Note – The Namami Gange Programme is an integrated conservation mission, approved by Union Government in 2014 with a budget outlay of Rs 20000 crore.
- The world bank and the National Mission of Clean Ganga(NMCG) discussed on the components of second national Ganga river basin Project which comprises spillovers of Ganga-I and take up new projects on tributaries like yamuna and Kali
- The two parts of the SNGRBP loan consists of USD381 million of loan amount and guarantee upto USD19 million as payment security mechanism.
- This is the 1st Indian Project to get the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) Guarantee in the water sector in India
- The loan is for a period of five years upto 2026.
Namami Ganga Programme:-
- The Vision: to restore the wholesomeness of the Ganga River by ensuring ‘Aviral Dhara and ‘Nirmal Dhara’ and maintaining the geological and ecological integrity of the river.
- On 12th August 2011, National Mission for Ganga (NMCG) was registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
- Till March 2020, 313 projects have been sanctioned under the Namami Gange Programme at Rs 24,966 crores.
About World Bank:
Headquarters: Washington D.C., United States
President: David Malpass
Director General NMCG: Rajiv Ranjan Mishra