We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 15 October 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs October 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
MoCI Minister Piyush Goyal releases 4th LEADS Survey Report: 15 States among Achieversi.On October 13, 2022, the Union Minister Piyush Goyal, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) released the 4th LEADS (Logistics Ease Across Different States) 2022 Survey Report which has been prepared by Logistics division of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), MoCI with support from Ernst & Young (EY)
ii.The report was released during the National Workshop on PM GatiShakti to mark the first anniversary of the roll out of the National Master Plan (NMP), in New Delhi, Delhi.
iii.15 state and UTs categorized as achievers, 6 are fast movers, and 15 are aspirers.
iv.LEADS 2022 will assist in the implementation of the PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan (PMGS-NMP) and the National Logistics Policy (NLP) by identifying gaps in the existing logistics services, infrastructure and regulatory environment.
About Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI):
Union Minister– Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha Maharashtra)
Ministers of State– Anupriya Patel (Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh) ; Som Parkash (Hoshiarpur, Punjab)
>> Read Full News
Overview of the Visit of PM Narendra Modi to Una & Chamba in Himachal Pradesh – October 13, 2022On October 13, 2022, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi visited Una and Chamba in Himachal Pradesh (HP) to launch a number of development projects and initiatives, with a specific emphasis on connectivity and education.
PM Narendra Modi Laid Foundation Stone for Bulk Drug Park in Una, HP
PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the Bulk Drug Park in Haroli, Una district, HP, and will be built at a cost of over Rs 1900 crore.
- It would be India’s second bulk drug park, while the foundation stone for India’s first bulk drug park was laid in Bharuch, Gujarat, at an estimated cost of Rs. 2,300 crore.
PM Narendra Modi Laid Foundation Stone of Two Hydropower Projects in Chamba, HP
PM Narendra Modi laid the groundwork for 2 hydropower projects in Chamba, HP. They are:
- The 48 MW (megawatt) Chanju-III Hydroelectric Project
- The 30 MW Deothal Chanju Hydroelectric Project
Both of these projects will generate over 270 million units of power per year.
About the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers:
Union Minister– Mansukh Mandaviya (Rajya Sabha – Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS)– Bhagwanth Khuba
>> Read Full News
Param-Kamrupa: President Droupadi Murmu inaugurates Supercomputer facility at IIT Guwahati, Assami.On October 13, 2022, the President of India Droupadi Murmu inaugurated a supercomputer facility namely ‘Param-Kamrupa’ at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati in Assam.
ii.This inauguration was made during the President’s two-day visit to Assam on October 13-14, 2022. It is her first visit to Assam since assuming office.
iii.Param-Kamrupa is a state-of-the-art supercomputer set up under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
iv.She also inaugurated SAMEER (Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research) laboratory at the IIT-Guwahati which will be used for the design and development of high-power microwave passive and active components.
National Parks– Kaziranga National Park, Dibru – Saikhowa National Park
Wildlife Sanctuaries– Garampani Wildlife Sanctuary, Laokhowa Wildlife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserves– Manas Tiger Reserve, Nameri Tiger Reserve
>> Read Full News
Eastern Naval Command conducts offshore security exercise ‘Prasthan’
‘Prasthan’ an offshore exercise was conducted in the Krishna Godavari Basin (KGB) Offshore Development Area (ODA) under the aegis of Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command( Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh) on October 11 and 12, 2022. The exercise was conducted in the Offshore Defence Area off Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh (AP).
- It aims to integrate the efforts of all maritime stakeholders involved in offshore defence.
- This exercise is conducted every six months and is an important element of ensuring offshore security.
- Various oil operators including ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation), RIL (Reliance Industries Limited), Vedanta, and other stakeholders in the domain of maritime security including AP Marine Police, AP fisheries department and the Coast Guard also participated
UNDP Partners with Arya.ag & FWWB India to Strengthen Value Chain in Agriculture, Allied SectorsUnited Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has partnered with integrated grain commerce platform Arya.ag and Friends of Women’s World Banking India (FWWB India) to implement Project Excel in Jamnagar and District Devbhumi Dwarka of Gujarat to improve the incomes of 10,000 farmer households through agri-value chain intervention, enterprise promotion and skilling in agriculture sector.
