We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 16 June 2023, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2023 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
MSDE Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Project Gajapati to Gabon’, Gabon’s 1st Agri-SEZ Project
On June 14, 2023, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Education(MoE) and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), inaugurated Project Gajapati to Gabon and flagged off Gabon’s first Agriculture Special Economic Zone (SEZ) Project & Power Transformers (T&D) Project from New Delhi, Delhi.
The establishment of the Agriculture and Food Processing Special Economic Zone in Gabon will enhance food security and self-sufficiency in Gabon.
About Project Gajapati to Gabon:
Project Gajapati to Gabon is an international outreach initiative of the government of Gabon, AOM Group and Centurion University of Technology and Management for Education, Industry skilling and Agri Skilling Project.
About Agriculture SEZ Project and T&D project:
Agriculture SEZ Project and T&D project is the joint Venture (JV) of the Government of Gabon with Africa’s AOM Group as implementing partner and Odisha’s Centurion University of Technology and Management as knowledge, training and technology partner.
i.It was inaugurated during the event in New Delhi whose Chief Guest was Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, MSDE and Guest of Honour were Hugues Judicael Mbadinga Madiya, Minister of Investment Promotion and Public-Private Partnerships of Gabon; Mve Ellah Charles, Minister of Agriculture of Gabon; Mouguiama Daouda Patrick Taofick, Minister of Higher Education of Gabon.
ii.In the first phase of the program, 30 farmers and 20 B.Sc./M.Sc. Agri and B.Tech/M.Tech Engineering students from Gajapati district, an aspirational district of Odisha, will visit Gabon as agri-technical and technical consultants under the above-mentioned Agri-SEZ.
iii.Notably, development partnership is a key pillar in India’s Africa policy.
- India has extended concessional loans of over US$ 12.3 Billion to Africa and US$ 700 Million of grant assistance with development projects in various sectors.
It is a country in Central Africa.
Currency– Central African CFA franc
President– Ali Bongo Ondimba
CBIC released National Time Release Study 2023 ReportOn 15th June 2023, Vivek Johri, Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) released the National Time Release Study (NTRS) 2023 report which offers the port-category wise average release time for 2023.
- The data on the NTRS 2023 is based on the sample period- 1st week of January 2023, from 1st to 7th January 2023 (both dates included).
Import Release Time: Arithmetic Mean of the period between ‘Arrival of Goods’ and the Customs granting of “Out of Charge”.
Export Release Time: Arithmetic Mean of the time between the arrival of the cargo at the port and its physical departure from port or customs station.
i.NTRS 2023 was conducted at 15 customs ports acros 9 States.
ii.The data source of the study was the customs automated systems maintained by the Directorate Gereral of Systems and Data Management, CBIC.
iii.NTRS 2023 compares the average release time to the performance during 2021 and 2022,
- To assess the progress towards the National Trade Facilitation Action Plan (NTFAP) targets.
- To identify the impact of various trade facilitative initiatives, notably “Path to Promptness”.
- To identify the challenges to more expeditious reduction in release time.
iv.The ports included in the NTRS represents seaports, air cargo complexes (ACCs), inland container depot (ICDs) and integrated check posts (ICPs).
- These accounts for around 80% of the bills of entry and 70% of shipping bills filed in India.
Gist of NTRS:
i.According to the study, the average import release time has improve in 2023 compared to 2022. achieving 20% reduction in release time for ICDs; 11% reduction for ACCs; and 9% reduction for seaports.
ii.In absolute terms, the import release time for seaports, ICDs, ACC and ICPs is 85:42 hours(Hrs) , 71:46 hrs, 44:16 hrs and 31:47 hrs, respectively.
iii.The measure of standard deviation has lowered which indicates a certainty of expeditious release of imported Cargo.
iv.The NTRS 2023 reaffirms the “3 fold path to promptness” which comprises,
- advance filing of import documents enabling pre-arrival processing,
- risk-based facilitation of cargo
- benefits of trusted client programme – Authorised Economic Operators.
The cargoes with all 3 features combined achieve the NTFAP release time target across all port categories.
i.By adopting the benchmark of regulatory clearance, the NTFAP release time targets were achieved in almost all the port categories.
ii.The improvement in the release time was achieved through the efforts of various stakeholders like Customs, port authorities, Customs Brokers and Participating Government Agencies (PGAs), in implementing the trade facilitation measures.
