M Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the function to commemorate HUDCO’s 47th Foundation Day in New Delhi on April 25, 2017. He is the Minister of Urban Development, Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation& Parliamentary Affairs.
- Venkaiah Naidu focused on three basic mantras of the Prime Minister of India that of skill, scale and speed.
- HUDCO has completed 47 years of existence in providing housing and basic infrastructure across the country.
- It addresses the shortage of housing and urban infrastructure deficiency.
- HUDCO’s Mission Statement –to promote sustainable habitat development to enhance quality of life.
- The main agenda of the Government of India is growth development and governance.
- It is aimed towards sustainable urbanization for optimum use of space for housing and providing infrastructure facilities such as metros, airports, BRTs to the people.
- Three HUDCO publications namely, HUDCO Darpan, Shelter and HUDCO Design Awards
- The Centre and States have to effectively engage the private sector to achieve the mission of affordable housing for all by 2022.
- To provide affordable housing to the unreached by financing 92% of its housing schemes to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Groups (LIGs).
- To focus of urbanization and to create innovative ideas through proper planning and disaster management preparedness by adopting best practices from all over the world.
- It efforts in the provision of social housing and basic urban amenities in the country.
- The Minister of State has given the awards to the best performing agencies, HUDCO Best Practices, Best Regional Offices, Long Service, and HUDCO Design Awards.
The Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited (HUDCO) is a government-owned corporation in India.
- It is wholly owned by the Union Government and is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- Headquarters New Delhi
- Head: Dr. Medithi Ravi Kanth