- The partnership aims to create a group of community resource persons to mentor and support entrepreneurs and promote individual and group enterprises by December 2023.
i.Under the project, a team of sourcing managers will be formed to implement value chain interventions and establish market and credit linkages through collectivisation.
ii.Arya.ag will work on building farmer’s collectives for effective management of the post-harvest process and develop the agriculture value chain of the producer group.
- This will benefit the Farmers through the services provided by the company including quality inputs, commercial support, farm advisory and management tools, affordable credit, and capacity building.
iii.FWWB India will engage in the development of entrepreneurship among farmers and also supports youth and women’s economic empowerment through demand-driven micro and nano enterprises.
iv.Both Arya.ag & FWWB India mainly focuses on creating an environment with end-to-end business solutions that consists of training and technical support, capital and market linkages, skill enhancement support, empowering women and ensuring a sustainable income at individual and collective level.
About Project Excel:
i.The project aims to create and develop opportunities for the communities in rural and semi-urban regions to enhance their livelihoods in sectors such as agriculture, dairy, poultry, handloom, goat rearing and handicrafts.
ii.This also helps in building managerial capabilities and provides stronger market linkages.
About United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
Administrator – Achim Steiner
Headquarters – New York, United States (US)
Establishment – 1965
INS Tarkash Participated in 7th edition of IBSAMAR Maritime Exercise held in South AfricaIndian Naval Ship (INS) Tarkash participated in the 7th edition of IBSAMAR, a joint multinational maritime exercise among the Indian, Brazilian and South African navies held at Port Gqeberha (also known as Port Elizabeth), South Africa from 10th to 12th October 2022.
- The exercise IBSAMAR was initiated in 2008.
i.The Indian Navy was represented by the Teg class guided missile frigate INS Tarkash, a Chetak helicopter and Marine Commando Force (MARCOS) special forces.
ii.The objective of the exercise is to strengthen maritime security, conduct joint operational training, sharing of best practices and building interoperability to address common maritime threats.
About the exercise:
i.The harbour phase that took place on 10th and 11th October 2022 included professional exchanges such as damage control (DC) and fire-fighting (FF) drills, VBSS/cross boarding lectures, joint diving operations, interaction among special forces and cross-deck visits were conducted.
ii.The sea phase was held on 12th October 2022 including a number of maritime operations and finally, the closing ceremony was conducted onboard INS Tarkash.
Note – The 6th edition of IBSAMAR (IBSAMAR VI) was conducted off Simons Town, South Africa in 2018.
Participation of INS Tarkash:
i.In August 2022, INS Tarkash participated in a Maritime Partnership Exercise with the Brazilian Navy which included operations such as cross-deck landing, replenishment at sea (RAS) approaches and other tactical manoeuvres.
ii.The warship also hoisted the Indian National Flag on 15th August 2022, at Rio De Janeiro, Brazil as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
Israel & Lebanon signs ‘Historic Agreement’ on Maritime Borders
On 11th October 2022, Israel and Lebanon reached a ‘Historic agreement’ to resolve a long-running maritime border dispute which was mediated by the United States (US).
- This is the 1st agreement between Israel and Lebanon, the 2 countries in a state of war.
- The deal will help to de-escalate tensions between Lebanon and Israel, reducing the prospects for conflict between the 2 countries in the near term.
- For Israel, the agreement is valuable for a number of economic and political reasons.
- For Lebanon, the maritime agreement paves the way for its suffering from an unprecedented economic crisis.
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI Reconstitutes Commodity Derivatives Advisory Committee & Alternative Investment Policy Advisory CommitteeThe Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has re-constituted its Commodity Derivatives Advisory Committee (CDAC) and Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee (AIPAC).
- The CDAC was reconstituted with 16 members instead of 17 members and the Committee will continue to be chaired by retired IAS officer Ashok Dalwani.
- The restructured 20 member AIPAC is chaired by N R Narayana Murthy, founder of Infosys.