MoD Approved Deal to Acquire MQ-9 Reaper Drone from the USAThe Defence Acquisition Council(DAC), the highest decision-making body in the Ministry of Defence(MoD), has approved the deal to acquire the MQ-9 Reaper (Predator B) drones from the United States of America(USA).
- The final decision on the deal is set to be taken by the Cabinet Committee on Security(CCS).
- The deal was approved during the meeting of DAC headed by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on 15th June 2023.
- During the meeting DAC has also approved other “Made in India” defence deals.
Note: All the high value acquisitions requires final approval from the CCS.
About the Deal:
i.Lead agency of the deal: Indian Navy(IN).
ii.The deal involves the acquisition of 15 drones for the Indian Navy for surveillance operations in its area of responsibilities.
i.Previously India planed to rationalise the acquisition of the MQ-9 drones and reduce the count from 30 to 18 or less.
ii.At present, India is set to acquire 31 drones, 10 each for all three services.
- The three armed services, Army, Navy and Air Force, of India have planed to acquire a similar type of medium altitude, long endurance drones from indigenous producers.
i.At present, India has 2 american predator drones, on lease from american firm General Atomics, which have been assisting the Indian Navy in monitoring activities in the Indian Ocean region (IOR).
ii.Previously in March 2023, the DAC has approved the proposal to procure 60 Made in India utility helicopters(Maritime) worth Rs 32000 crore and BrahMos Supersonic cruise missiles for Indian Navy; 307 Advanced Towed Artillery Gun Systems(ATAGS) howitzers for Indian Army and 9 Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Dhruv Choppers for the Indian Coast Guard(ICG).
Note: This decision comes ahead of the Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi’s visit to the USA from 21st to 24th June 2023. This will his 1st state visit to the USA during his 9 years reign as PM of India.
About Ministry of Defence:
Union Minister– Raj Nath Singh(Constituency- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State(MoS)– Ajay Bhatt
IFS launches the revamped website of PPPININDIA & online portals for IIPDF On June 14, 2023, the Infrastructure Finance Secretariat (IFS) under the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance has launched its revamped website of Public Private Partnership(PPP) in India (PPPININDIA) for its enhanced value to the stakeholders involved in PPP (Public–Private Partnership) projects.
- This launch is a part of IFS efforts to encourage private investment in infrastructure by creating an environment that supports the development and delivery of infrastructure projects.
About PPPININDIA Website:
i.It is a one-stop solution that promotes and facilitates PPPs projects and knowledge exchange in India by bringing together government entities, private companies, investors, and entrepreneurs for sustainable growth.
ii.It serves as a repository of policies, guidelines, and model bidding documents for various sectors including the newly launched Reference Guide for Setting up of State PPP units helping States to create dedicated units for promoting PPP policy, program and projects and Reference Guide for PPP Project Appraisal helping Project Appraisal Authorities (PSAs) in quality appraisal of PPP projects.
iii.It also offers guidance materials and a Best Practices Portal showcasing successful infrastructure projects.
- Best Practices Portal that contains the best practices in successful implementation of infrastructure projects by the states and central ministries. It can be accessed on https://www.pppinindia.gov.in/bestpractices.
To promote Digital India initiative of the Government of India, the IFS also launched the IIPDF (India Infrastructure Project Development Fund) Portal for submitting applications for consideration under IIPDF Scheme.
- Launched in 2022, IIPDF Scheme is designed to aid development of quality PPP projects by providing necessary funding support to the project sponsoring authorities. GoI Notifies IIPDF Scheme for Funding PPP Projects Development
i.It will allow PSAs to apply online under IIPDF scheme that will significantly reduce the processing time, involve less paperwork, and help the PSAs to obtain speedy and time bound approvals for the submitted projects.
ii.The IFS is also in process of launching similar online portals on this website for submitting online applications for Public Private Partnership Appraisal Committee (PPPAC) and VGF (Viability Gap Funding) Scheme.
