Former congress Minister, Veerappa Moily has been chosen for the prestigious Saraswati Samman 2014 for his literary work Ramayana Mahanveshanam, which was released in 2007 and has been translated to English, Telgu, and Hindi. The Saraswati Samman comprises a prize amount of 5 Lakh Rupees and honour. The poem is divided into five volumes which explored the ‘Ramrajya’ from the modern view point.
Knowledge is Wealth
- The Saraswati Samman was launched by KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- There are three awards. ie Saraswati Samman, Vyas Samman (Hindi) and Bihari Puraskar (Hindi and Rajasthani).
- In 2014, Govind Mishra was conferred the Saraswati Samman for his novel ‘Dhool Paudhon pe‘, which was published in 2008.
- Verappa Moily served as the Minister of Petroleum & Natural gas in the last UPA Government.
- Mr Moily was the Former Chief Minister of Karnataka (1992 – 1994).