World Suicide Prevention Day, an awareness day observes on September 10th every year to prevent suicides. “Preventing Suicide: Reaching Out and Saving Lives” is the theme of the 2015 World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD).
- It is an initiative of the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) collaborates with World Health Organization (WHO).
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO) report recently, Over 800000 people die by across the World every year. This figure is not an exact value, the real value likely to be higher than the estimated one.
Prof. Ella Arensman, President of IASP inaugurates World Suicide prevention Day 2015.
- IASP – Founded by Erwin Ringel and NormanFarberow in 1960
- IASP President – Ella Arensman
- IASP holds International Congresses every two years
- IASP 2015 World Congress – Montreal, Canada with the theme “New Discoveries and Technologies in Suicide Prevention”
- 7th IASP Asia Pacific Regional Conference will be held in Tokyo, Japan with the theme of “ Buiding bridges for a new Start beyond borders”