Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Ratio & Proportion , which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
Questions Penned by Yogit
- A bag contains 25p coins, 50p coins and 1 rupee coins whose values are in the ratio of 8:4:2. The total values of coins are 840. Then find the total number of coins
E.None of theseAnswer – D.280
Value is given in the ratio 8:4:2.
(8x/0.25) + (4x/0.5) + (2x/1) = 840.
X = 20. Total amount = 14*20 = 280
- Two vessels contains equal quantity of solution contains milk and water in the ratio of 7:2 and 4:5 respectively. Now the solutions are mixed with each other then find the ratio of milk and water in the final solution?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.11:7
milk = 7/9 and water = 2/9 – in 1st vessel
milk = 4/9 and water = 5/9 – in 2nd vessel
(7/9 + 4/9)/ (2/9 + 5/9) = 11:7
- Two alloys contain gold and silver in the ratio of 3:7 and 7:3 respectively. In what ratio these alloys must be mixed with each other so that we get a alloy of gold and silver in the ratio of 2:3?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.3:1
Gold = 3/10 and silver = 7/10 – in 1st vessel
gold = 7/10 and silver = 3/10 – in 2nd vessel
let the alloy mix in K:1, then
(3k/10 + 7/10)/ (7k/10 + 3/10) = 2/3. Solve this equation , u will get K = 3
- The sum of three numbers is 123. If the ratio between first and second numbers is 2:5 and that of between second and third is 3:4, then find the difference between second and the third number.
E.None of theseAnswer – C.15
a:b = 2:5 and b:c = 3:4 so a:b:c = 6:15:20
41x = 123, X = 3. And 5x = 15
- If 40 percent of a number is subtracted from the second number then the second number is reduced to its 3/5. Find the ratio between the first number and the second number.
E.None of theseAnswer – C.1:1
[ b – (40/100)a] = (3/5)b.
So we get a = b.
- The ratio between the number of boys and girls in a school is 4:5. If the number of boys are increased by 30 % and the number of girls increased by 40 %, then what will the new ratio of boys and girls in the school.
E.None of theseAnswer – B.26/35
boys = 4x and girls = 5x.
Required ratio = [(130/100)*4x]/ [(140/100)*5x]
- One year ago the ratio between rahul salary and rohit salary is 4:5. The ratio between their individual salary of the last year and current year is 2:3 and 3:5 respectively. If the total current salary of rahul and rohit is 4300. Then find the current salary of rahul.
E.None of theseAnswer – B.1800
4x and 5x is the last year salry of rahul and rohit respectively
Rahul last year to rahul current year = 2/3
Rohit last year to rohit current year = 3/5
Current of rahul + current of rohit = 4300
(3/2)*4x + (5/3)*5x = 4300.
X = 300.
So rahul current salary = 3/2 * 4* 300 = 1800
- A sum of 12600 is to be distributed between A, B and C. For every rupee A gets, B gets 80p and for every rupee B gets, C get 90 paise. Find the amount get by C.
E.None of theseAnswer – B.3600
Ratio of money between A and B – 100:80 and that of B and C – 100:90
so the ratio between A : B :C – 100:80:72
so 252x = 12600, x = 50. So C get = 50*72 = 3600
- The sum of the squares between three numbers is 5000. The ratio between the first and the second number is 3:4 and that of second and third number is 4:5. Find the difference between first and the third number.
E.None of theseAnswer – A.20
a^2 + b^2 + c^2 = 5000
a:b:c = 3:4:5
50x^2 = 5000.
X = 10.
5x – 3x = 2*10 = 20
- The ratio between two numbers is 7:5. If 5 is subtracted from each of them, the new ratio becomes 3:5. Find the numbers.
E.None of theseAnswer – A.7/2, 5/2
(7x – 5)/(5x – 5) = 3/5
X = 1/2 so the numbers are 7/2 and 5/2