v.His biography is ‘El Loco’ by the journalist Juan Luis González.
President Elect– Javier Milei
Capital– Buenos Aires
Currency– Argentine Peso
ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023: Australia Wins the 6th title by Defeating India The Australian Men’s cricket team led by Pat Cummins won the 13th edition of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s One Day International (ODI) Cricket World Cup(CWC) 2023 by defeating Rohit Sharma led India in the finals held in Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 was hosted by India across 10 venues from 5th October to 19th November 2023.
- Virat Kohli also broke Tendulkar’s (49 centuries) record of the most number of centuries in ODI matches, while Kohli scored his 50th century against New Zealand in the semi-final.
- Mohammed Shami also made the record for the most number of wickets for India in a single edition of the ODI World Cup with 24 wickets in the 2023 edition.
Player of the Tournament – Virat Kohli
Player of the Match(Finals) – Travis Head
Highest run-scorer – Virat Kohli(765 runs)
Highest Wicket-taker – Mohammed Shami(24 wickets)
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
Chairman – Greg Barclay
Headquarters – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Established in -1909
>> Read Full News
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen Wins F1 Las Vegas Grand Prix 2023
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen, the Dutch-Belgian driver, won the Formula 1 (FI) Las Vegas Grand Prix(GP) 2023 held at Las Vegas Strip Circuit in Nevada, the United States of America(USA) from 16th November 2023 to 18th November 2023.
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc (Monaco) secured 2nd place while Red Bull’s Sergio Perez (Mexico) secured 3rd place.
- This win also marks Verstappen’s 18th win out of 20 races of the 2023 season.
- Max Verstappen broke his own record for the most F1 race victories in a single season in 2023 by winning 18 races.
- Max Verstappen leads the F1 World Championship in 2023 with 549 points in the F1 driver standings.
Former RBI Governor S. Venkitaramanan Passed AwaySubrahmanyam Venkitaramanan or S. Venkitaramanan, the former (18th) Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) passed away at the age of 92 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was born on 28 January 1931 in Nagercoil, Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu.
Note: Nagercoil is erstwhile in the princely state of Travancore.
About S. Venkitaramanan:
i.S. Venkitaramanan joined the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) (Tamil Nadu cadre) in 1954 and served in several key positions in both the state and central government.
ii.He served as Finance Secretary in the Ministry of Finance. He also served as Adviser on economic affairs at the Prime Minister’s Office under the premiership of Rajiv Gandhi.
iii.He was also served as an Advisor to the Governor of Karnataka, when the State was under President’s rule in 1989.
iv.He served as the 18th Governor of RBI from December 1990 to December 1992.
v.During his tenure, India adopted the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s stabilisation program, which included Rupee devaluation and the initiation of economic reforms.
vi.After his retirement, he remained active as the Chairman of Ashok Leyland Investment Services, New Tirupur Area Development Corporation, and Ashok Leyland Finance.
vii.Additionally, he has also served on the boards of Reliance Industries Limited(RIL), Society for Promotion of IT in Chandigarh (SPIC), Piramal Healthcare, Tamil Nadu Water Investment Co., and HDFC.
World Prematurity Day 2023- November 17 World Prematurity Day (WPD) is annually observed across the globe on 17 November to raise awareness of the challenges and burdens for women and babies associated with preterm birth and to celebrate the lives of preterm infants.
- WPD serves as a crucial platform to advocate for comprehensive care for both mothers and newborns globally.
The 2023 theme of WPD is, “Small Actions, BIG IMPACT: Immediate Skin-to-Skin Care for Every Baby, Everywhere.”
The colour purple and the socks line are the key symbol for World Prematurity Day.
- The purple colour in the visual identity stands for sensitivity and exceptionality.
- The small pair of purple socks, framed by 9 full-size baby socks, symbolises: 1 in 10 babies is born preterm.
i.The International Prematurity Awareness Day was initiated on 17 November 2008, by the European Foundation for the Care of Newborn Infants (EFCNI) and partnering with the European parent organisations.
- 17th November was declared as International Prematurity Awareness Day during the first Parent Organisations Meeting in Rome, Italy.
ii.Since 2011, the day has been celebrated as World Prematurity Day .
i.The Department of Maternal and Child Health of the Ministry of Health and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Viet Nam, with the support of Kimberly-Clarke, hosted special events in some provinces, including Lao Cai, Lai Chau, etc.
ii.WHO and UNICEF celebrated WPD and organised a webinar titled “Implementing and scaling up small and sick newborn care: Successes, challenges and lessons learned from countries.”
- The webinar was co-hosted by the Department for Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Ageing, WHO Geneva (Switzerland) and UNICEF HQ in New York, USA.
World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2023- November 19 The United Nations (UN) World Day of Remembrance (WDoR) for Road Traffic Victims is annually observed across the globe on the 3rd Sunday in November to pay tribute to all those who have lost their lives or suffered serious and irreversible damage to their health and to their surviving families in road crashes.