Google, MeitY join hands to Enhance G20-Stay Safe Online CampaignOn June 15, 2023, Google announced a collaboration with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to enhance MeitY’s ‘G20-Stay Safe Online’: A Campaign for Cyber Safety’ to create citizen awareness on online cyber safety in India.
i.India has taken over the Presidency of the G20 for one year from 01 December 2022 to 30 November 2023.
ii.During India’s presidency of G20, the MeitY is running a campaign titled ‘Stay Safe Online’ for creating awareness among citizens including specially-abled persons to stay safe in an online world on the widespread use of social media platforms and rapid adoption of digital payments.
i.Under the collaboration, Google will work with MeitY to amplify the ‘Stay Safe Online’ campaign through literacy programmes around cyber safety, helping people identify common types of online scams through multilingual digital content on online safety, and educational content on how to navigate information online.
ii.Google is working with MeitY to improve user awareness of cyber fraud and adopt best practices to safeguard against it. Through the ‘Be Internet Awesome’ programme, Google will raise awareness of the fundamentals of online safety.
Note – YouTube is also offering a digital literacy program called ‘Hit Pause’, to promote critical thinking about online information and create awareness about online scams and avoid getting scammed.
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY)
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya Sabha – Odisha)
Minister of State (MoS) -Rajeev Chandrasekhar
India-Bangladesh border to undertake 5 developmental projects each in border areas
Border Security Force(BSF) of India and Bangladesh’s Border Guards Bangladesh(BGB) have agreed to initiate five developmental projects to improve the ground conditions along the India-Bangladesh border.
- The decisions were announced during the 53rd Director General level border coordination conference between BSF and BGB held in New Delhi, Delhi from 11th to 14th June 2023.
- The BSF side was led by Sujoy Lal Thaosen, DG of BSF and BGB side was led by AKM Nazmul Hasan, DG of BGB.
i.The five projects include the construction of a bailey bridge, road repair, and the strengthening of retaining walls.
ii,The projects will be implemented in five states along the border: Assam, West Bengal, Mizoram, Meghalaya, and Tripura.
Raja Parba Festival of Odisha: Celebration of Womanhood and EarthRaja Parba of Odisha, also known as Swing Festival, is an annual 3 day festival celebrated during the month of Asadha (usually starts on 14th June and ends on 16th June) dedicated to honouring Earth and celebrating womanhood.
- The festival also marks the beginning of monsoon.
Raja Parba 2023 is celebrated from 14th June to 16th June 2023.
Note: Raja is the shorthand of the word Rajaswala, which means a menstruating woman.
Celebration of Raja Parba:
i.The first day is celebrated as Raja Sankranti or Pahili Raja, the second day is celebrated as Mithun Sankranti or Raja and the third day is celebrated as Bhudaha or Basi Raja (the day after raja).
ii.The fourth day is celebrated as Vasumati Sanana,signifies the end of the mensuration of the earth.
i.The people of Odisha believe that Bhudevi (Earth), the wife of Lord Jagannath (Vishnu) undergoes her menstrual cycle in these days before the onset of rains.
- During the celebration of Raja Parba, people do not plough or do construction and other works which requires the earth to be dug.
- It is believed that after this festival the earth becomes even more fertile.
ii.During the festival women and girls do not participate in cooking and spend their days on the improvised swings.
- The festival celebrates the menstruation and conveys the message of empowerment against the societal taboos.
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor- Ganeshi Lal
Wildlife sanctuaries – Debrigarh Wildlife sanctuary, Kotagarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Chilika Wildlife Sanctuary
UNGA adopts resolution introduced by India,to honour fallen peacekeepersOn 14th June 2023, The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted draft resolution which was introduced by India to establish a memorial wall to honour fallen peacekeepers.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Ruchira Kamboj revealed the draft resolution which titled as ‘Memorial wall for fallen United Nations peacekeepers’ at UN General Assembly hall,United Nations Headquarters in New York.
- It was adopted by consensus and the resolution was co-sponsored by nearly 190 UN Member State out of 193 UN Member states.
- It will be funded from voluntary contributions.
- The wall will be included in the ceremonies on the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers.
- The wall honors 3,500 peacekeepers who have lost lives in different missions of conflict areas across the globe.
Note – In 2014, India proposed a resolution at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) to make June 21 International Yoga Day with supporting of 177 UN Member states and it was adopted within 75 days.
