[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Bengali writer Suchitra Bhattacharya passes away
- The First Indian-Origin lawmaker from Australia to take oath on Bhagavad Gita
- Samajwadi water ATM scheme launched by the government of Uttar Pradesh
- RBI Instructs Banks to appoint Internal Ombudsman
- Visakhapatnam Strategic reserve crude storage facility to open this year
Four new governors appointed, two transferred
- The Narendra Modi govt. appointed 4 new governors and transferred 2 others, who had been appointed during the UPA regime.
- Rajnath Singh and Mr Modi held a close door meeting before deciding on the names.
New governors :
- Jharkhand: Former Odisha Minister Droupadi Murmu was appointed as Governor of Jharkhand. She will replace Dr Syed Ahmed.
- Arunachal Pradesh: J P Rajkhowa was appointed as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh. He will replace Lt. General (Retd.) Nirbhay Sharma.
- Tripura: Tathagata Roy was appointed as Governor of Tripura
- Meghalaya: V Shanmuganathan was appointed as the Governor of Meghalaya. He is a member of BJP national executive.
- Syed Ahmed – Shifted from Jharkhand to Manipur
- Lt General(retd.) Nirbhay Sharma – Shifted from Arunachal Pradesh to Mizoram.
J.U.A. appoints a new general secretary
- Judo union of Asia (J.U.A.) elected Judo Federation of India President – Mukesh Kumar as the general secretary.
- During the congress, India was allotted the hosting rights of next year’s Aisa cadet and Jr. Judo championship, which will be held in Kochi.
- International Judo Federation president – Marius Vizer and general secretary – Jean Luc Rouge also attended the J.U.A. Congress meet.
First Asian woman appointed mayor in UK
- Indian origin Councillor Harbhajan Kaur Dheer,62, of the British labour party, becomes the first Asian woman to be elected mayor of the Ealing council in West London suburb district.
- She replaces Tej Ram Bagha at the annual council meeting.
- She went to Britain in 1975 and was elected a labour councillor for the Greenford Broadway ward in 2010 for the first time.
Banking & Finance
HSBC cuts India ratings to “underweight”
- HSBC global research in its latest report has cut India’s ratings to underweight from overweight.
- India’s markets have been under performing.BSE Sensex is the worst performing major market in Asia. Sensex is down to 2% while China’s index is up to 34%.
- It further said that India has been the second most expensive market and also there is little room for further rate cuts. Much to the dismay, 2015 El Nino conditions are also firmly established.