We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 12 October 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs October 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
India’s first petrol-operated drone ‘DH-Agrigator’ get DGCA approval; MS Dhoni launches ‘Droni’ Camera Dronei.India’s first petrol-operated drone namely ‘DH-Agrigator’ has received ‘Type Certificate’ from the Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) which enables the manufacturing and selling of drones in the market as per need.
ii.It has been designed and manufactured by the Ambattur, Chennai (Tamil Nadu) based students’ startup Daksha Unmanned Systems (DUMS) Private Limited.
iii.DH-Agrigator is an agriculture sprayer drone for farming solutions.
iv.Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh (MS) Dhoni has launched an indigenous quadcopter consumer camera drone named ‘Droni’ manufactured by Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd., of which MS Dhoni is the Brand Ambassador.
About Garuda Aerospace:
Founder and CEO– Agnishwar Jayaprakash
Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu
>> Read Full News
Tele-MANAS Initiative Launched on World Mental Health DayThawar Chand Gehlot, Governor of Karnataka, virtually launched the Tele Mental Health Assistance and Networking Across States (Tele-MANAS) initiative on October 10, 2022, World Mental Health Day.Tele-MANAS intends to offer 24/7 free tele-mental health services throughout India, with a focus on people who live in remote or underserved areas.
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW).
- It was launched at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.NIMHANS serving as the nodal organisation.
Background: In the Union Budget 2022-23, the Government of India (GoI) announced the National Telemental Health Programme (NTMHP), addressing the mental health crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tele Mental Health Assistance and Networking Across States (Tele-MANAS)
i.The technical assistance will be provided by the International Institute of Information Technology-Bangalore (IIITB), the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bengaluru and the National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHRSC) in Delhi.
ii.The GoI plans to establish at least one Tele-MANAS cell in each State/UT.
- The programme would be launched across a number of states and UTs, including: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chhattisgarh, Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Ladakh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
iii.The programme aims to provide specialised care by linking Tele-MANAS with other services including the National Tele-Consultation Service, e-Sanjeevani, Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission, mental health specialists, Ayushman Bharat health and wellness centres, and emergency psychiatric facilities.
i.Tele-MANAS will be divided into two tiers:
- Tier 1 will consist of state Tele-MANAS cells which include trained counsellors and mental health specialists.
- Tier 2 will consist of specialists at District Mental Health Programme (DMHP)/Medical College resources for physical consultation and/or e-Sanjeevani for audio visual consultation.
ii.A toll-free, 24/7 helpline number (14416) has been established across India to support Tele-MANAS.
iii.There are currently 5 regional coordination centres and 51 State/UT Tele-MANAS cells.
iv.A centralised Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) will be used for the initial rollout, which will be customized for use across all States/UTs and provide basic support and counselling.
Naveen Patnaik Launches India’s First FIFA-Initiated ‘Football for All’ Initiative in OdishaOn 10th October 2022, Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister (CM) of Odisha, virtually launched ‘Football for All’ initiative to promote the sport among school children in Odisha. This is the first such programme by the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA – Fédération Internationale de Football Association) to promote football in India.
- The Football for all programme is sponsored by FIFA in partnership with KIIT (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology) & KISS (Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences).
The “Football for All” initiative aims to promote football among school children.
About Football for All initiative:
i.Under the initiative, over 43,000 footballs will be distributed to children in about 2000 schools of Odisha in association with FIFA and educational institutions in a massive effort to popularise the game.
ii.Around 10,000 schools across 700 districts will get 100 footballs each under the ‘football for school’ programme to be undertaken jointly by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, FIFA, AIFF and UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
iii.The initiatives will help football development in India and prepare athletes for the World Cup.
- The programme will provide life-skill support to children.
iv.KIIT and KISS will provide logistic support to the initiative.
Note-Odisha will host the FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 from 11 October, 2022 to 30 October, 2022.
About FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association):
In English, it is known as the International Federation of Association Football.
Headquarters- Zurich, Switzerland
President- Gianni Infantino
NMDC Signs MoU with RailTel for ICT and Digital Solutions
On 10th October 2022 NMDC Limited (formerly National Mineral Development Corporation) and RailTel Corporation of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that covers Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Digital Transformation Services of NMDC, at its corporate offices and mining complexes.
