On 10th March 2021, the World Economic Forum(WEF) released the list of 112 Young Global Leaders(YGL) 2021. 7 Indians (Shreevar Kheruka, Aditi Avasthi, Srikanth Bolla, Gazal Kalra, Ameya Prabhu, Hriday Ravindranath and Hitesh Wadhwa) joined the Class 2021 of WEF’s Forum of Young Global Leaders.
Gist about Indians in YGF Class of 2021:
- Shreevar Kheruka, Managing Director, Borosil Ltd and member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO) as well as the Entrepreneur’s Organization (EO).
- Aditi Avasthi, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Embibe, India’s EdTech AI platform
- Srikanth Bolla, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Bollant Industries Pvt Ltd, recycled paper manufacturing and ecofriendly packaging consumer product manufacturing company in India.
- Gazal Kalra, Co-founder, Rivigo, tech-logistics startup disrupting the large and unorganized industry.
- Ameya Prabhu, Managing Director, NAFA Capital. He is also an author, financial services entrepreneur & social worker. He is also founder and Managing Partner of UAP Advisors.
- Hriday Ravindranath, Global Chief Technology and Information Officer, BT Group Plc. He is recognised as one of the youngest CTIOs in the industry and youngest CTIO of BT Group.
- Hitesh Wadhwa, Vice-President, Strategic Initiatives, Tech Mahindra, a leading provider of digital transformation, consulting and business reengineering services.
About Forum of Young Global Leaders:
i.The Forum of Young Global leaders is a group of remarkable people under the age of 40 from diverse communities and industries across the globe.
ii.The Forum of YGL is aligned with the mission of WEF, which encourages public private cooperation in global public interest.
To accelerate the impacts of a diverse community of responsible leaders across the globe from diverse sectors to shape an inclusive and sustainable future.
The Forum of YGL was created in 2004 by Klaus Schwab, the founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum.
The Forum of YGL has more than 1400 members and alumni of 120 countries which includes civic and business innovators, entrepreneurs, technology pioneers, educators, activists, artists, journalists, and others.
Recent Related News:
Udit Singhal (18 years), the founder of Glass2Sand, a zero waste ecosystem to control the increasing menace of glass waste in Delhi, has been named to the 2020 Cohort of young leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) by the United Nations(UN).
About World Economic Forum(WEF):
Founder & Chairman– Klaus Schwab
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
Founded– January 1971