Indian peacekeepers at UN:
i.With more than 6,000 military and police personnel deployed to Abyei, the Central African Republic, Cyprus, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Lebanon, the Middle East and Western Sahara India stands as the 3rd largest contributor of uniformed personnel to UN Peacekeeping.
ii.About 178 Indian peacekeepers have made sacrifice in UN peacekeeping missions which is the largest till date.
iii.18 countries including Bangladesh, Canada, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Nepal, Rwanda and the US had submitted the resolution.
India to overtake China in Oil Demand Growth by 2027: IEA Report
According to the ‘Oil 2023′ Analysis and forecast to 2028 report released by International Energy Agency (IEA), India will surpass China as the main driver of global oil demand growth by 2027 as consumption expands in fast-growing developing economies and contracts in the developed world.
i.China’s demand will fall consistently from 2024 after a massive rise in 2023. The United States (US), China, and India are the world’s three largest oil consumers in that order.
ii.India consumed 222.30 million tonnes of petroleum products in 2022-23, 10.2% more year-on-year.
- The report mentioned India as the fastest-growing economy in the world, and projects Indian GDP to expand by 4.8% in 2023, rising to 6.3% in 2024 before recovering to an even stronger 7% in 2025-28.
i.World oil demand in 2023 is expected to grow by 2.4 million barrels per day (mb/d) to 102.3 mb/d.
ii.Global crude output reached an estimated 82.3 million barrels per day till April 2023 due to record production runs in Asia
iii.The report projected that on current government policies and market trends, global oil demand will rise by 6% between 2022 and 2028 to reach 105.7 million barrels per day (mb/d) amid robust demand from the petrochemical and aviation sectors.
- Despite this cumulative increase, annual demand growth is expected to reduce from 2.4 mb/d in 2023 to just 0.4 mb/d in 2028.
iv.Oil use for transport going into decline after 2026 amid expansion of electric vehicles (EVs).
- This will reduce global growth in demand for oil: from 2.4 million barrels per day now to 400,000 barrels per day by 2028.
vi.Global upstream investments in oil and gas exploration, extraction and production are on course to reach their highest levels since 2015, growing 11% year-on-year to USD 528 billion in 2023.
It examines how a stronger drive by governments towards a low-emissions future and changes in behaviour will impact oil market fundamentals in the coming years, and explores upcoming challenges.
About International Energy Agency (IEA):
Executive Director– Fatih Birol
Headquarters– Paris, France
Bangladesh: World Bank launches its first road safety project in South Asia
On 14th June2023, The World Bank (WB) launched its first road safety project in South Asia with a USD 358 million financing agreement with the government of Bangladesh.The Bangladesh Road Safety Project (BRSP) was inaugurated at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- This project aims to improve road safety and reduce fatalities and injuries from road crashes in selected cities, high-risk highways, and district roads.
- The two National Highways, Gazipur-Elenga (N4) and Natore-Nawabganj (N6), passing through the five divisions of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Khulna, Rajshahi, Rangpur and Mymensingh, will be taken up for the implementation of this project.
- This project will improve road safety by providing facilities including improved engineering designs, signage and marking, pedestrian facilities, speed enforcement, and emergency care.
BANKING & FINANCE
Max Life Insurance launched non-linked life insurance savings plan – Smart Wealth Advantage Growth Par PlanOn June 8, 2023, the Max Life Insurance Company Ltd launched a non-linked participating individual life insurance savings plan named ‘the Smart Wealth Advantage Growth Par Plan‘ with four income variants.
- The savings plan would provide individuals with financial protection and savings accumulation.
About Smart Wealth Advantage Growth Par Plan:
The plan includes four variants: Insta Income, Balanced Income, Future Income, and Lifelong Income.
- All these variants offer built-in guarantees, cash bonuses (if declared), and life coverage throughout the policy term.
i.The plan combines the benefits of life insurance coverage with savings.
ii.They also offer death benefits that ensure financial protection for beneficiaries in case of the policyholder’s demise.
iii.As non-linked plans are not tied to market investments or returns, the policyholders would have the opportunity to participate in insurance company profits through bonuses.
iv.The plan offers benefits of enhanced liquidity, guaranteed income, cash bonuses, retirement income planning, flexibility in income options, and enhanced protection benefits.
- Retirement income: The plan offers an enhanced income with a minimum guarantee after attaining 65 years.