About Securities and Exchange of India (SEBI):
Chairperson – Madhabi Puri Buch
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Establishment – 1992
>> Read Full News
World Bank Extends USD 250 million Unconditional Loan for AP’s SALT Project The World Bank (WB) has extended an unconditional loan of USD 250 million for Supporting Andhra’s Learning Transformation (SALT) project for its reforms implemented by the Andhra Pradesh government.
About SALT Project:
i.The SALT is the first project in the school education sector to be funded by the World Bank without any precondition.
- The main aim of the project is to transform AP’s school education system by improving the quality education in foundational learning through various ideas including improving teacher professional development, classroom-based assessments and early childhood education.
ii.Around Rs. 53,000 crore had been spent on school education in the past 3 years. Out of which, about Rs. 22,000 crore has been deviated to Amma Vodi and for the 1st phase of the Nadu-Nedu scheme.
- The Nadu-Nedu programme has brought in various facilities in schools to provide a conducive environment for both teaching and learning.
Fact – The number of children studying in government schools in the 2022-23 academic year has decreased to around 40 lakh compared to the total number of children in government, private and aided schools in 2021-22 academic year.
About World Bank (WB):
President – David Robert Malpass
Headquarters – Washington D.C, United States (US)
RBI cancels registration certificates of 8 NBFCs
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cancelled the Certificates of Registration (CoR) of eight Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFC) in India.
- The four NBFCs, Ashwini Investment Private Ltd, RM Securities Pvt Ltd, Amity Finance Private Ltd and Matrix Merchandise Ltd have surrendered their certificates of registration to the RBI.
- Separately, the RBI suo-moto cancelled certificates of another four NBFCs — SRM Properties and Finance Company Pvt Ltd, North East Region Finservices Ltd, Sowjenvee Finance Ltd and Opel Finance Ltd.
- According to clause (a) of Section 45-I of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, these companies shall not transact the business of a non-banking financial institution.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Google Cloud gets MeitY nod to partner with public sector firms
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) authorised Google Cloud to use cloud technology to address challenging issues for governmental organisations.
- With the accreditation, Google is now positioned to fully partner with India’s public sector organisations to become an active participant in India’s digital transformation initiatives, especially Project Meghraj. The project Meghraj aims at making a multi-level, national cloud-sharing foundation giving affordable, secure, and safe data storage for everyone.
- Modern equipment and technology will be made available by the cloud regions in India, which will act as a catalyst for this change.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Mondelez India honoured with Advanced 4IR Digital Lighthouse by WEFMondelez India’s state-of-the-art Sri City factory in Tirupati district of Andhra Pradesh won 4th Advanced Industrial Revolution (4IR) Digital Lighthouse award by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- It is one of the first Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) plants in India that was awarded for ‘digital excellence’ driven by advanced technologies and sustainable practices.
i.The award is an outcome of the study conducted by an independent expert panel at the WEF that recognised the site for implementing a series of advanced ‘4IR’ use cases.
ii.The award is presented to top notch manufacturing facilities and value chains that are using 4IR to increase operational performance and environmental sustainability.
About Global Lighthouse Network:
i.The Global Lighthouse Network is a platform to develop, replicate and scale innovations.
ii.It is an initiative of WEF for shaping the future of Advanced Manufacturing and production platform.
iii.Currently the network includes 103 global frontrunners in advanced manufacturing, selected from different industries .
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Iraqi Parliament elects Abdul Latif Rashid as Iraq’s new PresidentThe lawmakers of Iraq has elected Kurdish politician Abdul Latif Rashid(78 year old), an active member of Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) party as the New President of Iraq. He won the election, securing 162 votes in the 2nd round of voting, defeating the incumbent president Barham Salih, who got 99 votes, while eight votes were considered invalid.
- He became the 9th President of Iraq after winning the 2022 Iraqi Presidential election.
Election of Iraq’s President:
i.According to the constitution of Iraq, the President-elect needs to get at least two-thirds of the votes of the 329 parliament members.
ii.Failing that, the 2 candidates with the highest number of votes will compete with each other in a 2nd round, and the one receiving majority of votes will be declared the President of Iraq.
i.Abdul Latif Rashid was elected as the new President of Iraq . He will form a new Government for Iraq.
