Vigilance Awareness Week is annually observed across India during the week in which the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel falls (the week on which 31st October falls). The week is observed by the Central Vigilance Commission(CVC) to bring together all the stakeholders to participate in the prevention of corruption and to raise public awareness about the threats posed by corruption.
Vigilance Awareness Week 2022 is marked from 31st October to 6th November 2022.
- Vigilance Awareness Week 2021 was observed from 26th October to 1st November 2021.
The theme of Vigilance Awareness Week 2022 is “Corruption Free India For A Developed Nation” (Bhrashtaachaar Mukt Bhaarat – Vikasit Bhaarat).
Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week 2022:
- Annually the observance of Vigilance Awareness Week begins with the administration of the Integrity pledge by the commission.
- Suresh N Patel, Central Vigilance Commissioner, Praveen Kumar Srivastava, Vigilance Commissioner and Arvinda Kumar, Vigilance Commissioner administered the pledge at Satarkata Bhawan, New Delhi, Delhi. The pledge-taking ceremony was recorded by Prasar Bharati.
ii. 3-month campaign:
CVC has launched a 3-month campaign (16th August 2022 to 15th November 2022) on preventive vigilance initiatives for all Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations as a precursor of the Vigilance Awareness Week 2022.
The 6 focus areas of the campaign were
- Property Management
- Management of Assets
- Record Management
- Technological Initiatives comprising two parameters
- Website Maintenance & updation
- Identification of new areas for service delivery for customers to be brought on the online portal and initiation of steps for creating an Online platform.
- Updation of guidelines/circulars/Manuals wherever found necessary
- Disposal of complaints
iii.As a part of the observance of the week the commission will organise a function at the Vigyan Bhawan on 3rd November 2022.
About Central Vigilance Commission(CVC):
CVC is an apex vigilance institution, free of control from any executive authority, monitoring all vigilance activity under the Government of India.
Central Vigilance Commissioner– Suresh N Patel
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi