Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Profit and loss, which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams!!!
- Rahim went shopping to buy a Mobile, the shopkeeper asked him to pay 18% Tax if he wants a bill. If not you can get 7% discount on the actual price of the mobile. Then Rahim decided not to take the bill and paid Rs. 4650. By this how much money could Rahim saved on purchasing mobile?
- A seller bought 2750 Mangoes and 1210 Apples at the same price. He sells in such a way that he can buy 406 Mangoes with the sale of 322 Mangoes and he can buy only 289 Apples with the sale of 391 Apples. Then what is the overall profit percentage made by him?
- Aryan sold a repair mobile to Bhaskar at a profit of 30% and Bhaskar sold it to Chandu at a profit of 20%. Chandu sold it to Dinesh at a loss of 23.07%. Dinesh repaired the mobile by spending 5% of his purchasing price and then sold it again to Aryan at a profit of 3.17%.Then what is the loss of Aryan?
5. No Loss No Profit
- The ratio selling prices three articles A, B, and C is 29:27:32., the ratio of percentage profit is 4:2:5, respectively. If the cost price of article A is equal to B and the cost price of article C is Rs. 480. Then what is the overall gain?
- Swati went shopping to buy a watch with some money. She selected a watch, which is marked Rs.400 higher price than the money she had. But shopkeeper gave two successive discounts of 10% and 15% respectively on the marked price of the watch. Then she could buy that watch and also another watch worth Rs.540 with all the money she had. Then what is the marked price on the first watch?
5. Cannot be determined
- A trader sells Rice to a customer at a profit of x% over the cost price, besides if he cheats his customer by giving 950 g instead of 1Kg. Thus his overall percentage is 20%. Then what is the value of x?
- A trader sells two varieties of Rice A and B. He Mixes 12 Kg of A with 16 kg of B, and by selling this mixture at price of B Rice he gets 20% profit. If the price of A variety Rice is Rs.66/Kg, then what is the price of B variety /Kg.
- Akash bought a Sopha for Rs. 50,000. After one year he sold it to Bhuvan at 10% less of his cost price. Bhuvan spends extra Rs.600 for its repair. And offered Sopha to Charan for Rs.X. Charan requested to get a discount of 15% on that price. But Bhuvan gave him two successive discounts of 10% and 5% instead of 15%.By this Bhuvan got Rs.300 more from Charan. What is the profit % of Bhuvan?
- A mobile of Rs.8000 was offered 20% discount on Diwali by Flipkart. Shriya availed the offer and she got additional 10% by paying through Debit card. After that, she spent 10% of the purchased price for buying Screen guard and Back Cover. At what price she should sell to Sravani the Mobile (with screen guard and Back Cover)to incur a loss of 25%?
- The ratio selling prices three articles A, B, and C is 19:25:27., the ratio of percentage profit is 7:10:4, respectively. If the cost price of article A and B is 400 and 500 respectively. Then what is the total Selling price of all three articles?