Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important questions which are common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Original headquarters of RBI were located at ___?
c. New Delhi
* Original headquarters of RBI were in Kolkata, but in 1937, it was shifted to Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Mumbai.
- In which year, Indian Rupee was devalued for the first time?
- What was the initial share capital of Reserve Bank of India?
a. 5 crore
b. 10 crore
c. 15 crore
d. 20 crore
[su_accordion]a. 5 crore
* RBI did not start as a Government owned bank but as a privately held bank without major government ownership. It started with a Share Capital of Rs. 5 Crore, divided into shares of Rs. 100 each fully paid up. In the beginning, this entire capital was owned by private shareholders. Out of this Rs. 5 Crore, the amount of Rs. 4,97,8000 was subscribed by the private shareholders while Rs. 2,20,000 was subscribed by central government.
- What was the name of State Bank of India (SBI) before it was created by SBI Act?
a. Imperial bank of India
b. Imperial bank of Bengal
c. Imperial bank of Madras
d. Imperial bank of Hindustan
[su_accordion]d. Imperial Bank of India
* The Presidency banks viz. Bank of Bengal, Bank of Bombay and Bank of Madras amalgamated on January 27, 1921 and the Imperial Bank of India was formed under the Imperial Bank of India Act, 1920. After Independence, the Imperial Bank of India was nationalized under the State Bank of India Act, 1955 and State Bank of India (SBI) was formed.
- Nainital Bank is a subsidiary of which of the following banks?
a. Bank of Baroda
c. Syndicate Bank
[su_accordion]a. Bank of Baroda
- What is the share of the Foreign Banks in the branch network in India?
a. Less than 1%
b. Less than 13%
c. Less than 6%
d. Less than 10%
[su_accordion]a. Less than 1%
* Foreign Banks account for less than 1% of the total branch network in the country.
- Which of the following bodies regulates the Regional Rural Banks?
a. Union Government
* They are regulated by NABARD; which is a subsidiary of RBI. Other banks are regulated by RBI directly.
- The owners of the cooperative bank are also its ______
a. All of the below
* A cooperative is jointly owned enterprise in which same people are its customers who are also its owners. Thus, basic difference between scheduled commercial banks and scheduled cooperative banks is in their holding pattern.
- In which country, the Unit Banking System originated?
c. United Kingdom
d. United states
[su_accordion]d. United States
* Unit banking is a system of banking which originated in US. It is a limited way of banking where banks operate only from a single branch (or a few branches in the same area) taking care of local community.
- Which country has largest shadow banking market in the world?
* Shadow banking refers to the activities of financial institutions that operate outside government-regulated banking systems. United States has the largest shadow banking market followed UK and China.