Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi drafted the New Policy for Women to deal the issues against the Women.
Ministry: Women and Child Development
Policy: National Policy for Women 2016
Presented by: Maneka Gandhi
Focus: Dealing issues related to housing, single women and cyber crime against of women
The Draft Policy was notified in the Ministry website to get the recommendations and Suggestions
The Independent situations of the women:
The following situations were taken into the consideration to recognize the importance of single women which added in the Policy.
- Special significance given to maternal and pre-natal mortality
- Issues related to the gender transformative health strategy
- Acknowledgement of reproductive rights
- Family planning from female sterilisation to male sterilisation
- Assisting in changes in the societal attitude towards women
- Guiding in behavioural changes involving men and boys
Maneka Gandhi Speech:
- National policy on women already framed in 2001 and noting that the policy was come into effect after 15 years.
- The attitude of women towards themselves has changed.
- 15 years ago, women were pleased to get what they were given. Now we demand and our demands are more distinct.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification