The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) annually celebrates World Brain Day (WBD) on 22 July to create awareness on neurological diseases and their effects.
World Brain Day also marks the anniversary of the foundation of the WFN on July 22nd.
WFN is focusing its 2022 efforts on fighting all brain disorders and bringing recognition to how disabling they can be.
The message will show the world the importance of brain health for our overall health.
- Theme of WBD 2022 – “Brain Health for all”
- The Public Awareness & Advocacy Committee of WFN, at the World Congress of Nephrology (WCN), Council of Delegates assembly on 22 September 2013, proposed that July 22 be celebrated as World Brain Day to create awareness on brain health.
- First World Brain Day was observed on 22nd July 2014.
WBD 2022 Campaign:
i.WBD 2022 campaign will be focusing on these five key messages globally:
- Awareness- Brain health is vital for mental, social, and physical wellbeing
- Prevention- Many brain diseases are preventable
- Advocacy-Global efforts are required for optimal brain health
- Education- Education for all is key for brain health
- Access- Equitable access to resources, treatment, and rehabilitation is essential for brain health
The co-chairs of the WBD campaign: Professor Tissa Wijeratne and Professor David Dodick.
About World Federation of Neurology(WFN):
The World Federation of Neurology was formed in Brussels in 1957, as an association of neurological member societies.
Headquarters- London, United Kingdom
President- Prof. Wolfgang Grisold.