Welcome to the Professional Knowledge Section in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Computer Networking. It will be useful for the upcoming IBPS SO IT officer and SBI Assistant Manager(System) examinations. We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- Which protocol working at the Transport layer provides a connectionless service between hosts?
(D) None(A) UDP
- Which protocol does Ping use?
(D) None(B) ICMP
- UDP stands for
(A) User Datagram Protocol
(B) User Data Protocol
(C) Unlimited Datagram Protocol
(D) None(A) User Datagram Protocol
- What protocol does PPP use to identify the Network Layer Protocol?
(D) None(C) NCP
- With respect to a network interface card, the term 10/100 refers to
(A) protocol speed
(B) a fiber speed
(C) megabits per seconds
(D) None(C) megabits per seconds
- If you want to locate the hardware address of a local device, which protocol would you use
(D) None(B) ARP
- …… is primarily used for mapping host names and email destinations to IP address
(D) None(B) DNS
- Which of the following TCP/IP protocol is used for transferring electronic mail messages from one machine to another?
(D) None(B) SMTP
- _____ is the continuous ability to send and receive data between interconnected networks.
(D) Network Interoperability(D) Network Interoperability
- What is the default subnet mask for a class C network?
(D) 255.255.255.0(D) 255.255.255.0