West Bengal government had launched the Utkarsh Bangla Scheme for school dropouts at the Netaji Indoor Stadium in Kolkata.The aim of the scheme is to give vocational training to school dropouts.
- The scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of Kolkata and awards were given to the national and state level winners for excellence in skill development.
Key Highlights of innugration
- The scheme every youth will get training ranging from 400 to 1200 hours.
- Free vocational training will be provided to the school-dropouts for tailoring, driving, repairing television and other electronic equipment and beauty courses etc.
- Industrial training institute buildings were also inaugurated at the campus of Amity University in Kolkata.
- Online Single-Window Clearance System portal for industrial projects was also operationalised.
About Utkarsh Bangla Scheme
- Theme of the scheme is nothing is impossible, Be positive and progress with a positive attitude.
- Courses provided under the scheme are free of cost.
- Through the scheme the govt is going to provide training to 41,000 students from 1300 schools.
- Utkarsh Bangla Scheme also ensures that the students get the opportunity of campus placements after their training.
- Polytechnic and ITI training to 6 lakh students every year will be provided under the scheme.
- Some of the companies that will provide employment under the scheme are Samsung, Raymond, Berger Paints, Maruti Suzuki, ASSOCHAM (gems and jewellery), and CREDAI.
- Chief Minister of West Bengal – Mamata Banerjee