[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
- Pakistani Cricketer, Raza Hasan Banned for two years
- Bharti Retail and Future Group to Merge
- Toppr.com has acquired EasyPrep for an undisclosed amount
- AIMA Managing India Awards 2015 – 6th Edition
- Yale University Names 2 Indians in 2015 World Fellows
Hinduja brothers win Asian Business Leader of year
- NRI industrialists Hinduja brothers S P Hinduja and G P Hinduja – have won the Business Leader of the Year 2015 award at the prestigious 5th Asian Awards for their outstanding achievement in the field of business.
Asian Awards 2015 held in London
- Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan won an Outstanding Contribution to Cinema honour at the fifth annual The Asian Awards.
- Picking up the award for Outstanding Contribution to Sport was Sri Lankan batsman Kumar Sangakkara, and the prize for Outstanding Achievement in Science and Technology went to Tejinder Singh Virdee.
- The Outstanding Achievement in Television award went to comedian, actor and broadcaster Sanjeev Bhaskar, while the Hinduja brothers were awarded as Business Leaders of the Year.
India bags three Asian Squash Federation awards
- India’s men’s team which won the gold medal at the 2014 Incheon Asian Games was awarded the Outstanding Team of the Year award by the Asian Squash Federation.
- Cyrus Poncha, the coach of the team, was declared the winner of the “Coach of the year award” for the team event
- Kush Kumar, the first Indian junior male player to reach the semi-finals of a World junior squash championship, won the Hassan Musa Award for his outstanding performance of the year (boys).
Britain’s Adam Peaty sets 100 metres breaststroke world record
- Britain’s Adam Peaty smashed the world record for the 100 metres breaststroke at the British swimming championships on Friday.
- The 20-year-old, who also holds the 50m world record and won European and Commonwealth titles last year, finished in 57.92 seconds, beating the 58.46 mark set by South Africa’s Cameron van der Burgh on his way to Olympic gold at London 2012.
Pranjala wins Asian junior championship
- India’s Y Pranjala clinched the Asian Junior Tennis championship title after a come-from-behind victory over top seed Chinese Zheng Wushuang and match held at India New Delhi
- The second seeded Indian won with a 5-7 6-2 7-5 scoreline in the final against her formidable rival, who happened to be her doubles partner in the event.
- It was double delight for the 16-year-old Pranjala as she had won the doubles trophy yesterday.
Coached by former Davis Cup player Ilyas Ghouse, Pranjala trains at GVK Tennis Academy in Hyderabad.
Ashish Jakhar from Haryana sets National Youth record in hammer throw
- Haryana’s Ashish Jakhar has set a national youth record in boys’ hammer throw on the second day of the 12th National Youth Athletics Championships.
- Ashish hurled the 5kg ball-and-chain to a new distance of 71.92m on his opening throw and went on to improve it further to 72.04m to stamp his class with fine rotations on the circle to set the first national record of the meet.
- The previous national record had stood in the name of Haryana’s Sukhdev Singh (70.35m) since 2009.
Only Chinese thrower Xu Wenjie has a better mark than Ashish in the Asian rankings, with a 72.35m throw, so far this season.
Business & Finance
YES Bank launches RuPay debit card
- YES Bank on Friday launched the RuPay Debit Card, in association with NPCI. It is a domestic debit card and will be accepted at over 190,000 ATMs and one million point of sale (PoS) terminals in the country.
Oil India commissions 54 MW capacity wind energy projects in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh
- India’s second largest state-owned oil explorer company, Oil India Limited (OIL) has commissioned 54 MW wind energy projects saddled between Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
- The spilt capacity of project between both states is 38 MW plant located at Chandgarh in Madhya Pradesh and 16 MW plant located at Patan in Gujarat.
Nepal observers first anniversary of Everest tragedy
- The first death anniversary, was organized in Kathmandu by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) to pay tribute to the victims of the disaster.