- The MoU was signed by H Sundaram Prabhu, General Manager (GM-C&IT), NMDC and Manohar Raja, Executive Director, RailTel in the presence of Sumit Deb, Chairman-Cum-Managing Director (CMD) of NMDC at its headquarters in Hyderabad.
Purpose of MoU
- The partnership make RailTel ensure enhanced efficiency and transparency by providing Consultancy, Project Management and Execution services.
- It will also focus on the optimal utilisation of resources and build mineral accountability, which in turn paves way for digital transformation in the mining sector.
- This MoU will enhance the NMDCs 7 year partnership with National Railway Telecom which is providing Multiprotocol Label Switching – virtual private networks (MPLS-VPN) at NMDCs 11 locations, and Internet Leased Lines (ILL) at 7 locations along with High-Definition Video Conferencing solutions.
About NMDC Limited:
Chairman-Cum-Managing Director (CMD) – Sumit Deb
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
Establishment – 1958
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI: Cancels Licence for Seva Vikas Co-operative Bank of Pune; Imposed Penalty on Kerala State Co-operative Bank
On 10 October 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) revoked the license of Pune-based Seva Vikas Co-operative Bank due to its insufficient capital and the company’s lack of earning potential.The bank ceases to carry on banking business, with effect from the close of business on 10th October 2022.
- The bank is prohibited from conducting the business of ‘banking’ which includes, acceptance of deposits and repayment of deposits as defined in Section 5 (b) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 with immediate effect.
- The bank ceased to operate as it did not comply with the provisions under Section 11(1) and Section 22 (3) (d) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- According to the Bank’s data, around 99 percent of the depositors are entitled to receive the full amount of their deposits from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC).
- Upon liquidation, every depositor will receive an insurance for deposits up to Rs.5 Lakh from DICGC, under the DICGC Act, 1961.
Note – In August 2022, RBI had cancelled the licence of Pune-based Rupee Cooperative Bank.
RBI imposes monetary penalty on Kerala State Cooperative Bank
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 48 lakh on the Kerala State Co-operative Bank Limited, Thiruvananthapuram for its non-compliance with the provisions of section 56 of Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and directions issued by RBI on Gold Loan – Bullet Repayment.
- The penalty has been imposed under section 47 A (1) (c) read with sections 46 (4) (i) and 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- According to the statutory inspection conducted by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) with reference to the bank’s financial status as on 31st March 2019, revealed, that the bank did not comply with regulations pertaining to which co-operative banks were permitted to hold shares in any other co-operative society.
- The bank also failed to comply with the RBI directions limiting the quantum of gold loans, granted under the bullet repayment option.
IDBI Bank partners Vayana Network on Supply Chain FinanceIDBI Bank (Industrial Development Bank of India) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Vayana Network as its first fintech partner for end-to-end digitization services.
- The reason behind this pact is to provide complete digital solutions through e- Supply Chain Financing (SCF) to corporate banking and small business clients.
i.Through this MoU, IDBI will contribute to the growth of the supply chain finance penetration in India, which is less than 1% of gross domestic product (GDP) and contributes only 5% of the outstanding banking assets.
ii.Digitization services will reduce paperwork, and transaction processing time while providing a smooth customer experience throughout.
iii.Vayana Network is a SCF platform connecting the buyer, seller and a lending institution under one roof.
- SCF is a fastest way of payment to a supplier in a business transaction under which buyers approve suppliers’ invoice which is to be financed by a third party like a bank or lending institution.
About IDBI Bank:
Managing Director & CEO– Rakesh Sharma
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– Banking For All, Bank Aisa Dost Jaisa
NPCI Launches NPCI Partner Program to Collaborate with Various Fintech Players
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched NPCI Partner Program (NPP) to collaborate with various Technological Service Providers (TSP), Application Service Providers (ASP), and other similar entities.
- With this program, NPCI aims to connect with innovative and payment-oriented service providers.
- This one-of-a-kind initiative will help in building new offerings that are aligned towards the fintech markets and are more transparent and accessible.
About the program:
i.The program will act as a knowledge-sharing platform with exclusive workshops on NPCI products and services and therefore builds a marketplace through community engagement along with participation in NPCI pilot projects.
ii.The service providers are allowed to apply for pre-certification of their tech stack on NPCI platforms after their evaluation for compliance.
