The 114th edition of the French Open event took place at the Stade Roland Garros from 24 May to 7 June. It is the second Grand Slam event of the year.
- Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland defeated Novak Djokovic of Serbia ( 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 ), his fourth win in 21 meetings against the Serb.
- It is his first French Open title and second grand slam title after Australian Open 2014.
- He is the only the second Swiss to win French Open men’s single title after Roger Federer.
- Wawrinka became the oldest champion in Paris since Andres Gomez in 1990.
- Serena Williams of United States defeated Lucie Safarova of Czechoslovakia (6-3 6-7 (2) 6-2 )
- This was her third French Open title (earlier wins in 2002, 2013) and overall 20th Grand Slam title.
Men’s Doubles Title
- The pair of Ivan Dodig of Croatia and Marcelo Melo of Brazil defeated Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan of US (6–7(5–7), 7–6(7–5), 7–5 ).
Women’s Doubles Title
- The pair of Bethanie Mattek-Sands of US and Lucie Šafářová of Czech Republic defeated Casey Dellacqua of Australia and Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan (3–6, 6–4, 6–2 ).
- For Mattek-Sands it’s her 16th career doubles crown and third with Safarova.
Mixed Double’s Title
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Mike Bryan pair from United States defeated Lucie Hradecká Czech Republic and Marcin Matkowski of Poland (7–6(7–3), 6–1 ).
- Bryan won his fourth grand slam mixed doubles title; he won the other three with American Lisa Raymond (2002 US Open, 2003 Roland Garros, and 2012 Wimbledon).