Britain’s Anthony Joshua won the International Boxing Federation heavyweight title in London with a second-round knockout of Charles Martin.
- Joshua became the first boxer in history to hold the Olympic super-heavyweight crown and a version of the world heavyweight title simultaneously with his stunning triumph at the O2 Arena, a few miles from where he won gold at the London 2012 Games.
- The new Heavy weight Champion who turned professional in October 2013, is fifth quickest heavyweight to win a version of the world title and is Britain’s second reigning world heavyweight champion.
- Anthony Joshua is a British professional
- He is the current IBF heavyweight champion, and also holds the British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles.
- As anamateur he won a gold medal in the super heavyweight division at the 2012 Olympics, and silver at the 2011 World Championships.
International Boxing Federation:
- The IBF is preceded by the United States Boxing Association.
- The modern International Boxing Hall of Fame located in New York,