Vedanta Group’s owner Anil Agarwal had set up the country’s first LCD panel manufacturing plant in Maharashtra.The project aims to boost domestic manufacturing of electronics and reduce import bill in the country
Key Highlights about the Plant
- The Twinstar Display Technologies will go to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Maharashtra government to set up the plant.
- He will manufacture the plant with an investment of $10 billion (Rs 68,000 crore).
- It was inked under the Make in India week
- The firm had announced an investment of Rs. 40,000 crore to set up a LCD panel plant.
- The plant is going to generate direct and indirect employment to over 50,000 jobs around the state.
- The plant will be setup in the five phases.
- The panel will going to start its production probably by 2018.
- It will supply 7—10 per cent to Maharashtra’s Industrial Gross Domestic Product.
- The project requires about 300 acres for its construction unit.
- India is one of the top growing markets for LCD Panel based products such as TV, smartphones, tablets, desktops and Laptops.
- The plant will going to attract the foreign investors to invest in the plant and will help the Indian economy to grow fast.
- The LCD panel manufacturing plant will be a great achievement by the country.
- Capital of Maharashtra – Mumbai
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra – Devendra Fadnavis