Women and Child Development Ministry Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi released Draft Model Rules under Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 with effect from 15th January 2016
The Draft Model Rules, 2016 that repeal the Model Rules, 2007
Venue: New Delhi
- Provisions for children who commit offences in the age group of 16-18 years
- Inclusion of offences committed against childrensuch as giving intoxicating liquor or narcotic drug or tobacco products to children, sale and procurement of children for any purpose, corporal punishment in child care institutions.
- Mandatory registration of all Child Care Institutions with punishment in case of non-compliance.
- Providing statutory status to the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) to enable it to perform its function more effectively
Procedures for Police, Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) and Children’s Court
- Adhere to the principle of interest of the child and the objective of rehabilitation and reintegration of the child in the society
- Every state Government is required to set up at least one “place of safety” in a State for the rehabilitation of such children
- The Rules prescribe for services to be provided to such children through regular monitoring
Extensive 49 Forms have also been drafted to standardize and simplify prescribed procedures
The committee members:Senior Judge and advocates, members of Juvenile Justice Board and Child Welfare Committee, representatives of State Governments, representatives of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, mental health expert, and civil society organizations
Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurated the e-Archive website and the e-Learning portal of WCD Ministry
Under the Digital India Programme, the Hon’ble Union Minister of Women and Child Development, Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched two websites
Developed by:Ministry of Women and Child Development and National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD)
Full Fledged Electronic Library
Compiling and integrating publications and resource materials from all departments of the Ministry with regards to their national policies, plan of actions, programmes, national and state level achievements, schemes, goals, circulars, books, presentations, periodicals, research publications, government orders, circulars, compendium of research articles, document pdfs, audio and video spots.
Series of E-courses
Job Training Course for Child Development Project Officers of ICDS and gradually bring in new training programmes
Provide an opportunity and access to technical concepts, knowledge and communicate to a much wider audience at a faster pace to develop and increase their skill.
WCD Ministry launched Common Application Software and ICT enabled Real Time Monitoring System of ICDS
Women and Child Development Minister SmtManeka Sanjay Gandhi Launched Common Application Software and ICT enabled Real Time Monitoring System of ICDS
- Common Application Software (ICDS-CAS)
- Information and Communication Technology enabled Real Time Monitoring (ICT-RTM) of ICDS
Venue: New Delhi
- Monitoring the service delivery of AnganwadiCentres
- Help to improve the nutrition levels of children in the country and help meet nutrition goals
- The digitization includes a Rapid Reporting System to collect the online data on Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme from AnganwadiCentres (AWCs) by introducing shortenedAnganwadimonthly progress report (AWMPR)