Government of Uttar Pradesh has started Samajwadi water ATM scheme ”Samajwadi Shudha Payjal Yojna” in bus stations. Mr Akilesh Yadav, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh launched this scheme for the benefit of people, which aims in providing portable water to the passengers at a reasonable cost.
- State government will install water ATM’s at most of the bus stations, which will provide portable water at the rate of rupee one per litre and cold water at rate of rupee two per litre.
- Apart from this , the state government of Uttar Pradesh Has also started Lohia gramin bus seva, with 25% lower bus fares.
- As a result of this scheme, the connectivity at reasonable price between cities and rural areas where there was no means of transport will be provided.
- 149 self-operating inquiry services, super luxury air- conditioned bus services were also launched by the government.
- CM Mr Akilesh yadav, also laid foundation stones for 25 modern bus stations at a function organised by state transport department.
- The facility was installed at Charbagh of Lucknow and other 100 bus stations of the state.
About Akilesh yadav
- Akilesh Yadav was born on 1st July 1973 in Uttar Pradesh.
- He was awarded environmental engineering degree.
- In a by-election in 2002, he was elected Lok Sabha from Kannauj and retained his seat in 2004 and 2009 general elections.
- His father is Mulayam Singh Yadav, ex Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh from 2003 to 2007.
State of Uttar Pradesh- facts and figures
- Uttar Pradesh is a state located in Northern India.
- It was created on 1st april 1937 by United Provinces.
- Capital of UP is Lucknow.
- On 9th of November 2000, a new state, Uttarakhand was found in the Himalayan hill regions of UP.
- Total area is 2,43,286 sqkm and is 4th largest indian state.
- The population of UP is the highest in the entire country.
- Official language widely spoken in Uttar Pradesh is Hindi