On November 4, 2020, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved the following proposals:
–Cabinet approved signing of Indo-Spain MoU to develop scientific and technical collaborations in astronomy
The Union Cabinet has apprised the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC) and the GRANTECAN, S.A. (GTC), Spain to develop scientific and technical collaborations in the astronomy field.
- This MoU will aid in new scientific results; new technologies; Capacity building through increased scientific interaction and training; joint scientific projects etc.
- There will also be development of segmented telescope technologies as well as the development of robotic telescopes and other future potential specific collaborations.
Through this MoU enables all qualified scientists, students and technologists for joint research projects, training programmes, conferences, seminars etc..
Prime Minister– Pedro Sanchez Perez-Castejon
–Cabinet approves signing of MoU between India and UK on cooperation in the field of Telecommunication/ICTs
To strengthen the bilateral cooperation and mutual understanding in the field of Telecommunications, and Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) between India and the United Kingdom (UK), the Union cabinet has approved the signing of MoU between Ministry of Communications, India and the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) of the UK Government for co-operation in telecommunications.
- Aim of MoU: To enhance scope of cooperation and opportunities for India Post-Brexit. Click Here to Read about Brexit
Areas of Cooperation: Development in Telecom/ICT including 5G, Internet of Things, Machine to Machine, Cloud Computing, Big Data; ICT policy and regulation; spectrum management; connectivity including mobile roaming; standardisations, testing and certification; wireless communications; security of telecommunication infrastructure; security in the provision and use of telecom services; building capacity in hi-tech areas and exchange of expertise; and collaboration and sharing of information on Research and Development in emerging technologies and innovation among others.
About United Kingdom (UK):
Currency– Pound sterling
Prime Minister– Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
–Cabinet approved MoU between India and UK on cooperation in the field of Medical Products Regulation
Apart from above, one more MoU was approved for India-UK which was inked between the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), India and the United Kingdom Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (UK MHRA) on cooperation in the field of medical Product Regulation. Through this MoU both organizations will cooperate and exchange information on matters relating to Medical products regulation in line with their international responsibilities.
Following are the key areas of cooperation:
- Exchange of safety information, including Pharmacovigilance where there is a particular safety concern related to the other party.
- Participation of both nations in scientific and practical conferences, symposia, and seminars.
- Exchange of information and cooperation on Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Distribution Practices (GDP) and Good Pharmacovigilance Practices (GPvP).
- Promote an understanding between the Parties of each other’s regulatory framework, requirements and processes.
- Exchange of information on laws and regulations regarding medicines and medical devices. And to support efforts to control unlicensed exports and imports.
About Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO):
Drugs Controller General of India– Dr. Venugopal G Somani
Headquarter– New Delhi
Parent Ministry– Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW)
–Cabinet approves Indo-Israel MoU on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Israel on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine.
Key Areas of Cooperation are:
- Exchange and training of medical doctors and other health professionals;
- Assistance in development of human resources and setting up of health care facilities;
- Exchange of information regarding regulation of pharmaceutical, medical devices and cosmetics;
- Sharing expertise for vulnerability assessment for health of citizens against climate risk
- Sharing of expertise for facilitating climate resilient infrastructure for development of ‘Green Healthcare’ (climate resilient hospitals);
- Promote mutual research in various relevant areas
Currency– Israeli Shekel
President– Reuven “Ruvi” Rivlin
Recent Related News:
i.On September 22, 2020, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between India’s International Centre for Entrepreneurship and Technology (iCreate) and Israel’s Start-Up Nation Central to boost innovation and technology cooperation by collaborating Israeli and Indian entrepreneurs, startups and corporates on innovative projects.
ii.On September 25, 2020 West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC) and UK (United Kingdom) India Business Council (UKIBC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to accelerate industrial development in West Bengal.