On March 6, 2020 Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister & finance minister Ajit Pawar presented Rs 1.15 Lakh crore budget for financial year 2020-21 in the state assembly. The budget estimated revenue receipt of Rs 3,47,457 crore & revenue expenditure of Rs 3,56,968 crore while revenue deficit is Rs 9,511 crore & fiscal deficit is Rs 54618.38 crore.Major Highlights
- Rs 30,000 core proposed to infrastructure development.
- Proposed to increase value-added tax (VAT) on petrol & diesel by Rs 1 per litre.
Electricity , Stamp duty(Tax concession Proposals)
- Proposed to reduce electricity duty on industrial use from 9. 3% to 7.5% of consumption charges.
- For next 2 years 1 % stamp duty concession & other related charges applicable on registration of documents in the areas falling under the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) and municipal corporations of Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad and Nagpur
- One-time settlement scheme for farmers whose debt is more than Rs.2 lakh
- Deposit of Rs RS.2 lakh will be made in farmers bank account whose dues were more than ₹2 lakh till September 30, 2019& proposed payback scheme for farmers who took crop loan in 2018-19 & regularly pay their dues will be offered an incentive of Rs 50,000 crore.
- Rs 22,000 crore allocated for The Mahatma Jyotirao Phule loan waiver scheme in 2020-21, where Rs 9000 crore has been disbursed
Food & Tourism
- Announced Rs 150 crore for ‘Shiv Bhojan’ thali scheme, a subsidised food scheme for the poor.
- At a cost Rs 1000 crore an international level aquarium & tourist hub to be built at Worli & Rs 100 crore to be set aside for boosting tourism in Mumbai annually
- The MLA development fund has been increased from Rs 2 crore to Rs 3 crore.
- Rs 9000 crore allotted for the social justice department
- Rs 5 crore alloted to to create a separate corporation for welfare of transgender community
- Rs 2,100 crore allotted for the Women and Child Welfare development department for the purpose of women’s safety.
Employment & medical
- Introduced The Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Scheme for educated unemployed, where the government will bear 75% due to them during training period in new industries & also will create 1 lakh industrial units and create employment.
- Proposed Rs 5,000 crore for total health outlay, where Rs 2,500 crore has been set aside for medical education.
Water Conservation & Metros
- Introduced the Chief Minister’s Water Conservation Scheme by which Rs 2000 crore is allocated to the Water & Soil Conservation department.
- Proposed 170-km ring road at Pune & Rs 1000 crore for revamping the roads leading up to major markets in every city in Maharashtra .
- Proposed 2 new metro lines in Pune & also to expand existing metro lines .
Chief Minister– Uddhav Thackeray
Governor– Bhagat Singh Koshyari
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification