New Delhi headquartered National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has designated railway officer Vinay Kumar Singh as its Managing Director.
- The selection has been made through an interview, taken by search and selection committee.
- The committee was comprised of Urban Development Secretary, Railway Board Member (Staff), an official from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) and an expert from World Bank.
Presently, VK Singh is serving RVNL, a railway PSU and is involved in the study of high speed rail corridors.
NCRTC is implementing agency for the three corridors of the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) in the NCR zone.
- NCRTC will execute three rapid rail corridors to Panipat, Meerut and Alwar from New Delhi. The project is outlaid at Rs 72,170 crore which is expecting to reduce the travel time.
- The speed on the RRTS corridors will be higher than the current Delhi Metro service and the distance separating two stations will also be longer.
- As per the plan, the maximum speed of RRTS trains can be upto 150 km per hour and minimum distance between stations will be about 4 to 5 km.
- RRTS will use the technology recommended by High Speed Rail Authority (HSRA).
The high-speed connectivity will facilitate seamless travel between the capital and suburbs.