- As a result, they will get early access to ready-to-test Application Programming Interface (API)s and specifications for core development and deployment.
iii.These service providers will play a vital role in solving new challenges in the evolving market dynamics of cash-free payments by accelerating strategic partnerships within the Fintech ecosystem.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Dilip Asbe
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
SBI unveils Next-Gen Contact Centre Service
On 10th October 2022, the State Bank of India (SBI) launched its Next-Gen Contact Centre Service for an enhanced and more personalised customer experience.
- The renovated Contact Centre is set to be a new industry benchmark with over 30 banking solutions offered in 12 languages, available 24/7 from home.
- Currently, the contact centre manages about 5 crore monthly calls, with about 40% self-serviced through Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and the rest is managed by more than 3,500 tele-caller working through 4 toll-free helpline numbers.
- The aim of SBI is to explore embedding advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML)-based technologies, including conversational IVR, and voice bots.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Nomura Sharply Moderates India’s FY24 GDP Growth forecast to 5.2%Japanese brokerage Nomura has projected a sharp moderation in India’s growth rate for FY24 to 5.2% as compared to FY23 growth estimate at 7%. Nomura’s FY23 growth estimate for India is same as RBI’s revised down forecast.
i.The economy grew at 4% in FY20 in a multi-year low.
ii.It expects inflation to average at 6.8% in FY23, above the RBI’s 6.7% estimate, and will decline to 5.3% in FY24.
iii.An expenditure cuts is necessary to meet the 6.4% fiscal deficit target for FY23
President and Group CEO– Kentaro Okuda
Headquarter– Tokyo, Japan
Air India Signs agreement with Willis Lease Finance Corp for Engine Sale & Leaseback
Tata Group-owned Air India has signed an agreement with National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations- Willis Lease Finance Corporation (NASDAQ- WLFC) for 34 CFM56-5B engines installed on its Airbus A320 family fleet.
- This is the 1st ConstantThrust sale and leaseback agreement for aircraft engines by any Indian carrier.
- Under the sale transaction, Willis Lease will purchase from Air India 34 engines powering 13 Airbus A321 aircraft and 4 Airbus A320 aircraft.
- According to the agreement, the transaction will enable Air India to eliminate the maintenance burden and fully de-risk itself operationally, improve fleet reliability, reduce cost, and optimise cash flow.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Highlights & Overview Of The 2022 Nobel PrizesThe Nobel Prizes for 2022 in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, and Peace, as well as the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel for 2022, have been announced.
- The Nobel Prize is a prestigious international award administered by the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm, Sweden.
In 2022, 14 laureates were awarded the Nobel Prize for their contributions to mankind.
- The Nobel Prize honours Alfred Nobel, a Swedish chemist, engineer, inventor, and entrepreneur best known for inventing dynamite.
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2022
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to jointly award the Nobel Prize in Physics 2022 to Alain Aspect, John F. Clauser, and Anton Zeilinger.
Purpose: “For experiments with entangled photons, establishing the violation of Bell inequalities and pioneering quantum information science”.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2022
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2022 jointly to three researchers: Carolyn R. Bertozzi, Morten Meldal, and K. Barry Sharpless.
Purpose: “For the development of click chemistry and bioorthogonal chemistry”.
The Nobel Prize in Literature 2022
The French author Annie Ernaux has been awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature for 2022 by the Swedish Academy.
Purpose: “For the courage and clinical acuity with which she uncovers the roots, estrangements and collective restraints of personal memory”.
>> Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
GoI appointed Chief Justices for Rajasthan, Karnataka, J&K and Ladakh High Courts
On 11th October 2022, the Government of India announced the names of new Chief Justices(CJ) for Rajasthan, Karnataka, Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Ladakh High Courts(HC).
- Justice Pankaj Mithal as Chief Justice(CJ) of Rajasthan High Court.
- Justice Prasanna B Varale as the CJ of Karnataka HC
- Justice Ali Mohammad Magrey, as the CJ of J&K and Ladakh HC.
