During Swachh Delhi campaign, programme organized by the Delhi Govt, Minister of Urban Development Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu announced Rs.3, 250 cr special assistance for decongestion of roads and development of Delhi.
- In this regard projects to be taken will be funded from the Urban Development Fund.
- Delhi Govt will be provided with 1, 500 cr, Delhi Development Authority (DDA) with Rs.1, 665 cr and North Municipal Corporation of Delhi with Rs.85 cr for executing various projects.
Sanction to Delhi Govt for Swachh Delhi works
Sanction of Rs. 96.70 cr to Delhi Govt for taking up Swachh Delhi works through Municipal Bodies. From this amount, it issued sanction orders on the following:
- 34,53 cr to North MCD, Rs.24.56 cr to East MCD, Rs.23.64 cr to South MCD, 3.32 cr to Delhi Cantonment Board, Rs.4.89 cr to DUSIB and Rs.70 lakhs to NDMC.
In lieu of Swachh Bharat Mission about 6 lakhs individual toilets and 29,000 community and public toilets have been built till October end. 100% Door-to-door collection of solid waste is being collected in 33,301 wards out of a total of 78,000 urban wards in the country.
Projects to be taken up by the DDA:
- Construction of 1 km long Rail under Bridge at Holambi and 1.40 km long Rail Over Bridge at Mundka at a cost of Rs.615 cr.
- Construction of 860 meter long Rail over Bridge at Narela on Urban Eastern Road-I for decongesting Outer Ring Road at a cost of 400 cr.
- Construction of 50 km long Tunnel near Bhagya Vihar and Meer Vihar on Urban Eastern Road-II at a cost of Rs.300 cr which helps in decongesting Outer Ring Road
- Completion of the 50 km stretch of Dwarka Express Way between Urban Eastern Road-II and Northern Peripheral Road providing relief to the residents of Dwarka and Gurgaon by reducing travel time and decongesting NH-8.
To sort out Property Tax disputes
Urban development Ministry has taken up initiative of resolving Property Tax/Service Charge disputes between DDA and 3 MCDs.
- DDA will immediately pay Rs.18.70 cr including Rs.8.70 cr to North MCD, Rs.6.80 cr to South MCD and Rs.3.20 cr to East MCD.