- Flexibility: The plan offers flexibility to opt from 4 income designs with the option to receive income on special days.
About Max Life Insurance Company Ltd:
It is a Joint Venture between Max Financial Service ltd (part of Max Group) and Axis Bank Limited
MD & CEO – Prashant Tripathy
Headquarters– Gurugram, Haryana
SEBI Revised Rules Relating to Minor’s Investment in Mutual Fund by Parent/GuardianIn May 2023, based on the recommendation of the Mutual Fund (MF) Advisory Committee,The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has recently updated its 2019 circular, which outlines the standardized procedures to be followed by Asset Management Companies (AMCs) regarding investments made in the name of a minor (i.e. children about 10 to 18 years of age) through a parent/guardian.
- All AMCs are advised to make the necessary changes to facilitate the above changes in MF transactions with effect from June 15, 2023.
i.As per the new rule, the MF scheme investment payments (in any mode for subscription) could be accepted from any bank account i.e. the minor, parents or legal guardians, or a joint account in the name of a minor with parents or a legal guardian.
- Existing case: So far, SEBI permitted an MF scheme investment payment through the bank account of a minor or from a joint account of the minor along with parents or a legal guardian.
- From now on, there will be no requirement to open joint accounts or accounts of a minor child for this particular investment purpose, as it could be done from any of three accounts i.e. the minor, parents or guardian.
ii.Redemption: But in case of all redemptions from MF scheme investments (made in the name of the minor) at a later stage, the amount will be credited to the verified bank account of the minor alone (that can be a joint account also) after completing all Know Your Customer (KYC) formalities.
Note – SEBI issues the changes in the exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the SEBI Act, 1992, read with Regulation 77 of the SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Tata Steel signs MoU with Germany’s SMS group to cut carbon emissions
On 14th June 2023, Tata Steel Ltd, a part of Tata Group, and Germany’s SMS group GmbH signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on decarbonisation of the steel making process. Under this MoU, Tata Steel and SMS Group will undertake technical discussions and initiate actions for conducting Joint Industrial Demonstration of the EASyMelt (electric-assisted syngas smelter) technology, developed by SMS group.
- The demonstration will be conducted at the ‘E’ Blast Furnace in Tata Steel’s Jamshedpur plant, with an aim to reduce CO2 (carbon dioxide) emission by more than 50% from blast furnace’s baseline operation.
- EASyMelt is an ironmaking solution which can be implemented in existing integrated steel plants to accelerate decarbonisation.
- Tata steel aims to achieve net zero carbon emission by 2045.
- 9% of global carbon emissions is caused by Steel production, according to the World Steel Association
- India being the second-largest steel producer in the world after China. China is also the largest contributor to carbon emissions which is due to ‘Blast Furnace Ovens’used in Chinese steel plants.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
England all-rounder Moeen Ali awarded Order of the British Empire (OBE)
England all-rounder Moeen Ali has been awarded OBE (Order of the British Empire) for his services to the game of cricket. This honor was bestowed upon him as part of the Queen’s birthday honours, specifically on the momentous occasion of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- He represented England for 225 matches across all the three formats.
- He retired from test cricket in September 2021 with 2,914 runs and 195 wickets from 64 Tests.
- Moeen Ali, withdrew his decision of retirement from England test cricket team and is playing in the Ashes 2023.
About the Member of the Order of the British Empire (OBE):
The Order of the British Empire was established by King George V in 1917 to honour those who had served in a non-combative role and expanded the Order to reward contributions to the Arts, Sciences, Charitable work and Public Service.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
4.54 % stake in CDSL is sold by BSE for Rs 468 crore
On 14th June 2023, through a block deal, BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) sold its 4.54% stake (i.e.47.44 lakh shares) in Central Depository Services Ltd (CDSL) for Rs 468 crore (at Rs 985.98 apiece).
- Of that, ICICI Prudential Technology Fund bought 5.28 lakh shares.
i.As on March 31, 2023, the BSE held 20% of the total equity shares of CDSL and now sold 4.54% stake to comply with the norms of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) .
ii.As per the norms of SEBI, under the SEBI (Depositories and Participants) Regulations, 2018, a stock exchange is allowed only to hold a 15% stake in a depository (it was reduced to 15% from 24% in January 2021).
