[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Modi In Mongolia – List of Agreements Signed
- Union Information and Technology Minister Ravishankar Prasad inaugurates first postal ATM in Bihar
- Modi In china: 26 Business deals worth $22 Billion Signed
- First Squadron Of Indigenous Tejas Fighter Jets Expected By 2018
- Italian Open: Djokovic and Sharapova triumph
18 years old Indian boy won Intel Foundation Young Scientist Award Young scientist
- 18 years old Karan Jerath won Young Scientist for a device that will stop undersea oil spills.
Centre allocates Rs 5,000 crore for development of AYUSH
- The government has allocated Rs 5,000 crore for the growth of Department of AYUSH and launched an independent National AYUSH Mission aimed at capacity building for the sector.
- For creating awareness about Ayurveda, the Ministry is considering to observe Ayurveda Day.
- Independent National AYUSH Mission is launched aiming capacity building for the sector. The mission will ensure creation of a centre of excellence for Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy independently.
IRCTC signs MOU with UPICO to provide training to the students
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has joined hands with UP Industrial Consultant Limited (UPICO) to conduct a certified course in the state.
- A memorandum of Understanding with UPICO has been signed to provide training in various areas like catering, cooking and maintaining cleanliness at stations.
- The MoU was signed by Manocha and UPICO MD Pravin Singh here to conduct a certified course for students and youth to upgrade their skills under the “Hunar Se Rojgar Tak” scheme in Uttar Pradesh.
PM visits Gandan monastery in Mongolia, gifts Bodhi sapling
- Prime Minster Narendra Modi handed over a Bodhi tree sapling to Hamba Lama (Chief Abbott) of the Gandan Tegchilen monastery, saying it was a token of friendship from the Indian people.
SBI Creates SBI Foundation for Group CSR Activities
- The nation’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has created a separate company, SBI Foundation, to carry out its massive CSR initiatives and hopes to get it “running” from July.
- Incidentally, July 1 is the Foundation Day of the bank, which was started as Bank of Calcutta in June 1806. Pande said that in fiscal 2104, the bank had spent 115 crore on CSR, on a profit of 10,891 crore, which was 6 crore more than its 1 per cent profit.
Australia’s Haddin quits one-day game
- Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin has announced his retirement from one-day internationals.
- Haddin made the announcement ahead of his departure for Australia’s Test tours of the West Indies and the United Kingdom on Monday.
- Haddin, 37, has played in 126-match one-day internationals in a career that began against Zimbabwe at Hobart in January 2001 and ended in Australia’s ICC Cricket World Cup final victory over New Zealand in Melbourne in March this year.
Veteran film director Kalpataru passes away at 78
- Veteran film director Kalpataru, who worked in several hit movies such as Ghar Dwaar, Khoon Ka Badla Khoon, Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani and Bade Ghar Ki Beti passed away at a hospital in Santacruz West on Sunday evening. He was 78.
- K Parvez, who started his career at the age of 18, made his real mark on family cinema when he made the highly successful Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani, and thereafter starting a trend of ‘Ghar…’ films.