On February 1, 2021, Vice President (VP) of India, Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the National Tribal Festival ‘Aadi Mahotsav’ 2021 at Dilli Haat, New Delhi. The festival will be held from February 1-15, 2021 will showcase Tribal art, crafts, medicine, cuisine & folk performances from Tribal Artists and chefs from more than 20 states of India.
- The festival is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs & Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED).
- Arjun Munda, Minister for Tribal Affairs, Renuka Singh, Minister of State for Tribal Affairs; Ramesh Chand Meena, Chairman of TRIFED were present during the event.
i.Aadi Mahotsav has been organized annually since 2017.
- The main objective behind the festival is to familiarise people with the rich and diverse craft, culture of tribal communities.
- The Theme of the Tribal Festival is ‘A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Crafts, Culture and Commerce’.
- The 2020 edition of the Festival was cancelled due to Pandemic.
ii.The Aadi Mahotsav 2021 showcases the Maheshwari sarees of Madhya Pradesh, Warm Woollen from Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh, the Immunity boosting herbs and spices procured by Tamil Nadu & Special honey and organic honey produced by North-East India.
Recent Related News:
i.On December 31, 2020, TRIFED signed an MoU with Deen Dayal Antyodaya-National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) for undertaking economic support programmes to boost the livelihoods of Tribal populations of the country & Women SHGs.
It is the nodal agency working towards Tribal Empowerment
Managing Director – Pravir Krishna
Headquarters – New Delhi