Details of the appointment:
i. In the exercise of the power conferred by clause (1) of Article 222 of the Constitution of India, the President transferred Justice Pankaj Mithal, Chief Justice of the High Court of J & K and Ladakh, as the Chief Justice of the High Court of Rajasthan.
ii. In the exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 217 of the Constitution of India, the President appointed Justice Prasanna Bhalachandra Varale, Judge of the Bombay High Court as the Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
iii. In the exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of Article 217 of the Constitution of India, the President appointed Justice Ali Mohammad Magrey, Judge of the High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh to be Chief Justice of the High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
Note: On 28th September 2022, the Supreme Court collegium in its meeting recommended the elevation and appointment of Chief Justices.
i. Justice Pankaj Mithal enrolled as an advocate in the Bar Council of Uttar Pradesh in 1985 and practised at the Allahabad High Court. He was elevated as Chief Justice of the J&K High Court and took oath in 2021.
ii. Justice P B Varale enrolled as an Advocate in 1985 and joined Advocate SN Loya’s chamber and practised on the Civil and Criminal sides.
iii. Justice Ali Mohammad Magrey enrolled as an Advocate in 1984 and started practising law in the District courts, including Revenue Courts/Tribunals.
Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan takes charge as SEBI Whole Time Member
On 10th October 2022, Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan took charge as Whole Time Member (WTM), Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- He will handle the Market Intermediaries Regulation and Supervision Department (MIRSD), Alternative Investment Fund and Foreign Portfolio Investors Department (AFD), Integrated Surveillance Department (ISD), Department of Economic & Policy Analysis (DEPA) and Information Technology Department (ITD).
- Before taking charge as WTM, he was in the position of Associate Professor, S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai and has 25 years of experience in banking and financial markets.
Vinayak Godse appointed as new CEO of Data Security Council of India
Data Security Council of India (DSCI) appointed Vinayak Godse as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with effect from 1st October 2022.
- He takes on the position from his previous role as Sr. Vice President, succeeding incumbent Rama Vedashree, who led DSCI as the CEO from 2016 to 2022.
- He has been associated with DSCI since its inception in 2008.
- He has over 27 years of experience in Information Security, IT Transformation, Intelligent Networking and Telecom Infrastructure.
- Vinayak Godse also leads the National Centre of Excellence (NCoE) for Cybersecurity Technology and Entrepreneurship, a joint initiative of DSCI and the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (IT).
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI approves IndInfravit’s acquisition of five SPVs Operating Expressway Projects in 4 StatesOn October 10, 2022, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of 100% equity and Compulsorily Convertible Debentures (CCDs) of five Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) by IndInfravit,Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) .
- These five SPVs are engaged in operating and maintaining highways in the states of Andhra Pradesh (AP), Uttar Pradesh (UP), Bihar and Maharashtra.
- The five SPVs that are being acquired by IndInfravit are Simhapuri Expressway Limited; Rayalseema Expressway Private Ltd; Kosi Bridge Infrastructure Company Pvt Ltd; Mumbai Nasik Expressway Private Ltd; and Gorakhpur Infrastructure Company Private Limited.
CCI also approved allotment of Indinfravit’s units to CPP Investments Private Holdings (4) Inc (CPHI-4), under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002, through which part of the above mentioned acquisition of the SPVs will be funded.
i.CPHI-4 is a Canadian corporation and an investment holding company.
- CPP Investments, a Canadian Pension Fund, is a unitholder in the National Highways Authority of India’s InvIT.
ii.IndInfravit was set up in 2018, as an irrevocable trust under the provisions of the Indian Trusts Act, 1882. It is registered as an Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) under the SEBI (Infrastructure Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014 (InvIT Regulations) to invest in road infrastructure assets in India.
- It has a portfolio of 13 toll roads across several states.
CCI clears ADIA’s minority stake buy in Intas Pharmaceuticals
CCI also cleared Platinum Owl’s acquisition of a minority stake in Intas Pharmaceuticals. It involves a secondary acquisition by Platinum Owl of 3% of the equity shareholding of Intas (on an outstanding shares basis).
- Intas is a public company engaged in the business of development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical formulations.
- Platinum Owl is acting in its capacity as a trustee for Platinum Jasmine A 2018 Trust and Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) is the sole beneficiary and settlor of the Platinum Jasmine A 2018 Trust. ADIA is a public institution established as an independent investment institution by the Government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
About Competition Commission of India (CCI):
It consists of a Chairperson and 6 Members appointed by the Central Government.
Chairperson– Ashok Kumar Gupta
Headquarter– New Delhi, Delhi
LIC reduces stake in United Nilgiri Tea to 7.6pc from 9.6pc
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) reduced its stake in United Nilgiri Tea Estates Company Ltd from 4.81 lakh shares to 3.80 lakh shares.
- The LIC’s shareholding decreased from 9.632% to 7.613 % of the paid-up capital of the company.