About Central Depository Services Limited:
- CDSL is a depository that keeps securities in dematerialized form and facilitates book entry trading and settlement of securities.
- It is organised by the Bombay Stock Exchange in collaboration with the State Bank of India, Union Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, and Standard Chartered Bank. CDSL got listed on the exchange in 2017.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Ambassador Satish Chandra authored ‘A Life Well Spent — Four Decades in the Indian Foreign Service’
Indian Ambassador Satish Chandra authored a book titled ‘A Life Well Spent – Four Decades in the Indian Foreign Service’ which covers four decades he served in the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) from 1965 to 2005 as an IFS probationer to Deputy National Security Advisor.
- The book offers insights into Indian diplomacy and the evolution of the NSC (National Security Council) structure.
- The book was published by Rupa Publications in May 2023.
About Satish Chandra:
- Satish Chandra is currently being the Vice Chairman of the New Delhi-based think tank, influential brains trust, Vivekananda International Foundation.
- Satish Chandra who joined the IFS in 1965 was posted in Indian missions till 1989.
- He served as India’s ambassador to the Philippines, its permanent representative to the UN Offices in Geneva, (Switzerland) and its High Commissioner to Pakistan.
- He was the chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee and, was the deputy national security advisor.
Global wind day 2023 – June 15Global Wind Day is annually observed on 15th June across the world to raise awareness regarding the importance of wind as a Renewable source of energy, its power and the possibilities it holds to reshape our energy systems, decarbonise our economies and boost jobs and growth.
- The day also promotes clean air, and can help people to strive for a greener planet.
- The Global Wind Day also known as World Wind Day is annually organised by WindEurope (European Wind Energy Association- EWEA) and Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC).
i. The Global Wind Day originated in Europe in 2007 as “Wind Day”, a pan- European campaign to promote the importance of clean wind energy, organised by the EWEA.
ii. In 2009, EWEA teamed up with GWEC and turned it into a global event and the objective behind it was to encourage people across the world to make the most out of wind Energy.
About Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC):
Established in– 2005
Chairman– Jonathan Cole
CEO– Ben Backwell
Headquarters– Brussels, Belgium
>> Read Full News
ASEAN Dengue Day 2023 – June 15Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) annually celebrates the ASEAN Dengue Day (ADD) on 15th June in the tropical and subtropical areas, such as Southeast Asia, Pacific islands, Latin America and Africa to create awareness on the prevention and control of Dengue at the regional and National level.
- This day also allows the ASEAN Members to promote measures to prevent the Dengue, in coordination with the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The 2023 theme for the ASEAN Dengue Day is ASEAN’s Commitment to Fight against Dengue.
i. The observance of ASEAN Dengue Day was endorsed at the 10th ASEAN Health Ministers Meeting in 2010 as a key regional advocacy initiative against dengue.
ii. It is declared, that 15th June of every year as the ASEAN Dengue Day by all AMS.
iii. The first official ASEAN Dengue Day was observed on 15th June 2011.
About Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN):
Established on– 8 August 1967
Chair (2023)- Indonesia
Theme of 2023 Chairmanship– ASEAN Matter: Epicentrum of Growth.
Secretary-General– Dr. Kao Kim Hourn (Cambodia)
Headquarters– Jakarta, Indonesia
>> Read Full News
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2023 – June 15The United Nations(UN)’s World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is annually observed across the globe on 15th June to create awareness about the abuse and neglect of older persons.
- The day also highlights the cultural, social, economic, and demographic processes affecting elder abuse and neglect.
The theme of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2023 observed on 15th June 2023 is “Closing the Circle: Addressing Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in Older Age Policy, Law and Evidence-based Responses”.
i.The observance of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on 15th June was initiated by the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse(INPEA) in 2006.
ii.In December 2011, the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/66/127 and proclaimed the 15th June of every year as the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
iii.The first-ever UN’s World Elder Abuse Awareness Day was observed on 15th June 2012.
>> Read Full News
Assam Govt inks MoU with NFR and NRL for Hassle-Free Rail & River TravelOn June 14, 2023, the State Government of Assam has signed Memorandums of understanding (MoUs) with Northeast Frontier Railways (NFR) and Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) to ensure hassle-free rail and river travel, and to expedite development in the state.
- Both the MoUs were signed at Janata Bhawan, Guwahati (Assam) in the presence of Assam Chief Minister (CM) Himanta Biswa Sarma.