- He will be considered as the fifth President of Iraq since 2003.
ii.Abdul Latif Rashid has named Mohammed Shia’ al-Sudani as Prime Minister-designate and tasked him to form a new government in Iraq.
About Abdul Latif Rashid:
i.Abdul Latif Rashid was born on 10 August 1944 in Sulaymaniyah, Kingdom of Iraq.
ii.He previously served as the Minister of Water Resources from September 2003 to December 2010.
iii.He was formerly a spokesperson for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) in the United Kingdom.
Prime minister-Mustafa Al-Kadhimi
Currency- Iraqi dinar
S Ravi Kumar resigns as President of Infosys Infosys Limited has announced that Ravi Kumar S, President of Infosys has resigned, effective from 11th October 2022. As the President of Infosys, Ravi Kumar, based in New York, United States of America, led the Infosys Global Services Organisation across all industry segments.
About Ravi Kumar S:
i. Ravi Kumar S started his career as a nuclear scientist at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre and joined Infosys in 2002 and was appointed as President of Infosys in 2016.
- In 2016, he was appointed as the President of Infosys along with Mohit Joshi and Sandeep Dadlani. Three of them were earlier designated as the executive vice president.
- He has also served as the Chief Delivery Officer at Infosys.
ii. He also led the services lines and specialised digital sales across consulting, technology, infrastructure, engineering and process verticals.
iii. He was named as the Deputy Chief Operating Officer (COO) in 2017, reporting to the then COO U B Pravin Rao who retired in December 2021.
- The COO role was eliminated and the responsibilities were split among others in the top management.
iv. According to the 2021-2022 annual report of Infosys, Ravi Kumar was the 3rd highest-paid senior executive of the company after CEO Salil Parekh and former COO UB Pravin Rao.
About Infosys Limited:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Managing Director (MD)- Salil Parekh
Headquarters- Bengaluru, Karnataka
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
IRDAI grants approval to merger of Exide Life into HDFC Life
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) gave final clearance to HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (HDFC Life) to merge Exide Life with the company.
- In January 2022, HDFC Life purchased a 100% stake in Exide Life Insurance Company from its parent company Exide Industries for Rs 6,687 crore in order to expand its footprint in the south Indian market.
- Exide Industries purchased a 4.12% stake in HDFC Life by transferring its life insurance business to HDFC Life.
UNICEF & ICC partners to promote Gender Equality through cricketThe International Cricket Council (ICC) partnered with United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to empower women and girls and promote gender equality through cricket.
i. The partnership between ICC and UNICEF is to be activated in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia where all 16 Nations will hold ‘Cricket 4 Good Coaching Clinics‘ with up to 40 school children taking part in each.
ii. The players will introduce the children to ‘Criiio 4 Good‘, a cricket development curriculum as the participants will also learn more about gender equity.
iii. The partnership will continue throughout the ICC events till the men’s One Day International (ODI) World Cup in India in October-November 2023.
About Criiio 4 Good:
i. Criiio 4 Good is a programme developed by the ICC to deliver an 8-week lesson plan which will introduce the fundamentals of batting, bowling and fielding as well as the basic rules of the game.
- The programme will be available free on the ICC and UNICEF websites,
ii. This programme provides a fun first experience of cricket to participants new to the game.
About the International Cricket Council (ICC):
Chair – Greg Barclay
Headquarters- Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Members- 12 Full Members; 94 Associate Members
About the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF):
Executive Director- Catherine Russell
Headquarters- New York, United States
World Standards Day 2022 – October 14World Standards Day (WSD) also known as International Standards Day is annually observed across the globe on October 14 to educate consumers, policymakers, and businesses about the value of standardisation.
- The day is organised by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and International Telecommunication Union (ITU), collaborating under the banner “World Standard Cooperation”.
i. The theme of World Standards Day 2022 is ‘Shared Vision for a Better World’. 2022 follows the same theme as 2021.
