The Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Charge) Shri Bandaru Dattatreya gave away Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar (VRP) and National Safety Awards (NSA) for the Performance Year 2013.
Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar (VRP)
- There are 28 award winners out of a total of 193 applications received from different industries for the Performance Year 2013. This year these 28 awards are being shared by 132 individuals.
- VRP is awarded in recognition of outstanding suggestions given by a worker or group of workers and implemented by the management in the form of cash prize and a certificate of merit in three categories:
Class ‘A’ – Five (5) of Rs. 75,000/- each
Class ‘B’ – Eight (8) of Rs. 50,000/- each
Class ‘C’ – Fifteen (15) of Rs. 25,000/- each
National Safety Awards (NSA)
- Total number of NSA Award Winners and Runners-up in all the ten schemes adds up to 98, which were selected out of 199 applications received under various schemes.
- The NSA is given in recognition of outstanding safety performance of industrial establishments, construction sites, ports and installations under AERB (Atomic Energy Regulatory Board) to stimulate and maintain the interests of both the management and the workers in accident prevention programmes.
- The awards are given under 12 schemes, out of which 10 are meant for Factories, construction sites, Installations under AERB (Atomic Energy Regulatory board) and 2 are for Ports.
- Under each award, a Shield and a Certificate of Merit is given to each of the Award Winners and Runners-up.
GOI, has been operating the (VRP) (Previously known as Shram Vir National Awards) and (NSA) since 1965.