- WDoR for Road Traffic Victims 2023 falls on 19 November 2023. In 2022 it was observed on 20 November 2022 and in 2024 it will be 17 November 2024.
The theme for WDoR for Road Traffic Victims 2023 is, “Justice” with the slogan, “Remember. Support. Act.”
On 26 October 2005, the UN General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution A/RES/60/5 on improving global road safety, by “designating the 3rd Sunday in November of every year as the WDoR for Road Traffic Victims.
>> Read Full News
National Integration Day 2023 – November 19National Integration Day, also known as Quami Ekta Divas, is observed annually on November 19 across India to mark the birth anniversary of India’s First Female Prime Minister (PM), Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi, popularly known as Indira Gandhi.
- 19th November 2023 marks the 106th birth anniversary of Indira Gandhi.
i.The Day marks the beginning of National Integration Week (Qaumi Ekta Week) which is observed from November 19 to 25 every year.
ii.The first ever National Integration Day was observed on 19th November 2013.
>> Read Full News
Women’s Entrepreneurship Day 2023- November 19 Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is observed annually across the globe on 19 November to honour female entrepreneurs and celebrate and acknowledge their achievements and contributions of women in business to our community.
- WED is officially proclaimed as a day of significance that underscores the importance of investing in female entrepreneurship.
WED is annually led by the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Organisation (WEDO).
- 19 November 2023 marks the observance of the 10th WED.
i.The first-ever WED was observed on 19 November 2014 at the United Nations (UN) headquarters in New York, the United States of America (USA).
ii.It was initiated by a Social Entrepreneur Wendy Diamond, Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of WEDO/#ChooseWOMEN, a non-governmental volunteer organization.
iii.It is a global initiative celebrated at the UN and in 144 countries and 65 universities/colleges internationally with the mission to economically empower Women in business to alleviate poverty.
About Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Organisation (WEDO):
CEO and Founder– Wendy Diamond
Headquarters– New York, USA
Founded in– 2013
>> Read Full News
International Men’s Day 2023 – November 19The International Men’s Day (IMD) is annually observed across the globe on November 19 to honour the men in our lives and to acknowledge cultural, political, and socioeconomic achievements they contribute to our society.
- 19th November 2023 marks the 25th International Men’s Day.
i.The theme for IMD 2023 is “Zero Male Suicide”.
ii.The first ever IMD was observed on 19th November 1999.
iii.In India, the inaugural celebration of IMD was organised by Save Indian Family (Indian Men’s rights organisation) on November 19, 2007.
>> Read Full News
Assam Launches App Based ASTC Cab Services & UPI Backed Digital Payment Solutions
The Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) has launched its mobile application(app) – based city cab services and Unified Payments Interface (UPI) – backed digital payment solutions to book cabs, track their rides in real-time, and make payments digitally.
The new services were inaugurated by Assam Transport Minister Parimal Suklabaidya.
- With 9,000 city cab service taxis, ASTC aims to provide commuters a convenient, affordable, and safe mode of travel.
- The ASTC has partnered with PhonePe Private Limited to provide UPI-based digital payment solutions for its city cab services.
ASTC city cabs will start online cab bookings in Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, in Guwahati (Assam).
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|Current Affairs 21 November 2023|
|WHO & Ministry of Ayush Signed Traditional & Complementary Medicine PCA|
|India Approves USD 360 Million in Investments in IT Hardware Sector|
|Sheynnis Palacios from Nicaragua crowned Miss Universe 2023|
|Indira Gandhi Peace Prize Presented to COVID-19 warriors|
|Javier Milei Elected as the President of Argentina|
|ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023: Australia Wins the 6th title by Defeating India|
|Red Bull’s Max Verstappen Wins F1 Las Vegas Grand Prix 2023|
|Former RBI Governor S. Venkitaramanan Passed Away|
|World Prematurity Day 2023- November 17|
|World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2023- November 19|
|National Integration Day 2023 – November 19|
|Women’s Entrepreneurship Day 2023- November 19|
|International Men’s Day 2023 – November 19|
|Assam Launches App Based ASTC Cab Services & UPI Backed Digital Payment Solutions|
Aspirant: Does Affairscloud covers all the Current affairs topics related to examinations?
Affairscloud: We Guaranteed All the Important topics related to examination are covered in Our Daily CA content and Daily CA Quizzes.
Aspirant: Why is there a delayal in news?
Affairscloud: As some of the major news sites doesn’t provide the required data on the exact day, we take extra time for important data to be presented to the aspirants on the examination basis to ensure nothing is missed.
Example: In ‘Important Days’ topics the International Organisations publish their reports and Rankings in the evenings, to make sure every data is covered, we delay the topics to the next day.