MoU with NFR:
It was signed between Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC)/Assam Government and NFR.
Signatories: It was signed by Managing Director (MD) Rahul Das, ASTC on behalf of ASTC; and Additional Divisional Railway Manager Lumding Division Sai Singh Kongrymmai signed it on behalf of NFR.
i.It has been inked for the construction of the second entry to Guwahati railway station by transferring ASTC’s land in Guwahati’s Paltanbazar to the railways.
- In this regard, ASTC handed over four bighas, four kathas and 19 lechas of its land to NFR. In exchange, NFR has given Rs 5.93 crore, 20 bighas, two kathas and one lechas of land to ASTC at Jalukbari along NH-31.
ii.This will facilitate building of a world-class next generation railway station here with all passenger amenities.
iii.The station will be developed with a green building concept with installation of solar panels, waste management, water management etc.
MoU with NRL:
It was signed between Directorate of Inland Water Transport (IWT), Assam/Assam Government and NRL.
Signatories: It was signed by the Director Partha Pegu, IWT; and Chief General Manager (GM) Marketing Subrata Das, NRL.
i.It has been inked for the supply of High Speed Diesel (HSD) for IWT’s fleet from the NRL for its vessels in Assam i.e. it will provide seamless fuel to IWT ferries.
ii.This will ensure high quality bulk quantity of HSD to the IWT department to boost efficiency of vessel engines and make them environment friendly
Governor– Gulab Chand Kataria
Airports– Lilabari Airport (Lakhimpur), Silchar Airport (Kumbhirgram)
Natural Heritage Sites– Kaziranga National Park, Manas Wildlife Sanctuary
Himachal CM commenced online portal of Nurses CouncilOn 13th June 2023, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister(CM) Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu commenced the online portal of the Himachal Pradesh Nurses Registration Council (HPNRC).
- The website aims to provide nurses with Primary registration and renewal services, issuance of No Objection Certificates (NOC), additional qualification updates, foreign verification, online migration, transfer of registration.
- To boost the employment generation and streamline tracking processes, the website of Employment department will be combined with HPNRC’s website.
About Himachal Pradesh Nurses Registration Council(HPNRC):
- A regulatory body which maintains the registration and licensing of qualified nurses in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Himachal Pradesh Nurses Registration Act, came into force from 1977.
About Himachal Pradesh:
Chief Minister – Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu
Governor – Shiv Pratap Shukla
i.Summer Capital – Shimla
ii.Winter Capital – Dharamshala
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 16 June 2023|
|1||MSDE Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Project Gajapati to Gabon’, Gabon’s 1st Agri-SEZ Project|
|2||CBIC released National Time Release Study 2023 Report|
|3||MoD Approved Deal to Acquire MQ-9 Reaper Drone from the USA|
|4||IFS launches the revamped website of PPPININDIA & online portals for IIPDF|
|5||Google, MeitY join hands to Enhance G20-Stay Safe Online Campaign|
|6||India-Bangladesh border to undertake 5 developmental projects each in border areas|
|7||Raja Parba Festival of Odisha: Celebration of Womanhood and Earth|
|8||UNGA adopts resolution introduced by India,to honour fallen peacekeepers|
|9||India to overtake China in Oil Demand Growth by 2027: IEA OMR June 2023|
|10||Bangladesh: World Bank launches its first road safety project in South Asia|
|11||Max Life Insurance launched non-linked life insurance savings plan – Smart Wealth Advantage Growth Par Plan|
|12||SEBI Revised Rules Relating to Minor’s Investment in Mutual Fund by Parent/Guardian|
|13||Tata Steel signs MoU with Germany’s SMS group to cut carbon emissions|
|14||England all-rounder Moeen Ali awarded Order of the British Empire (OBE)|
|15||4.54 % stake in CDSL is sold by BSE for ₹468 crore|
|16||Book review: A Life Well Spent — Four Decades in the Indian Foreign Service|
|17||Global wind day 2023 – June 15|
|18||ASEAN Dengue Day 2023 – June 15|
|19||World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2023 – June 15|
|20||Assam Govt inks MoU with NFR and NRL for Hassle-Free Rail & River Travel|
|21||Himachal CM commenced online portal of Nurses Council|