On October 2, 2022, the Ministry of Education (MoE)’s Department of Higher Education launched the YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) scheme which is a Prime Minister’s (PM) Author’s Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors (below 30 years of age) in order to promote reading, writing and book culture in India. This will also project India and Indian writings globally.
- YUVA 2.0 is a follow up to the first edition of YUVA which saw a large scale participation from young and budding authors in 22 different Indian languages and English
Key Points w.r.t. YUVA 2.0:
i.It is a part of [email protected] Project (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav), and is themed on ‘Democracy (institutions, events, people, constitutional values – past, present, future)’.
- Based on this theme, the young writers will share their perspective in an innovative and creative manner.
ii.The scheme will be implemented by the National Book Trust (NBT), India under MoE.
- It will ensure phase-wise execution of the Scheme.
iii.The books prepared under this scheme will also be published by NBT, India, and will also be translated into other Indian languages to exchange culture and literature, thereby promoting ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
iv.This scheme will help in developing a stream of writers who can write on different subjects to promote Indian heritage, culture and knowledge system.
- The selected young authors will interact with the best authors of the world, participate in literary festivals etc.
YUVA 2.0 Schedule:
A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest to be conducted through https://www.mygov.in/ from 2 October 2022 – 30 November 2022, and the winners will be announced on February 28, 2023. The young authors will be trained by eminent authors and mentors from 1st March to 31st August 2023.
- The young authors will be trained by eminent authors/mentors from March 1, 2023 – August 31, 2023.
- The first set of published books will be launched on October 2, 2023.
Recent Related News:
i.On July 29, 2022, Union Home & Cooperation Minister Amit Shah launched a number of new initiatives in the domains of education and skill development to commemorate the completion of two years since the National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020) was introduced on July 29, 2020.
ii.On July 15, 2022, the Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Education (MoE) released the ‘India Rankings 2022- Ranking of Higher Educational Institutions on Performance’. It was prepared by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), MoE. The ‘India Rankings 2022: Overall’ was topped by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras of Chennai, Tamil Nadu with a score of 87.59.
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
Union Minister – Dharmendra Pradhan (Rajya Sabha – Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Annpurna Devi (Kodarma Constituency, Jharkhand); Dr. Subhas Sarkar (Bankura Constituency, West Bengal); Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan Singh (Inner Manipur Constituency, Manipur)