- The theme is part of the IEC, ISO and ITU multi-year campaign to increase understanding about how standardisation is important to achieve the United Nations(UN)’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
ii. The 1st World Standards Day was formally inaugurated in 1970 by Faruk Sunter, then-President of the ISO.
iii. The day is a collaborative initiative of International standards bodies like ISO, IEC, and ITU.
About International Organization for Standardization (ISO):
President- Ulrika Francke
Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland
Members- 167 national standards bodies
About the International Telecommunication Union (ITU):
Secretary-General- Houlin Zhao
Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland
Members- 193 Member States
>> Read Full News
Tamil Nadu is the only State to achieve Jal Jeevan Mission target for Q1 & Q2-2022 As per the official data, Tamil Nadu becomes the only State which has achieved the target for 2022 Q1 and Q2 for Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), with 69.57 lakh households provided with tap connections, as of October 2022.
- The State has provided 16.25 lakh tap connections as against the 12.1 lakh tap connections target set by the Union government for Q1 & Q2-2022 in TN. This number is 134% of the target.
- The target for FY23 in TN is 28.48 lakh tap connections.
i.On October 13, 2022, the Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Ministry of Jal Shakti (MoJS) visited Chennai, and reviewed the progress of work pertaining to JJM.
ii.As of October 2022, of the 1.25 crore households in TN, 69.57 lakh households have received tap connection.
iii.The percentage of households (55.63%) with tap connections in TN is higher than the national average of 53.96%.
iv.The implementation of the work on tap connections for 14.44 lakh households is under way in the State.
v.Of the 12,525 villages in TN, 2,663 villages are ‘Har Ghar Jal’ villages, with tap water connections in 100% households. Work is under way in 7,671 villages.
i.Of the allocation of Rs 3,691 crore from the Union government for the State in FY22, Rs 614 crore has been released.
ii.The expenditure for the State government for providing the tap connections was Rs 496 crore in FY22
- The expenditure for the Union government was Rs 457 crore in the same period.
iii.The State government has reported an expenditure of Rs 173 crore during FY23.
- The Union government has reported an expenditure of Rs 132 crore during the same period.
About Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM):
Establishment- August 15, 2019 by the Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi
Involvement– Central and State Governments
Target– Potable tap water supply to every rural household by 2024, and water supply in adequate quantity of prescribed quality with adequate pressure on a regular and long time basis.
Ethiopian Delegation Visits AP to Study About Rythu Bharosa Kendras
An Ethiopian delegation led by Agricultural Minister Dr Meles Mekonen Yimer is in a visit to Andhra Pradesh (AP) to study the first-of-its kind Rythu Bharosa Kendras (RBKs), that was set up by the AP Chief Minister (CM) Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- The delegation also visited the integrated call centre at Gannavaram and RBK at Gandigunta village in Yuyyuru mandal of Krishna district, AP.
About Rythu Bharosa Kendras (RBK):
i.RBKs are first-of-its-kind unique seeds-to-sales, single-window service centres for farmers, where they can sell pre-tested quality seeds, certified fertilisers and animal feed.
- They are a one-stop solution to all farmer’s needs and grievances through which farmers can purchase or hire farm equipment, and also sell their produce at the prevailing Marginal Standard Price (MSP).
ii.RBKs also provide services like soil testing and make recommendations about which crops to sow, and quantity and type of fertiliser to be used and thereby facilitates interaction between farmers, agriculture scientists, and agriculture extension officers at village level.
- AP government pays crop insurance, procures grains and makes payments to farmers through the RBKs.
iii.Until now, around 10,700 RBKs with digital Aadhar authentication equipment have been set up along with staff from agriculture and horticulture background.
- The staff provide assistance in selling their produce at MSPs, through supporting systems of e-cropping, geotagging and Continuous Monitoring of Agriculture Prices and Procurement (CMAPP), through which payments are made to farmers.
Note – The Centre has nominated the RBK concept for the Food and Agriculture Organisation’s ‘Champion’ award.
About integrated call centre:
i.The integrated call centre was set up in 2021 at Gannavaram to address farmers’ grievances through expertise from various fields.
ii.These centres consist of various scientists from different departments and 30 experienced call centre executives, who will provide suggestions on agriculture related areas including horticulture, sericulture, veterinary, fisheries and marketing.
