- It will be implemented by Kholongchhu Hydro Energy limited, a joint venture company formed between Drunk Green power Corporation(DGPC) of Bhutan and Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited(SJVNL) of India.
- The 600 MW run-of-the-river project is located on the Kholongchhu River in Trashiyangtse District in Eastern Bhutan.
- The underground powerhouse has four 150 MW turbines with water impounded by a concrete gravity dam of 95 meters height.
- Hydropower sector is the flagship area of India-Bhutan bilateral cooperation.
- The 720 MW Mangdechhu hydroelectric project was inaugurated by the Prime Ministers of India and Bhutan in August 2019.
- With this, 4 hydroelectric projects of bilateral cooperation (336 MW Chukha HEP, 60 MW Kurichhu HEP, 1020 MW Tala HEP and 720 MW Mangdechhu HEP), totaling over 2100 MW, are already operational in Bhutan.
Prime Minister: Lotay Tshering
Currency: Bhutanese ngultrum