Here we are providing you the detailed syllabus & exam pattern for the BOB PO Recruitment 2017 through PGDBF course.
Candidates shall be selected by BOB through a selection process consisting of an (open) online exam followed by Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview.
BOB 2017 – Exam Pattern:
|Type||SL||Name of the Test||No of Question||Max. Marks||Time|
|Objective Test||1||Reasoning||50||50||2 Hour|
|3||General Awareness (related to Banking Industry)||50||50|
|Descriptive Test||5||English Language||02||50||30 Minutes|
Candidates are required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score in the online test to be shortlisted for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview. Candidates will be shortlisted for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview depending on the number of vacancies, cut-off in each test and total marks secured in the online test as decided by the Bank
There will be descriptive paper for test of writing skill in English which has to be completed in online mode only. The descriptive paper of only such candidates will be assessed who secure a minimum qualifying mark in the objective test.
Wrong answers in objective test will attract negative marks (1/4th of marks assigned to that question) for the online test.
Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion and Personal Interview:
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in the Online Test will be arranged in descending order in each category and the candidates in the order of merit, subject to 4 times the number of intake in each category, will be called for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
The Psychometric Assessment will be qualifying in nature. The final merit list for selection will be on the basis of performance in Online Test (objective + descriptive), Group Discussion (GD) and Interview.
BOB 2017 – Exam Syllabus:
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Data Interpretation [ Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph, Radar Chart, Mixed Graph]
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Quadratic Equations
- Miscellaneous- Time and Work, Partnership, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Time, Distance and Speed –Trains, Boats n Streams, Simple and Compound interest, Mixture and Alligation, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Averages, Age, Problems based on Numbers.
The topics to be covered for Reasoning Ability are
- Puzzles – Seating Arrangement(North – South, Circular, Rectangle, Square), Based on Floors, Hierarchy, Boxes, Months etc.,
- Machine Input/Output
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Logical Reasoning
- Coding Decoding
- Statement and Assumptions/Conclusions
- Analytical Reasoning
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles
- Sentence Correction/ Error Finding
- Spell Checks
- Cloze Test
General Awareness(Related to Banking Industry):
The syllabus for this section remains vast
The topics included are
- Banking/Financial terms
- Current Affairs – covers every current news including related to the banking industry, latest appointments, obituaries, awards and honors, books and authors, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.
- Static GK – topics like headquarters of financial organizations , Country-capital, country-currency, constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, Superlatives of World and India, First in India & World, Places with surname, Palaces, International Lines/Boundaries, Important Monuments of India & World, Rivers, Parliament names of different countries, Important Temples, National Parks,Airports, Wildlife Sanctuary, Stadium, Important Days,memorial place / crematorium, etc.,
- Click Here To Read Banking Awareness Questions
- Click Here To Read Daily Current Affairs
- Click Here To Download Current Affairs 2017 Pocket PDF
- Click Here To Take Current Affairs Mock Tests – Month wise
- Click Here To Download Static GK Capsule
- Click Here To Download Banking Awareness Capsule
- Click Here To Buy Banking & Economy Questions 2016 PDF – (Aug-Dec31)
It includes one Essay writing and One letter Writing.
Write a letter to the bank manager to share an innovative idea on File management system in banks
Write a letter to the newspaper editor on how to stop crime in city
Write a letter to your old teacher to thank him/her for making you a good human being
Pros and cons of ‘one rank one pension’ scheme
Over-dependence on monsoon for farmers
Ethical problems of e-commerce
Essay on effects of increasing FDI
SBI PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
- Letter to editor – increase in selfies among youth
- Letter to parents – new job in new city and problems faced there
- Principal to Parents – Importance of parents in children education.
- Essay on effect of Pokemon Go
- The importance of History of a nation.
- Essay on positive effects of Hike in salary of an employee
UIICL AO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
Essay Writing & Letter writing Questions:
- Difference between Life Insurance and General Insurance, explain the types of Fire Insurance
- SWOT Analysis of Insurance sector in India
- Importance of term Insurance policies
- Letter related to damage Insurance claim
- Write a letter to transfer your policy from Pune to Madurai.
- Essay related to ” Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation”
- Essay related to “Insurance awareness” in Rural India
- Essay related to Benefits of “Child Insurance”
- Letter related to damage insurance claim
- Write a letter to a friend about the benefits of health insurance policies
BOB PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
Letter to the News Editor – Air pollution due to festivals
Letter to Police commissioner – Cyber Crime Awareness Campaign
Privacy about Film stars & Politicians
“Paid news” Is an Ethical in Journalism
Indian Bank PO 2017: Descriptive Questions
Advantages & Disadvantages of National Pension Scheme
Digitization in Banking