About Andhra Pradesh:
Chief Minister (CM) – Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy
Governor – Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
National Parks – Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda national park
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Kolleru wildlife sanctuary, Coringa Wildlife sanctuary
Himachal Pradesh Launches New Scheme HIMCAD to Help Farmers
The Himachal Pradesh government has launched a new scheme under the state sector called ‘HIMCAD’ to bridge the gap between irrigation potential generated and irrigation potential utilized.
- This scheme will offer end to end connectivity of farmers’, allowing for better water conservation, crop diversification, and integrated farming.
- The most recent data indicates that around 80% of Himachal Pradesh’s agricultural area is rain-fed.
i.The State Technical Advisory Committee has approved 379 completed Minor Irrigation Schemes worth Rs. 305.70 crore under the scheme to offer CAD activities to 23,344 hectares of Cultivable Command Area (CCA) by March 2024.
ii.With a budget of Rs. 128.40 crore, 274 completed minor irrigation schemes covering 15,242 hectares have been brought under the control of the Command Area Development (CAD) programme till March 2020.
About Himachal Pradesh:
Chief Minister (CM) – Jai Ram Thakur
Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
National Parks – Great Himalayan National Park; Pin Valley National Park
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Bandli Wildlife Sanctuary; Chail Wildlife Sanctuary
CIL signs MoU with RVUNL to set up 1190 MW Solar Power Plant in Rajasthan
On 13th October 2022, Coal India Limited (CIL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) of Rs 5,400 crore with Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (RVUNL) to set up an 1190 MW Solar Power Plant in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
R K Sharma, Chairman and Managing Director of RVUNL and V Reddy, Technical Director of CIL signed the MoU in the presence of Union Coal Minister, Pralhad Joshi and Rajasthan Chief Minister (CM), Ashok Gehlot.
- The Rajasthan government has allotted 4,846 hectares of land to the solar park.
- The solar plant of CIL is to be set up in a 2,000-megawatt (MW) solar park which is being developed by RVUNL.
- Out of 2000 MW, RVUNL will add its own solar power project with a capacity of 810 MW and the rest 1,190 will be set up by the CIL.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 15 October 2022|
|1||MoCI Minister Piyush Goyal releases 4th LEADS Survey Report: 15 States among Achievers|
|2||Overview of the Visit of PM Narendra Modi to Una & Chamba in Himachal Pradesh – October 13, 2022|
|3||Param-Kamrupa: President Droupadi Murmu inaugurates Supercomputer facility at IIT Guwahati, Assam|
|4||Eastern Naval Command conducts offshore security exercise ‘Prasthan’|
|5||UNDP Partners with Arya.ag & FWWB India to Strengthen Value Chain in Agriculture, Allied Sectors|
|6||INS Tarkash Participated in 7th edition of IBSAMAR Maritime Exercise held in South Africa|
|7||Israel & Lebanon signs ‘Historic Agreement’ on Maritime Borders|
|8||SEBI Reconstitutes Commodity Derivatives Advisory Committee & Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee|
|9||World Bank Extends USD 250 million Unconditional Loan for AP’s SALT Project|
|10||RBI cancels registration certificates of 8 NBFCs|
|11||Google Cloud gets MeitY nod to partner with public sector firms|
|12||Mondelez India honoured with Advanced 4IR Digital Lighthouse by WEF|
|13||Iraqi Parliament elects Abdul Latif Rashid as Iraq’s new President|
|14||S Ravi Kumar resigns as President of Infosys|
|15||IRDAI grants approval to merger of Exide Life into HDFC Life|
|16||UNICEF & ICC partners to promote Gender Equality through cricket|
|17||World Standards Day 2022 – October 14|
|18||Tamil Nadu is the only State to achieve Jal Jeevan Mission target for Q1 & Q2-2022|
|19||Ethiopian Delegation Visits AP to Study About Rythu Bharosa Kendras|
|20||Himachal Pradesh Launches New Scheme HIMCAD to Help Farmers|
|21||CIL signs MoU with RVUNL to set up 1190 MW Solar Power Plant in Rajasthan|