- The shares will be sold by LIC at an average price of Rs. 310.72 between August 12 and October 7, 2022.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NSIL signed two launch service contracts with UK based M/s OneWeb
NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), a CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprises) under the Department of Space (DoS) and the commercial arm of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) signed two launch service contracts with M/s Network Access Associated Limited (M/s OneWeb), United Kingdom, for launching OneWeb LEO Broadband Communication Satellites on board Launch Vehicle Mark 3 (LVM3), which is ISRO’s heaviest launcher.
- India’s Bharti Group serves as a major investor and shareholder in OneWeb.
i.Under the contract, ISRO will launch 36 satellites on board Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III (GSLV Mk III) also referred to as the LVM3. They will be placed into orbit by one LVM3, from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
ii.The launch under ‘OneWeb India-1 mission ‘LVM3 M2′ will mark LVM3’s entry into the global commercial launch service market.
iii.OneWeb is implementing a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites (LEO).
- With the launch, OneWeb will have over 70% of its planned ‘Gen 1 LEO constellations’ in orbit as it prepares to deliver high-speed, low latency connectivity for governments, businesses, and communities
ICC Player of the Month: Harmanpreet Kaur becomes first Indian woman to clinch the award Rizwan takes honours in men’s category
India women’s cricket team captain Harmanpreet Kaur and Pakistan wicketkeeper batter Mohammad Rizwan won the ICC (International Cricket Council)Player of the Month awards for September 2022 in women’s and men’s categories respectively.
- Harmanpreet Kaur received the award for her memorable showing in the 3-0 One Day International (ODI) series in England. This was India’s first series win in England since 1999. She became the first Indian woman to receive this award.
- She defeated her deputy Smriti Mandhana (India) and Bangladesh counterpart Nigar Sultana, who also came up with some stunning displays.
- She secured the highest 221 runs at an average of 221 and a strike rate of 103.27.
- Rizwan defeated Indian spinner Axar Patel and Australia’s Cameroon Green to claim the award. Rizwan was in stunning form in September, churning out some sizzling performances in T20Is.
- Both the winners will receive gold medallions from the ICC.
Magnus Carlsen won Julius Baer Generation Cup
World Number 1 Magnus Carlsen, Norwegian chess Grandmaster (GM) won the Julius Baer Generation Cup against Indian Grand Master (GM) Arjun Erigaisi in the rapid online chess tournament, 2.5-0.5.
- The 8-day Julius Baer Generation Cup is the 7th of 9 events on the USD 1.6 million 2022 Meltwater Champions Chess Tour and takes place on chess24 from September 18-25.
- Magnus Carlsen and Arjun Erigaisi have qualified from the Julius Baer Generation Cup to the final Major of the 2022 Meltwater Champions Chess Tour, an 8-player tournament to be held in San Francisco this November.
International Day of the Girl Child 2022 – October 11 The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of the Girl Child is annually observed across the globe on October 11 to recognize girls’ rights and the unique challenges girls face around the world.
- 11th October 2022 marks the 10th Anniversary of the International Day of the Girl Child (IDGC).
- The theme of the International Day of the Girl Child 2022 is “Our time is now – Our Rights, Our Future“.
- The day was formed to focus on promoting girls’ empowerment and the fulfilment of their human rights.
i.The UN adopted the Beijing Declaration in 1995 during the World Conference on Women in Beijing, China.
>> Read Full News
World Hospice and Palliative Care Day 2022- 8 October
World Hospice and Palliative Care Day (WHPCD) is annually observed across the globe on the second Saturday of October to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care around the world.
The observance of WHPCD 2022 falls on 8th October 2022.
- WHPCD 2021 was observed on 9th October 2021.
- WHPCD 2023 will be observed on 14th October 2023.
The WHPCD theme for 2022 is “Healing Hearts and Communities”.
- The day is hosted by the Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA), a network of -hospice and palliative care for national and regional organisations, and the International Children’s Palliative Care Network (ICPCN).
The Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance(WHPCA) initially launched WHPCD in 2005 as an annual unified day of action to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care around the world.
i.Hospice care is for people who are nearing the end of life.
ii.The services are provided by a team of healthcare professionals who maximize comfort for a person who is terminally ill by reducing pain and addressing physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs.
i.It is an interdisciplinary medical caregiving approach aimed at optimizing quality of life and mitigating suffering among people with serious, complex, and often terminal illnesses.
