Syriza MP Zoe Konstantopoulou has been voted as the new Greek Parliament President. She received a record 235 votes out of 293 votes. She will be the youngest and second woman to preside over the Greek House after Anna Psarouda-Benaki in 2004. She will be replacing Mr. Vangelis Meimarakis. Konstantopoulou was born in Athens on December 1976. Professionally she is a lawyer, member of the Athens and New York Bar Associations. She was specialized in National, European and International Criminal Law and Human Rights.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Capital of Greece – Athens. Currency – Euro. Member of European Union.
- Greece has more archaeological museums than any other country in the world
- No one in Greece can choose to not vote. Voting is required by law for every citizen who is 18 or older.
- Greece is the largest producer of sea sponges in the world.
- The National Sports of Greece is Football.