It is estimated that globally only 14% of patients who need palliative care receive it; to achieve Sustainable Development Goal(SDG) 3, working towards universal health coverage, countries have to strengthen palliative care services.
About Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA):
Executive Director- Stephen Connor
Headquarters- London, United Kingdom
Delhi Govt Launches App to Keep Track of all Ongoing & Upcoming ProjectsThe Delhi government has launched ‘Delhi e-monitoring’, an app to keep track of all ongoing and upcoming projects across various departments.
i.Under the project, the Public Works Department (PWD), has directed all chief engineers of road, maintenance, projects and flyover divisions to update data about projects on the PWD web portal, which will then be linked to the app.
ii.The PWD is responsible for executing major road, flyover and building infrastructure projects. The PWD department manages around 1,400 km of major roads and flyovers including Ring Road and Outer Ring Road in Delhi.
i.The Delhi e-monitoring app will be monitored and inspected by the Chief Secretary of Delhi Naresh Kumar.
ii.Further, the PWD has also directed officials to appoint a nodal officer at the zonal office level to monitor the app and all issues related to the PWD web portal.
Lieutenant Governor – Vinai Kumar Saxena
Chief Minister – Arvind Kejriwal
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary
Zoological Parks – National Zoological Park
CM Stalin inaugurates ‘first of its kind’ liquefied compressed natural gas station in Ranipet
On 10 October 2022, the Chief Minister (CM) of Tamil Nadu, M.K. Stalin inaugurated AG&P Pratham’s Liquefied Compressed Natural Gas (LCNG) station near Manthangal village at Walajah Taluk in Ranipet district of Tamil Nadu.
- He opened the LCNG station which is the first of its kind in Tamil Nadu via videoconference, in the presence of Industries Minister Thangam Thennarasu, Chief Secretary V. Irai Anbu and company officials.
- The company will develop a 300-km pipeline network in the Vellore-Ranipet area by the end of FY23.
- The unit will benefit over 30,000 households and 325 industrial and commercial establishments with the capacity to handle 100 tonnes of gas per day, and will serve customers across Vellore, Ranipet and Tirupattur district of Tamil Nadu.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 12 October 2022|
|1||Daksha’s petrol-operated ‘DH-Agrigator’ drone get DGCA approval; MS Dhoni launches ‘Droni’ Camera Drone|
|2||Tele-MANAS Initiative Launched on World Mental Health Day|
|3||Naveen Patnaik Launches India’s First FIFA-Initiated ‘Football for All’ Initiative in Odisha|
|4||NMDC Signs MoU with RailTel for ICT and Digital Solutions|
|5||RBI: Cancels Licence for Pune-based Seva Vikas Co-operative Bank; Imposed 48 Lakh Penalty on Kerala State Co-operative Bank|
|6||IDBI Bank partners Vayana Network on Supply Chain Finance|
|7||NPCI Launches NPCI Partner Program to Collaborate with Various Fintech Players|
|8||SBI unveils Next-Gen Contact Centre Service|
|9||Nomura Sharply Moderates India’s FY24 GDP Growth forecast to 5.2%|
|10||Air India Signs agreement with Willis Lease Finance Corp for Engine Sale & Leaseback|
|11||Highlights & Overview Of The 2022 Nobel Prizes|
|12||GoI appointed Chief Justices for Rajasthan, Karnataka, J&K and Ladakh High Courts|
|13||Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan takes charge as SEBI Whole Time Member|
|14||Vinayak Godse appointed as new CEO of Data Security Council of India|
|15||CCI approves IndInfravit’s acquisition of five SPVs Operating Expressway Projects in 4 States|
|16||LIC reduces stake in United Nilgiri Tea to 7.6pc from 9.6pc|
|17||NSIL signed two launch service contracts with Network Access Associated Limited (M/s OneWeb), United Kingdom.|
|18||ICC Player of the Month: Harmanpreet Kaur becomes first Indian woman to clinch the award Rizwan takes honours in men’s category|
|19||Magnus Carlsen won Julius Baer Generation Cup|
|20||International Day of the Girl Child 2022 – October 11|
|21||World Hospice and Palliative Care Day 2022- 8 October|
|22||Delhi Govt Launches App to Keep Track of all Ongoing & Upcoming Projects|
|23||CM Stalin inaugurates ‘first of its kind’ liquefied compressed natural gas station in Ranipet|